Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: green beret
Thread ID: 5104
Thread Info
There are 144 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 17726 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Arcade games collection
green beret
Hi all!
Post here your arcade stuff! I am starting with mineSmile
All games are original and there are no conversions.
OMEGA CMVS
Sigma Raijin Control Box

SNK NEO GEO AES
Art of Fighting 3
Fatal Fury Special
King of Fighters 99
King of Monsters
King of Monsters 2
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug 5
Nam 1975
Samurai Spirits 2
Top Hunter
World Heroes Perfect

SNK NEO GEO MVS FULL KITS
Blazing Star
Metal Slug
Money Puzzle exchanger (cart only)
Neo Bomberman
Nightmare in the Dark (cart only)
Prehistoric Isle 2
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2nd squad
Strikers 1945 Plus
Zupapa!

ATOMISWAVE consolized
Dolphin Blue
Metal Slug 6
Rumble Fish 2
Samurai Spirits 6

PGM carts
PGM motherboard
Demon Front
Gladiator Road of the Sword
Knights of Valour Nine Dragons
Knights of Valour Super Heroes
Oriental Legent Super Special

PGM 2
PGM 2 motherboard
Oriental Legend 2

CPS 1
Captain Commando
Carrier Airwing
Knights of the Round

CPS 1.5
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
The Punisher
Warriors of Fate

CPS 2
19XX
Alien vs Predator+A board Japan
Battle Circuit+A board Japan
Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom+A board Japan
Dungeons & Dragons Shadow over Mystara+A board Asia
Marvel Super Heroes
Powered Gear+A board Japan
Progear No Arashi+A board Japan
Super Street Fighter 2 X+A board Japan
Vampire The Night Warriors+A board Japan
Vampire Savior+A board Japan
X-men Children of the Atom+A board Japan

TAITO F3
Bubble Memories
Bubble Symphony+motherboard Japan
Darius Gaiden+motherboard Japan

KONAMI
Asterix

WINKY SOFT
Denji Makai II Guardians

BREZZASOFT
The Crystal of Kings

SEGA
Alien Storm
Golden Axe
Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder

ATARI
Primal Rage

IREM
Ninja Baseball Bat Man
R-Type LEO
Undercover Cops

DATA EAST
Night Slashers
Edited by green beret on 21. May 2015 16:44

cthulhu
Great collection!
Quite jealous of Cadillacs & Dinosaurs and Night Slashers!

Here's my stuff:

Candy Cabinets
2x Sega New Astro City

Arcade games
PCB:
Akai Katana
Armed Police Batrider B version
Astérix
Asura Blade
Asura Buster
DeathSmiles
Dodonpachi
Dodonpachi Saidaioujou
Dragon Blaze
Dragoon Might
Espgaluda
Espgaluda II
Esp Ra.De.
Guwange
Ibara
Ketsui
Muchi Muchi Pork!
Mushihimesama
Mushihimesama Futari Ver 1.5
Rabbit
Splatterhouse

Atomiswave:
Demolish Fist
Dolphin Blue
Hokuto No Ken
The King of Fighters NeoWave
The King of Fighters XI
Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits
Metal Slug 6
The Rumble Fish
Samurai Spirits Tenkaichi Kenkakuden

eX-BOARD:
Arcana Heart 2 ver.2.1
Daemon Bride

PGM:
Demon Front
The Gladiator
Martial Masters
Spectral vs. Generation (cartridge)

PGM2:
Oriental Legend 2

CPS-1:
The Punisher (USA)
Street Fighter II' - Champion Edition

CPS-2:
Alien vs Predator (Asia)
D&D: Tower of Doom (Europe)
D&D: Shadow over Mystara (Asia)
Marvel Vs. Capcom (Jap)
Progear No Arashi (Jap)
Vampire Savior (Jap)

CPS-3:
Street Fighter III 2nd Impact - Giant Attack

MVS:
Bakumatsu Rouman Gekka no Kenshi
Bakumatsu Rouman Gekka no Kenshi Dainimaku - Tsuki ni Saku Hana, Chiri Yuku Hana
Garou: Mark of the Wolves
Metal Slug
Metal Slug X
Metal Slug 3

Kaneko Super Nova System:
Cyvern: The Dragon Weapons (conversion)

Namco System 246/ 256:
Sengoku Basara X
Capcom Fighting Jam

Taito Type X:
CF modded Type X with 13 games:
ChaosBreaker
GigaWing Generations
Homura
King of Fighters 98 Ultimate Match
King of Fighters Sky Stage
Power Instinct 5
Raiden 3
Raiden 4
Shikigami No Shiro 3
Spica Adventure
Taisen Hot Gimmick 5
Tetris The Grand Master 3
Trouble Witches

Taito G-net:
Shikigami No Shiro

Pinball Machine:
Tales from the Crypt
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
Nice collections. Thumbs Up

I have almost everything I want. I plan on buying Carrier Air Wing at some point. Would love to have Nemo and Chiki Chiki Boys but they are extremely rare so unlikely I will ever own them.

Also still have a few PGM games left but will be sold in the near future.

CP System

Captain Commando
Dynasty Wars
Final Fight
Ghouls 'n Ghosts
King of Dragons, The
Knights of the Round
Magic Sword
Mega Man: The Power Battle
Pnickies
Quiz & Dragons
Strider
Three Wonders
U.N. Squadron
Willow

cthulhu
You also have a nice collection Merlin. It's good to see you've narrowed down to one system with a lot of quality games rather than buying every system you come across.
Nemo is also a game that I would love to have, but I've never seen it for sale. Chiki Chiki Boys unfortunately is also extremely difficult to find and I think I've seen it for sale once or twice, but I'm not quite sure about that though. Carrier Air Wing on the other hand is a lot easier to find.
My arcade stuff

green beret
Cthulhu Cadillacs is a time classic but I was surprised how good Night Shlashers is. It has a lot of replayability and there is a great concept in there.
I am quite jealous myself to most of your cave smups you know!
Merlin needless to say you got a great CPS collection with the best games of it! As Cthulhu already said it's a piece of cake to lockate a Carrier Airwing board and also it is a cheap one unlike some of your games that are quite rare and very expensive.

merlin
Thank you Cthulhu and Green Beret. You guys are lucky to have so many awesome games in your collections. Good to see some CP System games in there too. I do like many other arcade games of course but these days I like to mainly concentrate on a small number of games which mean the most to me and try to get better at playing them.

Good to hear you are also a Nemo fan Cthulhu. Very underrated game which people hardly ever mention. I've also never seen it for sale. Perhaps it wasn't so popular in the arcades so Capcom didn't make many of them.

Good to hear CAW is still not hard to find and not too expensive. Would love to have it in my collection.

green beret
CAW's value is about 100-120$ right now. But for Daimakaimura for example is 330-430$

merlin
Thanks for the info Green Beret. That's great that you pick up such an awesome shoot 'em up for quite a low price. I paid $450 for my Daimakaimura.

I was pleased to find Pnickies because it seems to be quite rare. It only cost me about 55 euros!

More people should post in here!

green beret
merlin wrote:

Thanks for the info Green Beret. That's great that you pick up such an awesome shoot 'em up for quite a low price. I paid $450 for my Daimakaimura.

I was pleased to find Pnickies because it seems to be quite rare. It only cost me about 55 euros!

More people should post in here!
I bought CAW for 110€ shipped.
A couple of days ago a Daimakaimura was sold for 62.000 yen in Yahoo a Japan auctions...so I suppose it has gone up! Pnickies for just 55 euros! That was a great purchase Smile you were lucky enough!
More people should post here, maybe if it was sticky...

Sensi
Ok ok, if you all insist:

PCB
Three Wonders

Atomiswave
Knights of Valour: The Seven Spirits
Metal Slug 6

PGM
Demon Front
Knights of Valour
Knights of Valour 2
Oriental Legend
The Gladiator
The Killing Blade

MVS
Captain Tomaday
Double Dragon
Fast Striker 1.5
Flip Shot
Goal! Goal! Goal!
GunLord
Magical Drop 2
Metal Slug
Metal Slug 2
Metal Slug 4
Metal Slug X
Neo Mr. Do!
Neo Turf Masters
NEO XYX
Pop n Bounce
Puzzle Bobble
Puzzle de Pon!
Puzzled
Rage of the Dragons
Razion
Savage Reign
Shock Troopers
Shock Troopers 2
Sonic Wings 3
Spinmaster
Stakes Winner
Street Hoop
Super Sidekicks 4
Tecmo World Soccer '96

To be honest, I'm sort of a arcade rookie. I don't know much about good/bad games and I haven't got any technical know how about hardware. Due Merlin's golden advice about buying a supergun instead of a consolized PGM system, I suddenly could play PCB's and Atmomiswave games. Thanks Merlin!
Right now I haven't got much space to store these large PCB's, but throwing some old carton boxes away should solve that problem.

But with all these (great) arcade games mentioned here before, it shouldn't be too difficult to find some good ones. Some prices are very steep though. I also learned that all this arcade stuff is a real world on itself. It has moved from the streets into the houses of fanatics if I'm not mistaken. How is the arcade culture nowadays in Japan Merlin?
Is it still very popular?

Cthulhu, your collection is really large and full of quality if I follow the expert opinions of Merlin and Green Beret. Did it took long to build such collection?

Like I early mentioned, with almost zero experience, I'm still still very interested in this topic and it's nice to see Green Beret's (arcade) contribution to the site with all of his purchases and gameplay experiences.

cthulhu
Sensi wrote:
Cthulhu, your collection is really large and full of quality if I follow the expert opinions of Merlin and Green Beret. Did it took long to build such collection?

Thanks! Your collection is very nice as well, lots of quality MVS titles.
It took me 7-8 years to get to where it's now. I started with a consolized Atomiswave back in 2007 along with some games, but I started buying PCBs on my (second) trip to Japan. The first PCBs I've ever bought were Ibara (at G-Front in Tokyo) and Muchi Muchi Pork! (at MAK in Tokyo). It's become something of an addiction after that and my biggest problem at the moment (apart from funding my addiction) is storing all my PCBs as it takes up quite a lot of space. I've got another PCB en route at the moment...Dangun Feveron.
I sometimes bring some Cave PCBs to meetings at a private arcade run by some people at Nozomi.nl...they have a huge collecion of cabs and games:

YouTube Video

The DDPSDOJ in the video is my PCB.
My arcade stuff

green beret
Sensi you got a great collection! Thank you for sharing with us! I am not calling myself an expert, at least in the gameplay department. I don't have much gameplay experience. But Merlin is the master. I followed his advice too and built mostly a beat em up collection.
Cthulhu nice avatar man!
Great video! Where is this paradise located!!!Clap
Edited by green beret on 26. May 2015 22:21

cthulhu
Members of the Nozomi forum may attend the events after paying an entrance fee that includes drinks and diner. I can't tell you where the Nozomi Game Center is located, because it's a private arcade and they don't want non-members looking up the place.
However, I can say that it's about 40 minutes from my house by car (in the Netherlands). For Arcade Otaku members, here's an offical thread by one of the owners: http://forum.arca...mp;t=29750
My arcade stuff

Sensi
It's nice that the members are organizing such event for themselves/others.
Cthulhu, are some youngsters coming along too or are there most of the time age 30+ people?

cthulhu
Mostly it's people of 25 years and older, but the majority seem to be older than 30...sometimes some children as well. They plan on organising a kids event so that would be great because then I can bring my son along without much trouble.
My arcade stuff

merlin
Very nice collection Sensi especially Three Wonders! That was a good move adding that to your collection. I'm glad if my advice helped a little.

Sensi there are still many excellent arcades in Tokyo which are still very popular. Taito Hey gets very crowded at weekends. It's impressive how skillful players are. Most people I see playing are very good at the games they are playing. It's very common to see people getting 1CCs. A lot of people like to watch other players too. There does seem to be a slow decline in the arcades though with some well known places closing down including Shibuya Kaikan and Alpha Station in Tokyo.

Glad my advice was useful Green Beret. Not sure about me being a 'master' but thanks! Your collection is very impressive. It's good to see you being so active in the forum.

Sensi
cthulhu wrote:

Mostly it's people of 25 years and older, but the majority seem to be older than 30...sometimes some children as well. They plan on organising a kids event so that would be great because then I can bring my son along without much trouble.

Does the little guy have the arcade virus of his father, or what?
Is it possible for visitors to bring their own PCB with them to play?

Yep, your advice was really helpful Merlin. It was nice to buy the first PCB with some help.
Don't know if I buy that many more soon. Somes games are really expensive, take up a lot of space and I'm afraid to buy boots.

It's a real shame you have to pay so much attention buying online arcade games,
Doesn't matter for which platform:(

green beret
merlin wrote:

Very nice collection Sensi especially Three Wonders! That was a good move adding that to your collection. I'm glad if my advice helped a little.

Sensi there are still many excellent arcades in Tokyo which are still very popular. Taito Hey gets very crowded at weekends. It's impressive how skillful players are. Most people I see playing are very good at the games they are playing. It's very common to see people getting 1CCs. A lot of people like to watch other players too. There does seem to be a slow decline in the arcades though with some well known places closing down including Shibuya Kaikan and Alpha Station in Tokyo.

Glad my advice was useful Green Beret. Not sure about me being a 'master' but thanks! Your collection is very impressive. It's good to see you being so active in the forum.

Thank you Merlin! You already know you helped me 80% for building my beat em ups and all of them you suggested are the cream of the crop! Thanks againClap I love this forum!
Sensi wrote:

cthulhu wrote:

Yep, your advice was really helpful Merlin. It was nice to buy the first PCB with some help.
Don't know if I buy that many more soon. Somes games are really expensive, take up a lot of space and I'm afraid to buy boots.

Whenever you want to buy a game or pcb and want advice about authenticity, then call me here. I am really an expert on that matter!

cthulhu
Sensi wrote:

My son (6 years old) doesn't really have a huge interest in playing arcade games, except for Astérix and the D&D games. He does love Skylanders on my PS3 and some games on the tablet...he does love watching me play Fighting Games and Shmups.
Normally people don't bring their own PCBs because the NGC has a fantastic collection of games themselves, but they sometimes ask me to bring a Cave game because I already have a quite extensive collection and the owners of the NGC love Cave games.
If you're sure if the arcade game you've found is a bootleg or not, try looking up pictures of the PCB and compare them to the one you've found or try asking at Arcade Otaku...there's a lot of knowledge on that site. If a seller refuses to show the insides of a cartridge, then never ever buy it as it'll probably be a bootleg. Atomiswave bootlegs are very easy to spot though.
My arcade stuff

RiKo
You guys all have amazing collections. Green Beret and Cthulhu - you could almost start your own arcade!

I have no arcade games/PCBS sadly

Although if you count Neo Geo MVS carts (no cabinet!). I do have Waku Waku 7, Blazing Star, Metal Slug, Neo Geo Cup 98, Puzzle Bobble and Mark Of The Wolves (Full kit)

Thee only arcade games I want are Robotron - Cabinet with the 2 joysticks, Outrun Cabinet, Space Harrier sit-in Cabinet, Afterburner (Stand up), Galaxy Force 2 cabinet, Chase HQ, Double Dragon, Strider, Ghouls N Ghosts, and R-Type. I could probably think of some more but all these were iconic games from my youth. That's more the angle I'm coming from.

www.habosarcade.com/images/Robotron/800x6008.JPG

Yeah!

PS Where's Priest in this thread?
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: