Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 4911
Thread Info
There are 4 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1288 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
2014 HOW WAS IT FOR YOU
STE C
Ok guys you know the yearly drill ( new members I have done this since 2009) sorry I aint as active as I once was but do not worry I am NGFL & I still check the site most days but as you are aware SNK don't seem to be doing a lot but recently & the PS4/XB1 are staring to shine) but I still play my MVS/CD when I feel like it.

THE GOOD

Still happily married & have the most wonderful , understanding, beautiful wife a man could wish for.

Wolfenstien , Neo XYX, Metro Redux , COD AW, Last Of Us HD PS4, Halo Master Chief pack, great games enjoyed them all.

Getting a Xbox 1 in July despite having PS4 & PC I had to have it for Halo & future Gears Of War games.

Buying Wii U

Health is good

Made it to 40 years old

Had 2 great holidays in very posh spa hotels.

The Dreamcast is still alive with the odd indie release.

Some positive news ( but not anywhere near defo) regarding Shemnue.

Got rare R7 black Dreamcast brand new & it looks beautiful.

The PS4/XBOX1 slowly starting to show promise.

Few health scares that thankfully went my way.

Spent best part of a grand but finished my PC Engine/Megadrive collection so my retro collecting is over forever ( I think).

THE BAD

Not a great year for gaming, have probably spent a lot less compared to previous years.

No Concrete or positive rumours regarding Shenmue 3.

SNK what the f*ck are you doing, lets see new fighting franchise or even a new SS/Last Blade or KOF, in fact just bloody make a game.

A few health scares which really got me worried despite things being ok it did knock my confidence & caused anxiety issues ( which I plan to address next with professional help).

Terrorism becoming more widespread.

The recession in the UK that still shows no sign of ending ( worldwide I know)

Used to be ok with my job but I am starting to dislike it due to distance I have to cycle in the cold.

My Xbox 1 turned out to be faulty ( hard drive that sounded like a 100 lawnmowers) had to be replaced after a day & spoilt the celebration of buying a new console which only happens a few times a decade.

Noticing the unpleasant signs of aging ( knees & back & getting tired easier than they used too.).

Sold my Wii U as sadly despite loving MarioKart 8 as I can not justify owing it for a handleful of decent games as my retro games room is struggling to accommodate future consoles.

Sega & SNK doing practically bugger all.

Buying a WiiU then regretting selling it, I might get a new one in 2015 depending on the software due out.

Running out of ideas & topics for NGFL.

Hitting 40
Edited by STE C on 20. December 2014 22:29

cthulhu
My highlights:
The David Cronenberg Experience in Amsterdam.
Buying Dodonpachi Saidaioujou PCB.
Getting two Leopard Geckos.
Supporting a succesful Strange Aeons Kickstarter campaign.
No real lows.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

reelmojo
As a Genesis collector this year I got my holy grail game when I traveled to Chicago and found Crusader of Centy complete and in great condition. After that my Genesis collecting slowed down a bit, but I'm gonna get back into it in 2015.

Random Awards:
Game of the Year: Bayonetta 2
I could sit here and list all of the things that make this game amazing, but I can save time by just saying that there is no aspect of Bayonetta 2 that isn't incredible. I loved a lot of games this year, but my GOTY pick was a no brainer.
Runners up - Infamous: Second Son, Smash Bros, Mario Kart 8, Trials Fusion

Console of the Year: Wii U
Super Mario 3D World, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Smash Bros, Captain Toad... There are simply more fantastic exclusives on Wii U than on any other system right now. I love my PS4, but I can't stop playing my Wii U. Take into account a very promising looking 2015 and it's just no contest.

Album of the Year: Hearts Under Fire - Outlines
I've been a fan of this band for a few years now when I, coincidentally enough, learned about them on this very forum (thanks, Riko!). Outlines is their debut full length album and I was worried a bit that I had hyped it up so much for myself that I would be let down. On the track "False Hope" lead singer and bassist Mary sings "Lower your standards, I'll never live up to the expectations," and as far as this album is concerned she couldn't be more wrong. Every corner of the album is jam packed with raucous energy with expert musicianship on display. I could go on and on, but this is a videogame forum so I won't. Just trust me, if you like rock music at all this is the album of the year.
Runners Up: Christina Perri - Head or Heart, Babymetal - Babymetal

Movie of the Year: Horrible Bosses 2
I want to give it to Guardians of the Galaxy, but I feel like Horrible Bosses 2 will stick with me more. It does everything a comedy sequel should do by referencing the original while creating its own identity. Not to mention it's one of the funniest movies I've ever seen. I'm a sucker for anything with Charlie Day in it. Now, when does the next season of Always Sunny start?
Runners Up: Guardians of the Galaxy, and uh... I didn't really go to the movies much this year

Best Pre-2014 game that I discovered this year: Bayonetta
Thanks to the sequel's impending release I finally played Bayonetta early this year and I loved it, but honestly I did it wrong. Knowing it was a very hard game I played it on easy which automates your combos taking away from the game's precision controls. I later replayed it when it came packaged with Bayo 2, this time playing on Normal and my eyes were opened to just how brilliant this game is. Overcoming the seemingly impossible odds at every turn is the most rewarding feeling a game has given me in years. If you haven't played Bayonetta, you need to. Just skip easy mode. Then immediately play the sequel!
Runners Up: Shadow of the Colossus, Ristar, Rhapsody: A Musical Adventure

LIFE_IN_2D
Nothing too great.

Nothing too bad.

I am thankful that nothing horrible happened to me (or my pet cat) this year. That's what counts.

Very happy to see you posting again STE, even if it won't last.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: