Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: green beret
Thread ID: 4874
Thread Info
There are 62 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9811 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Best CPS Games
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

That's quite an impressive start of a collection!
I also would love to have Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, but it can be quite difficult to find and also pretty expensive.
Someone is looking for me in Japan. It will cost a lot of yen. The same for Punisher.

Why are these games rare? Everybody know them from arcades, they were everywhere...
Edited by green beret on 17. November 2014 16:30

cthulhu
My guess is that they're highly sought after and that they tend to stay in someone's collection for a long time...also, they're extremely popular.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

My guess is that they're highly sought after and that they tend to stay in someone's collection for a long time...also, they're extremely popular.
I think you are right. I wonder if I will find any of them. At the moment I have found a Warriors of Fate. I may buy it

marktheshark
I picked up the 2nd volume of Capcom Classics Collection on PS2 well over a year ago or so. I gotta say, the CPS1 has some really good games on it. I'm planning to pick up the first volume in the near future.

My favorites:

Final Fight
1941: Counter Attack
Magic Sword
King of Dragons
Captain Commando
Varth

I haven't played many CPS2 games. I did like Eco Fighters quite a bit. Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo's difficulty makes the game a nightmare to play. I liked Street Fighter Alpha 3, but I prefer the PSX version over the Arcade original.
www.theotaku.com/guru_results/2613_Wind.jpg

merlin
That's a great start to your collection Green Beret. I'm sure you'll get a lot of enjoyment from those games. Good luck with your search for the other titles on your list.

Good to see you're also a fan of the CP System Mark. Love all the games you mentioned.

green beret
Received today the RGB cable for my Sigma Raijin after 1 month and a half of waiting royal mail and this was the 2nd cable ordered using registered mail this time. First one was lost in transit.

While I was happy about it, screen brightness was so high that had to turn brightness and contrast to zero on my Sony BVM, just to make it look normalHmm

Sensi
cthulhu wrote:

That's quite an impressive start of a collection!
I also would love to have Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, but it can be quite difficult to find and also pretty expensive.

The game is for sale at HK Legend clearance corner: http://www.hklege...show_case=

cthulhu
That and a Punisher...both are rediculously cheap so there must be something "wrong" with them, maybe they're boots?
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

That and a Punisher...both are rediculously cheap so there must be something "wrong" with them, maybe they're boots?
Yes it can't be real. They are probably boots. I didn't even ask them!

Sensi
Well, I ordered one PCB there (3 Wonders) and it was a original one.
It's on sale for some time now, so it's indeed suspicious for a popular game.

green beret
Sensi wrote:

Well, I ordered one PCB there (3 Wonders) and it was a original one.
It's on sale for some time now, so it's indeed suspicious for a popular game.
I contacted them and they are bootlegs.
No interest from me.

neros
I was thinking of getting Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting. The third SF game in the series.

It have no Supers, but that dosen't concern me that much as long as the control is spot on, and I think Capcom perfected it in this game! It's a classic!

What Street Fighter game is your favourite?
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
green beret
neros wrote:

I was thinking of getting Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting. The third SF game in the series.

It have no Supers, but that dosen't concern me that much as long as the control is spot on, and I think Capcom perfected it in this game! It's a classic!

What Street Fighter game is your favourite?
Why this and not Super Street Fighter 2 X?
I want to buy one street fighter game and I am between
Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting
Super Street Fighter 2X
Street Fighter 2 zero alpha
Don't know yet which one. We have to do a little search.

cthulhu
There's one Street Fighter on top of my list and it's Street Fighter II' (SFIICE), after that comes SFZA, SFZ and SFZ3. I'm not really fond of any Turbo games or SSFII to be honest.
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

There's one Street Fighter on top of my list and it's Street Fighter II' (SFIICE), after that comes SFZA, SFZ and SFZ3. I'm not really fond of any Turbo games or SSFII to be honest.
I think you are right! The simpler the better.
For now I will stay on Vampire, X-men CA and Marvel Superheroes (I have just ordered that one).
Beat'em ups are my first priority. I have just received D&D TD and I think Japanese text on power ups is an issue. Haven't played enough to confirm that though.
I also ordered Warriors of Fate CPS 1.5 qsound Japanese too.

neros
Super Street Fighter 2X is maybe the best looking Street Fighter game for me, but before this I would really like some oldschool gaming and Hyper Fighting is maybe just up my alley!
My youtube channel:

https://www.youtu...er/neros77

www.ipaint.dk
green beret
neros wrote:

Super Street Fighter 2X is maybe the best looking Street Fighter game for me, but before this I would really like some oldschool gaming and Hyper Fighting is maybe just up my alley!
I am between these 2 but a little more closer to SS2X due to nostalgia. I had the port for the Megadrive back in the day but there were a lot to be desired in comparison with the arcade!
Alpha series has adapted final fight in it and this is not so original for me.

green beret
Do you guys know if Armored Warriors is a good beat em up? I know capcom is a guarantee but would like to know opinionsWink

merlin
Armored Warriors is very good but not one of my favourites. I just prefer a 'normal' kind of beat 'em up rather than one with mechs. However if you like the idea of that kind of side scroller I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it.

I was just wondering have you ever tried the Denjin Makai games? I'm sure you would love those. There are quite a few characters to choose from and they have lots of different moves. I'd say they are the only other arcade side scrollers which are as good as the Capcom and IGS titles.

http://www.hardco...nmakai.htm

green beret
merlin wrote:

Armored Warriors is very good but not one of my favourites. I just prefer a 'normal' kind of beat 'em up rather than one with mechs. However if you like the idea of that kind of side scroller I'm sure you won't be disappointed with it.

I was just wondering have you ever tried the Denjin Makai games? I'm sure you would love those. There are quite a few characters to choose from and they have lots of different moves. I'd say they are the only other arcade side scrollers which are as good as the Capcom and IGS titles.

http://www.hardco...nmakai.htm
thank you! Will look those Denjin Makai. However I like the mechs idea but can't find a board to buyReal Sad

Jump to Forum: