Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: vas
Thread ID: 5261
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2594 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
NGFL offline
vas
It seems like this is happening a lot now, it be a shame for it to never return as I have no one's emails and that be end off that made a few good friends on here. So as a temporary solution you could you my personal forum as a stop gap if it do go down it has a chat box too so you can still keep in touch. http://time-waste...boards.com

LIFE_IN_2D
Yeah, must be tough to remember to re-new the site. Perhaps we should start collecting money, to help out Kaz? If everybody chipped in a couple of bucks or quid on PP, perhaps it wouldn't be shut down so often?
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
vas wrote:
It seems like this is happening a lot now, it be a shame for it to never return as I have no one's emails and that be end off that made a few good friends on here.

I think Facebook is a good way of keeping in touch with friends from NGFL and also useful for communicating if the site does go down temporarily.

Kaz has always said the site won't disappear permanently so no need for anyone to worry about that.

LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

Yeah, must be tough to remember to re-new the site. Perhaps we should start collecting money, to help out Kaz? If everybody chipped in a couple of bucks or quid on PP, perhaps it wouldn't be shut down so often?

I agree. I was just about to bring up the subject of donations actually. The site was down because the domain had expired. If anyone would be willing to make a paypal donation to help with the site hosting/domain costs I'm sure Kaz would really appreciate it.

http://www.neogeo...donate.php

vas
No offence merl but Facebook is a pile of wank, I hate the thing.

I only suggested my page as it has a chat box also so everyone could still keep intouch it's only a bookmark after all not any sort of replacement there is no neo game content at all.

As for donations I'll thow a few quid in, sure. But question is were is kaz actually?

NeoStrayCat
Kaz's last visit here was on "June 06 2015 01:56"

So...yeah...>.>

I dunno. <.<
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
merlin
If you ever decide to start using the 'pile of wank' Vas I'd be happy to add you on there. Kaz and some other NGFL members who aren't active here, are very active on Facebook so it's a good way of keeping in contact with them.

Even though I like Facebook a lot I almost never look at the NGFL group there. I think for discussions between people who share a common interest a normal internet forum is much better.

Thanks a lot for donating Vas. Thumbs Up Like 2D said if a load of people donate a small amount it would really help.

cthulhu
merlin wrote:Even though I like Facebook a lot I almost never look at the NGFL group there. I think for discussions between people who share a common interest a normal internet forum is much better.

Not only that, but the NGFL group on Facebook is more a place where people show off what they have, what they're selling and sometimes some technical advice...a bit boring if you ask me.
I use Facebook mostly to stay in contact with people I actually know and for news about the bands I listen to.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Sensi
Just a business question: how much money is needed to keep the site open?
And for how long can we maintain it then?

merlin
Yes you're right Cthulhu I've noticed a lot of posts on the Facebook group are showing what members have bought or are selling. I tried a few times to get people there interested in the forum here but seemed like there wasn't much interest.

Sensi I don't know how much the domain/hosting costs are each year. Kaz hasn't mentioned it in the forum. He did tell me how much the recent bill was for renewing the domain though. It was a significant amount so I made a donation and said I would mention here about donations but of course 2D already did that.

RiKo
I did donate a few years back but I guess time for another one. Let's all agree to donate if Kaz comes back GrinThumbs Up

I am a member but I wish the facebook group was private. It puts it in your newsfeed every time you comment. I like to be nerdy in private Wink
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: