Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: voy3voda
Thread ID: 4885
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2280 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Help 4 buying Neo Geo AES
voy3voda
Hi guys i hope you can help me,

i have the opportunity to buy a US Neo Geo AES, with the arcade controller, cables and US Fatal Fury in box. In $3,700 pesos, roughly $273 dlls. The only problem is that in the controller ports a piece is missing, making it look like the connector is loose. I tried to find spare parts online but it seems that nobody sells them. Also, the cables were fixed at some point but i think i can get those easy...
What should i do, is this a good purchase?
voy3voda attached the following images:
10800185_725939424137997_536752044_o.jpg 10752633_725081047557168_2003781297_o.jpg 10754679_725081094223830_1677857158_o.jpg 10804703_725080987557174_568245662_o.jpg 10807739_725080857557187_1735224208_o.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
Not worth it, IMO. That thing is too wrecked. Part of the Neo-Geo appeal is how sleek and bad-ass the design of the shell is. That one looks too ugly, IMO.

You can get a prettier one for $50 to $100 more if you look.

How do you plan on hooking this up to you TV? Composite, component, scart?

I'd offer the guy $180.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

voy3voda
Tnx for the reply, i know; it looks so wrecked... but a US neo geo aes for $100-$150. On ebay??

To be honest i like to play in the original hardware and i don't mind to fix a broken console but spare parts for the neo geo aes seems difficult to find, so that is the main reason that keeps me doubting.

At first component then scart of course.

The guy doesn't want to lower the price, but that was before he send me the pictures so i could negotiate more, but the only thing i don't want is a bad looking console that can't be fixed 4 sure...
Edited by voy3voda on 19. November 2014 08:05

Sensi
Voy, why not SCART?

voy3voda
i will buy scart but i don't live in the US, so exporting it isn't cheap, so i have to wait.

cthulhu
I really wouldn't buy that, it's wrecked and spare parts are probably as rare as unicorn dung.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

voy3voda
cthulhu wrote:

I really wouldn't buy that, it's wrecked and spare parts are probably as rare as unicorn dung.

Yeah, i want a neo geo aes so bad, but damn maybe is not my time yet. I make him a offer for the control and the game, though... lets see what he says.

LIFE_IN_2D
In all honesty man, if you can't easily shell out $350 to $400 for a decent looking AES, then perhaps you should rethink the purchase all together. When you think about it, most of the decent games on AES cost hundreds of US dollars. It's an expensive system and you have to go in accepting the fact that your pocket will suffer.

For the longest time I was a MVS only collector, because AES was just to damned expensive for me. I waited until I had enough money to purchase an AES along with a few games that I wanted for the system.

The prices of AES (and MVS due to mass-produced CMVS consoles) have skyrocketed . Some games prices have doubled from even two years ago and are still climbing.

If you want to start a collection you can't really worry about money. Now is the time to start before the Neo-Geo prices double again.

Only cheap way to play games via AES is through a converter, and most of them have graphical issues.

Hope this helps.

PS: Don't buy through E-BAY. Try to join or be-friend somebody who is a member of N-G.com. Their market places has way better prices. Only thing is you have to put some time in before you get market access, but it's worth it.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

voy3voda
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

In all honesty man, if you can't easily shell out $350 to $400 for a decent looking AES, then perhaps you should rethink the purchase all together. When you think about it, most of the decent games on AES cost hundreds of US dollars. It's an expensive system and you have to go in accepting the fact that your pocket will suffer.

For the longest time I was a MVS only collector, because AES was just to damned expensive for me. I waited until I had enough money to purchase an AES along with a few games that I wanted for the system.

The prices of AES (and MVS due to mass-produced CMVS consoles) have skyrocketed . Some games prices have doubled from even two years ago and are still climbing.

If you want to start a collection you can't really worry about money. Now is the time to start before the Neo-Geo prices double again.

Only cheap way to play games via AES is through a converter, and most of them have graphical issues.

Hope this helps.

PS: Don't buy through E-BAY. Try to join or be-friend somebody who is a member of N-G.com. Their market places has way better prices. Only thing is you have to put some time in before you get market access, but it's worth it.

I'm gonna follow your advice, it's just that i been able to find all the consoles that i like in very good prices...; but as you say the AES is another story.

you mean: neo-geo.com?

Tnx for the reply, u have been very helpful.

LIFE_IN_2D
Let us know how your hunt goes.

I hope you get a nice system.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: