Username
Password

Remember?
Click here to register.
Forgot Your Password?
Search:
November 21 2017

Navigation
· Home
· Reviews
· Kazuya's Neo Top 10
· In Depth FAQ's
· Downloads
· Web Links
· News Categories
· Image Gallery
· Official Wallpapers
· Fan Made Wallpapers

· NGFL Site Projects

· Neo Geo - The Console
· Neo Geo Pocket Handheld
· Articles

· SNK Jukebox
· NGFL Arcade

· Discussion Forum
· Chatroom
· Latest Comments
· Xbox Live Leaderboard
· NGFL World Map

· Contact Me
· Site FAQ's
· Search Site

· Submit News
· Submit Link
· Submit Article
· Submit a Photo
· Submit Download

Random Review
Money Puzzle Exchanger

Users Online
· Guests Online: 2

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,345
· Newest Member: 4d

Last Seen Users
Supergrafx04:24:59
Murikov 1 day
merlin 2 days
green beret 3 days
NeoStrayCat 1 week
cthulhu 1 week
Sensi 1 week
rollinsonphilip 2 weeks
NeoGeoNinja 2 weeks
RiKo 2 weeks

Ad

Support Us!
Donate To Us!
Enter an amount to donate:
¤

Why Donate?

Game events
Latest scores
NeoStrayCat
scored 193 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 523 points in
Snow Bowling
Snow Bowling
Henke
scored 172 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 28725 points in
Heli Boarding
Heli Boarding

Latest champions
Henke
is the new champion in
Snow Bowling with 523 points
Snow Bowling
Henke
is the new champion in
Heli Boarding with 28725 points
Heli Boarding
Henke
is the new champion in
Donkey Kong with 24900 points
Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter


Thread Author: green beret
Thread ID: 5104
Thread Info
There are 144 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 17723 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Arcade games collection
RiKo
Amazing collection Beret Joe I like especially that you have Ghould n Ghosts AND Ghosts and Goblins. Good to see you have Marvel Super Heroes too. I love that game and it has amazing animation. Which do you like best out of that and Children of the Atom?
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

Amazing collection Beret Joe I like especially that you have Ghould n Ghosts AND Ghosts and Goblins. Good to see you have Marvel Super Heroes too. I love that game and it has amazing animation. Which do you like best out of that and Children of the Atom?

Thank you Riko

CotA has the best stages, very long, very inspired and with 2 floors some of them. SH has better character animation but far worst stages. You need both games in a collection Wink
Some of the best animations are:
Both Marvel games, Vampire series but Savior more, Last Blades, Garou and Street Fighter 3 3rd strike
 
RiKo
Yes I really want to get COTA too. I really like the look of the Sentinel especially. Fortunately that game seems fairly easy to get hold of just at the moment.

I actually think the animation in MSH is better than Last Blade and SF3. Those games do have very good animation but I would say not as expressive or as organic as MSH. I also have MSH on Sega Saturn but I think that is missing a few frames (Ram Pack?)

---------------

Just got this beauty. Anyone know what it is? It's a vertically orientated Capcom title that meant a lot to me back in the day.

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/20170426_163630b_zpsjwugloqq.jpg
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
cthulhu
I've done some detective work and could it be Rush and Crash? The PCB looks exactly the same.
Very nice and clean looking PCB by the way.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
RiKo
Well done Cthulhu. You know your arcade boards! Headbang Yes it's Rush n Crash. (known as The Speed Rumbler in the US).

One particular family holiday I was on a boat to Holland for 7 hours with that machine. I remember playing on it and then going back on deck to find my brother and I told him "If I ever get rich I'm going to buy that machine - it's like Spy Hunter, only it's better - you can drive anywhere and even get out of the car and shoot!"

I was useless at it back then of course, but I played it a lot since on Capcom Classics (Xbox 1) and once you get used to the control, it really is a great game. I believe it's one of the games designed by the guy who also made the Ghouls n Ghosts series.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
Great purchase Riko! I don't know the game but if you say it's good then it will be good Wink Your arcade collection grows larger quickly.
 
RiKo
Thanks Beret. Im very happy with my collection just now. All I need is R-Type - although there are a few other games I would still like to get.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

Thanks Beret. Im very happy with my collection just now. All I need is R-Type - although there are a few other games I would still like to get.

It's when you think you are finished, just to discover a few more games.
I am looking for a few more MVS kits to finish my arcade collection. In the meanwhile I am starting a PC Engine collection
 
RiKo
green beret wrote:

RiKo wrote:

Thanks Beret. Im very happy with my collection just now. All I need is R-Type - although there are a few other games I would still like to get.

It's when you think you are finished, just to discover a few more games.
I am looking for a few more MVS kits to finish my arcade collection. In the meanwhile I am starting a PC Engine collection


Yes so true. When I started I felt in a hurry to get as many pcbs as possible before the UK leaves the European Union, since at the moment I don't have to pay any customs charges and maybe 60% of my PCBs I buy from Europe. If I can get R-Type I will feel I have pretty much completed my collection as I originally planned it when I started out. I still would like Children of Atom and Defender and maybe Solar Warrior too but those are more optional. I'll post my total collection here at some point.

How many PCE games do you have so far? My total PCE collection is literally just Gunhed and Castlevania : Rondo of Blood. I might also still have a couple of Supergrafx games. I no longer have either console sadly but it meant a lot to me to keep those games.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

green beret wrote:

RiKo wrote:

Thanks Beret. Im very happy with my collection just now. All I need is R-Type - although there are a few other games I would still like to get.

It's when you think you are finished, just to discover a few more games.
I am looking for a few more MVS kits to finish my arcade collection. In the meanwhile I am starting a PC Engine collection


Yes so true. When I started I felt in a hurry to get as many pcbs as possible before the UK leaves the European Union, since at the moment I don't have to pay any customs charges and maybe 60% of my PCBs I buy from Europe. If I can get R-Type I will feel I have pretty much completed my collection as I originally planned it when I started out. I still would like Children of Atom and Defender and maybe Solar Warrior too but those are more optional. I'll post my total collection here at some point.

How many PCE games do you have so far? My total PCE collection is literally just Gunhed and Castlevania : Rondo of Blood. I might also still have a couple of Supergrafx games. I no longer have either console sadly but it meant a lot to me to keep those games.

What happened to your PC engine console?
I am waiting a RGB and region free modded DUO R to come from mail and 1 game, PC Denjin which bought new.
Bonk games and Castlevania are in my wish list. A few shmups of course are in the wish list too. Gunhed, Soldier Blade, R-Type, Super Star Soldier, Winds and Gate of Thunder, Spriggan. The 2 Bomberman games and a few more
 
cthulhu
The PC Engine is an awesome system. I have a Duo R With:

Akumajou Dracula X: Chi No Rondo
Alien Crush
Bomberman '93
Chouaniki
Dead of the Brain 1 & 2
Dragon Half
F1 Circus Special - Pole To Win
Fighting Street
Garou Densetsu 2: Aratanaru Tatakai
Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball bu: Soccer hen
PC Denjin
PC Genjin
R-Type I
Snatcher
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Winds of Thunder
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
RiKo
green beret wrote:
What happened to your PC engine console?
I am waiting a RGB and region free modded DUO R to come from mail and 1 game, PC Denjin which bought new.
Bonk games and Castlevania are in my wish list. A few shmups of course are in the wish list too. Gunhed, Soldier Blade, R-Type, Super Star Soldier, Winds and Gate of Thunder, Spriggan. The 2 Bomberman games and a few more


I just had too many consoles and systems at the time and not enough space so I sold it. I had the white briefcase PC Engine and the CD ROM drive broke (the early CD ROM drives are very unreliable and its hard to find ones which arent yellowed) so that was partly why I sold it too. I also sold my Jaguar, Archimedes and Sam Coupe(!)

Some great schmups there on your list Beret. A lot of those I would have wanted. A schmup I still have for PCE is Rayzanber III. I have never played it though because my CD ROM broke first. I used to have Nexzr too

cthulhu wrote:

The PC Engine is an awesome system. I have a Duo R With:

Akumajou Dracula X: Chi No Rondo
Alien Crush
Bomberman '93
Chouaniki
Dead of the Brain 1 & 2
Dragon Half
F1 Circus Special - Pole To Win
Fighting Street
Garou Densetsu 2: Aratanaru Tatakai
Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball bu: Soccer hen
PC Denjin
PC Genjin
R-Type I
Snatcher
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Winds of Thunder
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys


Great collection Cthulhu. Good to see you have Alien Crush and Dracula X too.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

green beret wrote:
What happened to your PC engine console?
I am waiting a RGB and region free modded DUO R to come from mail and 1 game, PC Denjin which bought new.
Bonk games and Castlevania are in my wish list. A few shmups of course are in the wish list too. Gunhed, Soldier Blade, R-Type, Super Star Soldier, Winds and Gate of Thunder, Spriggan. The 2 Bomberman games and a few more


I just had too many consoles and systems at the time and not enough space so I sold it. I had the white briefcase PC Engine and the CD ROM drive broke (the early CD ROM drives are very unreliable and its hard to find ones which arent yellowed) so that was partly why I sold it too. I also sold my Jaguar, Archimedes and Sam Coupe(!)

Some great schmups there on your list Beret. A lot of those I would have wanted. A schmup I still have for PCE is Rayzanber III. I have never played it though because my CD ROM broke first. I used to have Nexzr too

cthulhu wrote:

The PC Engine is an awesome system. I have a Duo R With:

Akumajou Dracula X: Chi No Rondo
Alien Crush
Bomberman '93
Chouaniki
Dead of the Brain 1 & 2
Dragon Half
F1 Circus Special - Pole To Win
Fighting Street
Garou Densetsu 2: Aratanaru Tatakai
Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball bu: Soccer hen
PC Denjin
PC Genjin
R-Type I
Snatcher
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Winds of Thunder
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys


Great collection Cthulhu. Good to see you have Alien Crush and Dracula X too.

If you find space you can always jump in by buying a DUO R from doujindance. They are heard to be reliable
cthulhu wrote:

The PC Engine is an awesome system. I have a Duo R With:

Akumajou Dracula X: Chi No Rondo
Alien Crush
Bomberman '93
Chouaniki
Dead of the Brain 1 & 2
Dragon Half
F1 Circus Special - Pole To Win
Fighting Street
Garou Densetsu 2: Aratanaru Tatakai
Nekketsu Koukou Dodgeball bu: Soccer hen
PC Denjin
PC Genjin
R-Type I
Snatcher
Street Fighter II: Champion Edition
Winds of Thunder
Ys IV: The Dawn of Ys

You have great games in your collection Cthulhu. Is Snatcher in Japanese? If yes, how do you play it?

I am still wainting for PC Denjin to come while the console is resting at its new home. I have also bought Coryoon and waiting it to come through EMS this time
 
cthulhu
Yes, Snatcher is in Japanese, but I also have the English version for the Sega Mega-CD.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Yes, Snatcher is in Japanese, but I also have the English version for the Sega Mega-CD.

Now you are talking Wink
 
RiKo
I recently got New Zealand Story PCB. It's my favourite arcade game at the moment (So addictive!).
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

I recently got New Zealand Story PCB. It's my favourite arcade game at the moment (So addictive!).

Great! Excellent pcb game! I hope you enjoy it.
I find it a little bit difficult. You might get trapped in some places without escape...
Do you find it difficult?

I am waiting Rainbow Islands for the PC Engine. Excellent arcade port.
 
RiKo
Thanks Beret. It's a great game. I don't find it that hard so far, although it came set on the easiest setting so that's probably why Smile I played it a lot when I was young too on the Amiga.

I find Rainbow Islands a lot harder. So many times I accidentally walk up a rainbow and die. That game is one of those classic games where you keep killing yourself by mistake but you know its your fault when it happens.

You definitely chose the best version of RI there Beret. Hope it arrives soon Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
RiKo
Got a new arcade pcb : Moonwalker. Have been looking for this for a while. Found this one in great condition. Plays and works great. I think it still has original battery so I should probably get it replaced soon.

i.imgur.com/RVUkYfk.jpg
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//
 
http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
green beret
RiKo wrote:

Got a new arcade pcb : Moonwalker. Have been looking for this for a while. Found this one in great condition. Plays and works great. I think it still has original battery so I should probably get it replaced soon.

i.imgur.com/RVUkYfk.jpg

Great purchase! I want to try this game sometime. If you can't replace the battery yourself you can send the board to caius to remove the battery or replace it. It is a 100% genuine board, happy gaming!
 
Jump to Forum:

  Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Neo-Geo Games That Should Have Been An Anime Series/Movie Anime Discussion 16 04. July 2017 17:40
What are 10 of your most favorite NeoGeo Pocket games? Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 5 26. June 2017 09:55
Homebrew Games Thread Non SNK Console/PC Gaming Discussion 4 05. May 2017 20:19
My AES collection Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 7 09. April 2017 19:01
Amazing Collection Non SNK Console/PC Gaming Discussion 7 27. March 2017 12:47