Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: sotenga
Thread ID: 512
Thread Info
There are 20 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3994 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gah... such a long wait...
sotenga
Am I the only one being driven up the walls waiting for King of Fighters XI and Neo Geo Battle Coliseum? I've gathered that quite a bit of this community is from the UK (or at least Kazuya is), and no offense, but NERTZ TO YOU ALL! You're enjoying kicking ass as Oswald and Cyber Woo while I'm squatting about with jack-diddily! I wouldn't be so pissed, but the fact is that KoF XI was supposed to be released today... well, that was then. Now, I have to wait until October 23rd until its release, and I don't think I can wait that long! 10/23 was supposed to be the release for NGBC, but THAT got pushed back to sometime in November! I'll be extremely engulfed in schoolwork by the time these games come out! *bashes head on desk*

Sorry for that whine/rant, but I was wondering if anyone can suggest methods to quell the painful wait? I'm an impatient American bastard and somewhat proud of it!

Midian
I got a change to buy a copy of NGBC but I didn't and I so regret it now.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Shiny
Hang on NGBC isn't out in the States yet? :eh: It's been out so long over here that nowadays it retails at 3... Not that I wanna rub it in.

And surprisingly few of us (regular posters I mean) from the UK actually...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

sotenga
Shiny wrote:
Hang on NGBC isn't out in the States yet? :eh: It's been out so long over here that nowadays it retails at 3... Not that I wanna rub it in.

It used to be slated for October 23rd. Then that became KoF XI's release date while it got booted back to November fucking 13th. *cries blood until water pressure pops eyeballs out of sockets*

priest
Yeah! Ive seen NGBC in the "bargain-bin" here in Sweden too.

Not that it helps you in the least, Sotenga.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
Here as well (in the Netherlands) and also in the bargain bin.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Kazuya_UK
Wow, KOF XI was delayed here so many times I thought WE had it bad. This is exactly why I import stuff, I know it's not an option for everyone but while I don't mind waiting for some things, I couldn't handle waiting that long for SNK games that I really want to play.

I really hope they fix the KOF XI bugs that are present in the PAL version when they release it over there though, that's for sure! :eh:

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
aroboto
The wait actually kinda made me mad at first (I was prepared to buy the game tomorrow and everything) but they lowered the price from 19.99 to 14.99. Now I kinda wish they'd delay it three more times so we can get it for free! (just kidding, by the way Pfft)

Actually, that price drop kinda reminds me of back in 2001 when Capcom USA delayed Project Justice on DC for America (Europe and Japan got it before us), but we ended up having a cheaper MSRP than they did. Grin
Current avatar: Saki from Quiz Nanairo Dreams

sotenga
aroboto wrote:
The wait actually kinda made me mad at first (I was prepared to buy the game tomorrow and everything) but they lowered the price from 19.99 to 14.99. Now I kinda wish they'd delay it three more times so we can get it for free! (just kidding, by the way Pfft)

Actually, that price drop kinda reminds me of back in 2001 when Capcom USA delayed Project Justice on DC for America (Europe and Japan got it before us), but we ended up having a cheaper MSRP than they did. Grin

... hmm... this does offer a bit of solace. Thanks for quelling my bitchy mood a slight tad. Smile

ADD: On top of that, I just remembered the horrible game-halting debacle from SNK vs. Capcom CFC DS... they better damn well use these extra weeks to make sure that nothing like that gets by in the American version.
Edited by sotenga on 03. October 2007 02:10

Midian
cthulhu wrote:
Here as well (in the Netherlands) and also in the bargain bin.

Really? What stores?

cthulhu
Midian wrote:
Really? What stores?

I've seen NeoGeo Battle Coliseum quite some times really cheap at Future Zone in Rotterdam (it's below V&D at the end of De Koopgoot).
I don't know if they still have it
Last time I was there, they also had KOF XI, but I don't know what price it was. I didn't check because I'm going to buy it for the Atomiswave (NGBC also).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Midian
Awesome man, I've been checking their site and they still sell the first Atelier Iris game and DMC2, games I couldn't find anywhere. Also KoF2002 for 10 bucks only but I couldn't find NGBC. Anyways, I'm sure I'll order there someday since they also ship stuff! Thanks for the site man! Thumbs Up

sotenga
... it's been pushed back again.

... on the date it was supposed to be released.

I... I want to murder... something... like a baby or a deity or something like that.
"Well, that's that! The exit's that way!"

i22.photobucket.com/albums/b302/dire51/moavc_banner.jpg

Shiny
sotenga wrote:

I... I want to murder... something... like a baby or a deity or something like that.

Dude, that sucks. And it's soooo good too. Pfft

Time to mod that PS2...

sotenga
Shiny wrote:
sotenga wrote:

Time to mod that PS2...

Don't make me wanna stab you with Shion's spear, boy-o. I'll be patient... the ONLY point where I'll go to modding is if the absolute worst-case scenario happens. If the game is officially CANCELLED... well, let's not think about that. Angry

boogiepop
What's the new release date? I was thinking of picking up a copy myself but since SNKP USA seems to be dicking around with us again maybe I won't after all. My import ps2 still plays fine anyway.
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

sotenga
boogiepop wrote:
What's the new release date? I was thinking of picking up a copy myself but since SNKP USA seems to be dicking around with us again maybe I won't after all. My import ps2 still plays fine anyway.

Gah, I don't even know anymore. If I wasn't just playing a huge dickload of Phoenix Wright, I'd be sitting in a corner and raving madly. I'm going to stick with it that Nov. 2nd is going to be its release date... I know I shouldn't trust anything anymore, but I've gotta have some faith, dammit! At the absolute latest, it's apparently going to be released on Nov. 13th, the purported same date as NGBC.

... they're gonna push back NGBC too, aren't they? Fucking bullfuck... shitfuck. :evil:

sotenga
Bump.

XI is now Nov. 5th.

........................... guys... they aren't going to cancel it altogether, are they? Please... I want just a little bit of comforting evidence that can keep me from DOING REALLY REALLY FUCKING BAD SHIT!!!!!

Shiny
Shiny wrote:

Hey, you want me to describe it to you? It's in front of me right now... :twisted:
Edited by Shiny on 31. October 2007 08:19

sotenga
Shiny wrote:
Shiny wrote:

Hey, you want me to describe it to you? It's in front of me right now... :twisted:

Shiny, sorry to be a dick, but that's not funny. This is genuinely starting to stress me out, and... I dunno. Is it the Irish firebrand in me that just can't wait any longer? Or is it just the jaded gamer who's really tired of this shit? A bud of mine refers to the company as "SNK Delaymore," and humorous as it is, I'm now very much inclined to agree.

I know this is kinda blasphemous, but I'd be willing to take the glitches at this point just as long as it gets released within the next week.

Jump to Forum: