Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: green beret
Thread ID: 4874
Thread Info
There are 62 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9814 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Best CPS Games
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

green beret wrote:
You are right. The only problem I got is with PCBs without enclosure. I don't like to own them with the guts exposed. Must find a solution or won't buy them.

Just keep them in Static free bubble wrap (the blue or pink kind) and you'll be fine. I wrap my PCBs in the static free bubble wrap they came with and put them in mailing boxes...looks tidy and they're protected against dust and static electricity.
If you play your games using a supergun, just loosely wrap the PCB in the bubble wrap so it can't overheat.

This is how I store my PCBs (the boxes on the left), old picture as I've added quite a few more since then:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/_DSC0285.jpg

For me the best is Cadillacs and dinosaurs and I will buy it for Christmas if I can find it. I love the theme, love the gameplay where you pick up guns and you got instantly the upper hand for a short time. Played it younger at arcades and was my favourite!

Great game, but pretty difficult to find and quite expensive...it also has a suicide battery.
I like your gaming place!
Thanks for the advice about the post boxes, really a good idea.
Edited by green beret on 04. November 2014 12:56

green beret
Marvel super heroes or X men children of the atom?

merlin
I use similar boxes for storing my PCBs and keep each PCB in an anti-static bag and also have bubble wrap in the box. I want to get some custom labels made for the boxes eventually like quite a few people like to do.

Did you manage to get Mame running and try out some of the games yet Green Beret? Unfortunately it's against forum rules for anyone to link to any rom sites here but they're not difficult to find.

I'm always surprised people don't mention Battle Circuit more often. Excellent beat 'em up.

green beret
merlin wrote:

I use similar boxes for storing my PCBs and keep each PCB in an anti-static bag and also have bubble wrap in the box. I want to get some custom labels made for the boxes eventually like quite a few people like to do.

Did you manage to get Mame running and try out some of the games yet Green Beret? Unfortunately it's against forum rules for anyone to link to any rom sites here but they're not difficult to find.

I'm always surprised people don't mention Battle Circuit more often. Excellent beat 'em up.
it is not allowed,yes I thought so later! Sorry for asking for links. I haven't searched yet but I will. For now I have ordered Xmen children of the Atom as I well remember this from the arcades when a friend of mine used to finish it with one credit. He used to smash also Vampire and ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I had never played it myself but remember it was awesome!
I also want to order next Tower of Doom.
What do you think about these 2 games Merlin?

cthulhu
Tower of Doom? Great game, personally I think it's just a little bit better than Shadow over Mystara (only a little bit though). I have both in English and I really love them.
Last week I purchased a new CPS-2 game...Alien vs Predator, it's on its way from Spain now...really can't wait to play that one to death.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Tower of Doom? Great game, personally I think it's just a little bit better than Shadow over Mystara (only a little bit though). I have both in English and I really love them.
Last week I purchased a new CPS-2 game...Alien vs Predator, it's on its way from Spain now...really can't wait to play that one to death.
I wait for it too. It's in customs.
As soon as we receive them, we can change impressions! Great!
After Children of the Atom will be Tower of Doom and Progear.

green beret
Guys which game do you prefer and/or think is better: Knights of Valour 2 nine dragons or Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom?
I have ordered D&D TD and own the PGM game but can't judge it as I still don't have RGB cable. Using composite which looks awful.

merlin
green beret wrote:
it is not allowed,yes I thought so later! Sorry for asking for links. I haven't searched yet but I will. For now I have ordered Xmen children of the Atom as I well remember this from the arcades when a friend of mine used to finish it with one credit. He used to smash also Vampire and ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. I had never played it myself but remember it was awesome!

That's ok. No problem. At some other gaming forums posting rom links is allowed. I'm sure you will find it easy using Mame to try out some CP System I/II games. So many other great arcade games you can play too with Mame that were never released for any home system. Cannon Dancer is a good example.

Both D&D games are excellent. Would be well worth owning both if possible Green Beret. Of the two games I like Mystara more. Gameplay just seems a bit more enjoyable to me and I like the special moves. Mystara has two more character classes to choose from: thief and magic user and they are very fun to play as. There are two versions of each character class too and there are a few differences in the spells of the different clerics and magic users. I have to admit though I've put a lot less time into Tower of Doom and should spend more time with that game.

If you read reviews and other opinions online you'll see that most people prefer SOM over TOD. In the Taito arcade I go to every weekend they have both D&D games in the same arcade cabinet and you can select which game you want to play. Shadow over Mystara is far more popular. The King of Dragons, which I like even more than the D&D games, is also very popular in that arcade. At the weekend there is almost always someone playing it and often someone else standing behind ready to jump on afterwards.

Because I really love Capcom I would choose Tower of Doom over KOV 2 if I had to make a choice.

green beret
merlin wrote:

green beret wrote:

That's ok. No problem. At some other gaming forums posting rom links is allowed. I'm sure you will find it easy using Mame to try out some CP System I/II games. So many other great arcade games you can play too with Mame that were never released for any home system. Cannon Dancer is a good example.

Both D&D games are excellent. Would be well worth owning both if possible Green Beret. Of the two games I like Mystara more. Gameplay just seems a bit more enjoyable to me and I like the special moves. Mystara has two more character classes to choose from: thief and magic user and they are very fun to play as. There are two versions of each character class too and there are a few differences in the spells of the different clerics and magic users. I have to admit though I've put a lot less time into Tower of Doom and should spend more time with that game.

If you read reviews and other opinions online you'll see that most people prefer SOM over TOD. In the Taito arcade I go to every weekend they have both D&D games in the same arcade cabinet and you can select which game you want to play. Shadow over Mystara is far more popular. The King of Dragons, which I like even more than the D&D games, is also very popular in that arcade. At the weekend there is almost always someone playing it and often someone else standing behind ready to jump on afterwards.

Because I really love Capcom I would choose Tower of Doom over KOV 2 if I had to make a choice.
Thank you Merlin for sharing with me so many details! I already have ordered Dungeons and Dragons Tower of Doom (I found it easier) and X men Children of the Atom. Only B boards.
But from day to day I will receive Alien vs Predator A+B boards and Vampire A+B boards.

Is it really needed to have each game with the A board attached?

cthulhu
Nope, I have one Japanese, one European and one Asian A Board and just swap B Boards when I want to play another game of the same region. Actually, I now have two Asian A Boards, but the second one I'm going to try to sell with a Papst fan installed.
My arcade stuff

green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Nope, I have one Japanese, one European and one Asian A Board and just swap B Boards when I want to play another game of the same region. Actually, I now have two Asian A Boards, but the second one I'm going to try to sell with a Papst fan installed.
Cool, tomorrow I will have my first contact with mythical CPS2

green beret
Received Alien vs Predator and Vampire the Night Warriors. After solving a little problem with a light kick button that was messing with the 4th jamma button, I will play and write impressions.

green beret
I couldn't really make MAME work. I downloaded Tower of Doom rom but it was a message saying rom files are missing. Downloaded multiple versions but the message was there.
I already have bought the game and waiting shipping to me.
Do you guys think Warrior of Fate is something special?
Edited by green beret on 12. November 2014 16:05

merlin
Which version of Mame are you using Green Beret? I would like to try to help to possible.

Warriors of Fate is a VERY good game. It's held in high regard by many people.

green beret
merlin wrote:

Which version of Mame are you using Green Beret? I would like to try to help to possible.

Warriors of Fate is a VERY good game. It's held in high regard by many people.

It was version 0155b. The latest from the official site. Roms I tried were very small in size, like 3 mb.

About Warriors of Fate I read some reviews people mostly say that enemy sprites are small, have only three animations when attaking and they are palette swaps. Even bosses say that are palette swaps. They confused me as I had a very nice opinion about this game. I even remembered it from the arcades many many years ago!

merlin
To be able to play the game you need the parent rom which is the one with the largest file size. The smaller sized roms will only work if you also have the parent rom.

I've just sent you a pm.

green beret
merlin wrote:

To be able to play the game you need the parent rom which is the one with the largest file size. The smaller sized roms will only work if you also have the parent rom.

I've just sent you a pm.
I used a CPS emulator and worked. Thing is I already have bought and waiting to come D&D Tower of Doom, so I missed to try this one before buy. Of course I trust you people say this is a great game!
Thanks Merlin.

green beret
D&D tower of doom and X men children of the atom are on the way to me.
Next game in my collection is a fixed with no battery CPS1 qsound of Warriors of FateSmile
Edited by green beret on 14. November 2014 16:29

green beret
Already owning:
Alien vs Predator Japanese
Vampire Japanese
Dungeons & Dragons Tower of Doom Japanese
X men Children of the Atom Japanese
Will buy next:
Warriors of Fate Japanese
Cadillacs & Dinosaurs
The Punisher
Progear
Marvel Super Heroes
Street Fighter Zero 2 Alpha
Dungeons & Dragons shadow of mystara
and maybe:
19XX
Super Street Fighter 2X
Knights of the Round
King of Dragons

cthulhu
That's quite an impressive start of a collection!
I also would love to have Cadillacs & Dinosaurs, but it can be quite difficult to find and also pretty expensive.
My arcade stuff

Jump to Forum: