Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 4966
Thread Info
There are 15 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4077 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Adding more reviews
merlin
I've been speaking with Kaz recently about adding more reviews and he has now changed my account so I can do that. Thanks Kaz!

I was just wondering if anyone here feels they would be good at writing reviews and would like to contribute some. That would be greatly appreciated. I've already contacted a few people and one person is planning to write some reviews. If anyone is interested please send me a PM. If you could also supply screenshots to go with your review that would be great. You don't need to stick to exactly the same review format used by Kaz. This is what Kaz wrote:

the format is pretty open and I am comfortable with peoples reviews being different... I like everyone to stick with their own style rather than try to change to someone elses

reelmojo
I'm looking forward to more reviews. Kaz's reviews are what originally brought me to this site in the first place as I needed to know which roms were worth downloading on my measly dial-up connection. Simpler times.

I'm currently in the process of writing a review for NES Baseball Stars. My reviews will focus mostly on non-NeoGeo SNK releases, as well as games that are related to the NG in some way but only appear on other systems (Power Instinct, Magical Drop V, etc...). I won't shy away from reviewing a NeoGeo game, but at least at first I'm looking to add variety.

LIFE_IN_2D
GEE THANKS FOR ASKING IF I WANTED TO WRITE REVIEWS, CHODE !!

: p
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
Checking out the reviews when I was trying out different roms was also what brought me to the site Reelmojo. I'm a big fan of Baseball Stars 2 but have only played the NES game very briefly so will be interesting to read your review.

LOL I'm sure you are more than capable of writing good reviews 2D. Would you like to write some?

The few members I contacted had either previously expressed an interest in writing reviews or had written reviews for other sites. I still need to contact Raiken because I think he has written a few more reviews which haven't been added yet.

There's a section for reviews of non-SNK games which is empty. Maybe someone has a few ideas about what we could add there? Perhaps games such as GunForce 2, Daraku Tenshi and other arcade fighting games?

The site does get very quiet at times so I thought new reviews being added might help to liven things up a bit. I'll mention it on the facebook page too. Hopefully it will be a way of getting people there more interested in the site.

The eccentric cat
I actually was going to make a post about the same topic; wanting to add more reviews. I'd love to post some of my soon, I'll make sure to write some, and hopefully post them!
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

reelmojo
merlin wrote:There's a section for reviews of non-SNK games which is empty. Maybe someone has a few ideas about what we could add there? Perhaps games such as GunForce 2, Daraku Tenshi and other arcade fighting games?

I plan on writing at least a few that would fit into that category. The Power Instinct series has always interested me so I may start there. We'll see, I'm just focusing on Baseball Stars for now.

RiKo
I might write reviews for Alpha Mission, Blazing Star and Cyberlip at some point. A lot of games I don't feel capable of writing reviews for because I haven't played them in depth enough. I could do LH Pink Bullets too. Although ideally I need to play the original (I had the DC version) which I have managed to misplace.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Good to see there's plenty of interest.

I have no plans to write any reviews myself at the moment. Since Kaz and Shiny are not very active I just felt it would be good if someone else was also able to add reviews.

LIFE_IN_2D
I'd like to write a review on Last Resort. The one Kaz wrote was from somebody who didn't care for the game. I'd like one written by somebody on the other end of the fence.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
More reviews of games which have already been reviewed would be good to have whether it's a contrasting opinion or not.

As mentioned in the initial post the review format is completely up to the reviewer. You can have additional screenshots throughout your review or just have four at the top like in many of the reviews.

Sensi
Merlin, every console/PC game I played I wrote a review about it. Unfortunately, didn't do it for Neo Geo games. But this and next year I should play more Neo Geo games, so adding some reviews shouldn't be a problem. I need only translate them from Dutch to English,that takes time. How can I upload a review to the site? Need I some kind of login?

merlin
Good to hear you are interested in contributing some reviews to the site Sensi. Thumbs Up

Perhaps I should have explained things more clearly in this thread. Reviews can only be added by admins and for a long time only two of the site admins, Kaz (the site owner) and Shiny, have been able to add them. Because they are both not active at the site I asked Kaz if I could also have the ability to add reviews and he has now changed my account so I can do that which is why I started this thread.

If anyone would like to write a review for the site please send it to me either via pm or email and I will add it to the site.

LIFE_IN_2D
I'd like to contribute but Merlin said my opinion is " worth a pile for dog shite".

Needless to say, I shan't be writing any reviews.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Sensi
Thanks for the info Merlin!
One question; does the review has to be written in the style of Kaz?
He does mention graphics, sound, gameplay etc. in separate blocks.
Mine style is to describe the game, added with some (not too much) personal experiences, and ending with a final score. Would like to know of there are some 'rules' to reckon with.

@2D. Be more nice to Merlin will always help, although I can't imagine why he would be mean to anyone. Give him a free hug and bribe him with something he likes the most Wink

merlin
2D is a lying chode! I never said that!

Seriously though I'll be interested to read your Last Resort review when you finish it 2D.

Sensi I asked Kaz about the format and he said it's completely up to the reviewer. You don't have to have sub headings if you don't want to.

Kaz:

the format is pretty open and I am comfortable with peoples reviews being different... I like everyone to stick with their own style rather than try to change to someone elses

Every time I add new reviews I'll mention them on the NGFL facebook page.

Jump to Forum: