Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: The eccentric cat
Thread ID: 5241
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
King of Fighters XIV announced!!
The eccentric cat
Just as news of SNK Playmore being bought by a chinese company came to light, they just recently announced a new KOF installment for the PS4!

YouTube Video

Nothing's really known so far, but from what we can gather from the trailer, Kyo is wearing a similar outfit to his NESTS clothes, and Iori seems inspired by Another Iori from KOF 2002, trenchcoat and all, they've also gone and used 3D models. Thoughts?
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

NeoStrayCat
Well, other than the FGC taking a massive nosedive on it, cause you know how they are...

Anyways, other than what it looks like from that short vid. Nothing much other than those 2 fighting. Kyo looking more Gackt, and Iori in that outfit, and that's it. Just hope for more soon.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Murikov
I wonder too if those reports of SNKP being taken over by the Chinese might have something to do with this. On the other side SNKP was already looking for a while for programmers and designers for their next "3D project".

So far the game looks quite bland in terms of design and presentation, but it's way too early to judge. Let's wait and see.

At least I'm happy that SNKP's game department is not entirely dead yet.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

vas
I can tell you that is almost certainly a lot of reuse of maximum impact assets maybe not the models but certainly game mechanics and animations played a lot of it on the ps2 was good then? But I feel there trying to directly compete with street fighter .. And o my days that game is shit!!! Can not believe there dropping them sprites after the amazing work that was put into them there simply gorgeous.

Who here going to buy it ? Not me sick of 3d fighters

mehguy
SNK can't do 3D. I hope this is a pre-alpha stage of the game. I hope that the grafix get better.

LIFE_IN_2D
Looks shite.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
I don't mind the graphics. There's something a bit PS2 about them which I find a little charming. I'm okay with SNK going the 3D route with this one - as long as 2D comes back in the future. I can't tell anything about the gameplay from this trailer but from past 3D titles I don't have huge hope. Lets hope they surprise us this time Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
mehguy
should a mod sticky this and un-sticky the kof 13 topic?

The eccentric cat
Good idea. Done and done.

mehguy
2nd trailer came out yesterday. Thoughts?

YouTube Video

The eccentric cat
I'm hoping its a teaser like it says, and not actual gameplay, its not looking too hot in my book...

NeoStrayCat
Well, it has some gameplay, but yeah, a work still in progress, Chang and Leona are in!
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
LIFE_IN_2D
Looks like very choppy gameplay and physics. Not liking how Kyo looks so young and like a fucking J-Pop star. Iori's costume looks even shittier. Man, this looks like a bad Chinese rip-off.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Murikov
At least Chang's back. Otherwise there's so far not too much to say, only that the game at this stage this needs still some serious work.

Anyone noticed that SNKP managed to get Yasuyuki Oda for this project? In the past he worked in the original SNK team and later at Dimps, where he was designer/director of various Street Fighter 4 versions.

http://dreamcance...-designer/
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

vas
I really hope they listen to the fans they even turned of comments off on there utube channel, reuse 13's sprites add a few charecters with a little investment sell millions of copy's or invest millions and sell a few thousand copies. Seems like a really bad business to me.

mehguy
here's a comparison of kof 13 and 14. Gives an idea of what the gameplay could be like.

YouTube Video

The eccentric cat
Interesting video, still difficult to say anything about it at this point, especially if any new mechanics are introduced and the like. Seems like it will still have the same quick gameplay.

mehguy
YouTube Video

New trailer.

bogard
i'm just interested in this because of the roster that was announced.playing as kim's master?.i'm in.

Murikov
New "Party Battle" mode confirmed, returning characters such as Ralf, Kula, Billy Kane, King and Angel (!) - and a total roster of 16 teams and 50 (!) fighters!

I'm quite impressed, although some character models still look shitty.

YouTube Video

i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Jump to Forum: