Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Glowsquid
Thread ID: 4881
Thread Info
There are 19 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5223 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Which neo games have you 1cced?
Glowsquid
(Not a stealth bragging thread!.. I think.)

As any true arcade game fan™ will tell you, arcade games only truly count as beaten when they're completed on one credit. What game have you 1cced, or otherwise attained a level of mastery you deem to be satsifactory?

So far, I've 1cced:

-Eight Man (my first Neo 1cc, lol)
-Last Resort
-Fatal Fury
-Aero Fighters 3 (A fluke - got the easy joke final boss instead of the normal one. I'm planning to do a legit clear one of those days)
-Shamefully enough, NOT Metal Slug. I'm working on it, though!

What about y'all?

NeoStrayCat
Well, me lately...
-All of Art of Fighting
-KOF 94-03
-All of Fatal Fury
-Metal Slug 1 though 3 (4-XX are a pain to 1CC for me, even on the easiest diff.)
-Some other NG games here and there.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
merlin
Good idea for a thread. I've seen threads like this at other forums and they got quite a few replies. I thought about starting one a while ago but didn't because I thought people might think I was trying to show off.

Some nice 1CCs there Glowsquid and Stray. Thumbs Up

My Neo Geo 1CC list: (not including fighting games)

Blue's Journey
Cyber-Lip
Eight Man
Ganryu (no deaths)
Last Resort (2-2)
Metal Slug (no deaths)
Miracle Adventure
Neo Drift Out
Neo Geo Cup '98
Neo Mr.Do
Nightmare in the Dark
Ninja Commando
OverTop
Prehistoric Isle 2
Shock Troopers
Sonic Wings 3 (2-2)
Thrash Rally
Top Hunter
Twinkle Star Sprites

DarakuTenshi
I don't remember all the fighting games that I've cleared on one credit. But as for the other games only:
Ganryu and Blues Journey.

Chiba3010
Hmm... Off the top of my head, I can think of three:

Fatal Fury
Fighter's History Dynamite
Eightman
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

green beret
None. Not good enough!

cypher
for me
art of fighting 1 and 3
all the kof
all fatal fury

green beret
Now I remembered I have finished Garou Mark of the Wolves using just 1 credit.
Edited by green beret on 30. December 2014 14:09

RiKo
Only CyberLip, that was only because I was trying to get a high score for the challenge here, normally I never get good enough to 1CC a game. I'm always very impressed when you guys get them though!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NEO-GEO man
Ive been through a few, but some are very hard to do on 1 credit.

Nam 1975 is really easy
Samurai Shodown 1 and 2
Fatal Fury 1, 2 , 3, Special
RB Fatal Fury 1, 2, Special
World Heroes
SvC Chaos
Art of Fighting 1 and 2
KOF 94, 95, 96, 97, 98
Neo Drift Out
Thrash Rally
Panic Bomber
Puzzle Bobble
Stakes Winner
Soccer Brawl
Baseball 2020
Overtop

Come close on a few others, but just cant get there, especially those you need to go through twice.

NEO-GEO man
Almost add Ninja Combat, made it to very last boss on just one credit, the pounding fist hit me too many times!

merlin
NEO-GEO man wrote:

Come close on a few others, but just cant get there, especially those you need to go through twice.

I take it you mean shoot 'em ups with more than one loop? I don't bother trying to complete more than one loop. Completing the first loop counts as a 1CC.

I think you should have another go at Last Resort and Prehistoric Isle 2. Both of those are of below average difficulty compared to other arcade shooters especially PI2 which is the easiest arcade shooter I've played. I bet it wouldn't take you long to beat both of those on one credit.

Nam 1975 is definitely not 'really easy' for me! I'd like to learn how to play properly one day.

I think Neo Mr. Do is one of the easiest Neo Geo games to clear on one coin. The game is fairly short and it's easy to earn extra lives. A great game which people rarely mention.

NEO-GEO man
Completing one loop is not a 1CC, the second time through is generally a bit different.

PI2 i have here on AES, and yeah ive come pretty close withoutmuch effort, just didnt play long enough! Last resort i struggle with some spots.

NAM is easy in loads of ways... Easy to play, easy to finish, and easy the best game on the console Wink

merlin
NEO-GEO man wrote:
Completing one loop is not a 1CC, the second time through is generally a bit different.

I think completing one loop is considered to be a 1CC by most shoot 'em up players. After the first loop you get an end sequence and credits. You've beaten the bad guys and saved the world! After completing the game, additional loops give you the chance to play through it again (with increased difficulty) so you can get an even higher score. Andro Dunos never stops looping so by your definition it would be impossible for anyone to 1CC that game.

https://goo.gl/VV...

NEO-GEO man
I have yet to play that one!

I know that the 2nd time through Last Resort is EXTREMELY hard to beat that 3rd boss.

merlin
I never managed to get as far as the stage 3 boss on the second loop but from watching a video I can see what you mean. That boss fight does look significantly harder.

Sonic Wings 3 also seems quite a bit harder the second time around.

Glowsquid
Glowsquid wrote:

So far, I've 1cced:

-Eight Man (my first Neo 1cc, lol)
-Last Resort
-Fatal Fury
-Aero Fighters 3 (A fluke - got the easy joke final boss instead of the normal one. I'm planning to do a legit clear one of those days)
-Shamefully enough, NOT Metal Slug. I'm working on it, though!

What about y'all?

I can add ASO II/Alpha Mission 2 to my tally (though unlike the others, it was done on AES/NGCD "normal" rather than MVS - I guess it doesn't count?)

merlin
Well done Glowsquid. Even though it was on normal level that's still a good achievement. I haven't put a lot of time into ASO II yet but it seems quite difficult. I think you should try again on MVS level and post your score in the high score thread.

To answer your question I would say for it to count as a 1CC the game should be played on MVS difficulty or above.

Does League Bowling count? LOL

Glowsquid
I can add Aero Fighters 2 to the list (done on MVS mode, this time)! I got the somewhat easier bedsheet ghost final boss instead of the regular one, but he's not a complete pushover and I'm pretty confident I could've beat the regular one since I had two life and a bunch of bombs in reserve, so I don't feel gyped.

I also one-life-cleared the first loop of Last Resort today.

Jump to Forum: