Username
Password

Remember?
Click here to register.
Forgot Your Password?
Search:
November 25 2017

Navigation
· Home
· Reviews
· Kazuya's Neo Top 10
· In Depth FAQ's
· Downloads
· Web Links
· News Categories
· Image Gallery
· Official Wallpapers
· Fan Made Wallpapers

· NGFL Site Projects

· Neo Geo - The Console
· Neo Geo Pocket Handheld
· Articles

· SNK Jukebox
· NGFL Arcade

· Discussion Forum
· Chatroom
· Latest Comments
· Xbox Live Leaderboard
· NGFL World Map

· Contact Me
· Site FAQ's
· Search Site

· Submit News
· Submit Link
· Submit Article
· Submit a Photo
· Submit Download

Random Review
Agressors Of Dark Kombat

Users Online
· Guests Online: 4

· Members Online: 0

· Total Members: 2,345
· Newest Member: 4d

Last Seen Users
Supergrafx05:12:30
NeoStrayCat06:24:48
Murikov08:04:02
RiKo 2 days
merlin 2 days
dhowerter 2 days
green beret 1 week
cthulhu 1 week
Sensi 2 weeks
rollinsonphilip 2 weeks

Ad

Support Us!
Donate To Us!
Enter an amount to donate:
¤

Why Donate?

Game events
Latest scores
NeoStrayCat
scored 193 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 523 points in
Snow Bowling
Snow Bowling
Henke
scored 172 points in
League Bowling
League Bowling
Henke
scored 28725 points in
Heli Boarding
Heli Boarding

Latest champions
Henke
is the new champion in
Snow Bowling with 523 points
Snow Bowling
Henke
is the new champion in
Heli Boarding with 28725 points
Heli Boarding
Henke
is the new champion in
Donkey Kong with 24900 points
Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter


Thread Author: green beret
Thread ID: 4874
Thread Info
There are 62 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 9903 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Best CPS Games
green beret
What about Alien vs Predator? Which Dungeons n Dragons is better? Does Punisher worth having?
Is Vampire Savior the best of the series?
 
cthulhu
Best Street Fighter game for me is SFZ2A.
Alien vs Predator is an awesome game and definitely one of the best Beat 'em Ups ever. The Punisher is also a great game, but not nearly as good as AvP...also Cadillacs & Dinosaurs is bettre than The Punisher in my opinion.
Can't say what D&D game is the best as I love them both equally...both have their strong points and weaknesses: The first has a better story and better/ more interesting cut scenes, but the second has better graphics, a better control system and a deeper RPG element.
As for the Vampire series, I think Vampire Savior is extremely good, but the original Vampire is the best one for me.
With the CPS Shmups I prefer Great Mahou Daisakusen over GigaWing (still an awesome game though).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Best Street Fighter game for me is SFZ2A.
Alien vs Predator is an awesome game and definitely one of the best Beat 'em Ups ever. The Punisher is also a great game, but not nearly as good as AvP...also Cadillacs & Dinosaurs is bettre than The Punisher in my opinion.
Can't say what D&D game is the best as I love them both equally...both have their strong points and weaknesses: The first has a better story and better/ more interesting cut scenes, but the second has better graphics, a better control system and a deeper RPG element.
As for the Vampire series, I think Vampire Savior is extremely good, but the original Vampire is the best one for me.
With the CPS Shmups I prefer Great Mahou Daisakusen over GigaWing (still an awesome game though).
do you know if Vampire Savior Asian version is censored with green blood in some stages? Googled but can't find anything.
Do you keep your CPS games with the battery?
 
cthulhu
green beret wrote:
do you know if Vampire Savior Asian version is censored with green blood in some stages? Googled but can't find anything.
Do you keep your CPS games with the battery?


Can't help you with the first question as I've got the Japanese version. Maybe you should ask this at Arcade Otaku or play it in an emulator.
As for your second question, yes, I keep them with the suicide batteries installed. I'ts no big deal to desolder them and install a new one every five years. It only takes a couple of minutes for each board. First time I did all my 5 boards together it took about 45 minutes in total and that was also one of the first times I've used my new desoldering station, so I guess next time will be quicker...at least if I don't buy any more CPS-2 games, which is highly unlikely to be honest.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
I think cps2 is madness! Gonna buy Alien vs Predator and Vampire Savior in some hours. These will be my first CPS2 boards.
What batteries do you use? People say Maxwell are the best.
 
cthulhu
I use EVE 3.6 V 1200 mAh 1/2 AA batteries with an axial lead.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

I use EVE 3.6 V 1200 mAh 1/2 AA batteries with an axial lead.
do you have a link to buy some?
 
cthulhu
The brand probably doesn't matter so here are some suppliers of Taridan and EVE batteries:
France: http://www.starca...cts_id=409
USA: http://www.jammab...-batt.html
The Netherlands: https://www.conra...50772.html
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Best Street Fighter game for me is SFZ2A.
Alien vs Predator is an awesome game and definitely one of the best Beat 'em Ups ever. The Punisher is also a great game, but not nearly as good as AvP...also Cadillacs & Dinosaurs is bettre than The Punisher in my opinion.
Can't say what D&D game is the best as I love them both equally...both have their strong points and weaknesses: The first has a better story and better/ more interesting cut scenes, but the second has better graphics, a better control system and a deeper RPG element.
As for the Vampire series, I think Vampire Savior is extremely good, but the original Vampire is the best one for me.
With the CPS Shmups I prefer Great Mahou Daisakusen over GigaWing (still an awesome game though).
I listened to your advice and watched some long plays on YouTube of Vampire and Vampire Savior and I chose the slower paced original one. I like the bosses as bosses and not as selectable characters too.
 
cthulhu
The original also has character specific backgrounds and I'm a sucker for that.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

The original also has character specific backgrounds and I'm a sucker for that.
Yes I noticed every stage belongs to each character. I thougt it was the same with Savior though. Anyway I will buy the Night Warriors. I love Bosses' backgrounds as well.
What about Vampire Savior2 and Vampire Hunter and Hunter 2?
 
cthulhu
Vampire Savior has shared backgrounds, not all characters have their own. Both Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2 are upgrades of Vampire Hunter and Vampire Savior. In both games some characters were replaced and color schemes changed. Also some other changes were made. Here's the Darkstalkers wiki, it has great information on all games: http://darkstalke.../Main_Page
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

Vampire Savior has shared backgrounds, not all characters have their own. Both Vampire Hunter 2 and Vampire Savior 2 are upgrades of Vampire Hunter and Vampire Savior. In both games some characters were replaced and color schemes changed. Also some other changes were made. Here's the Darkstalkers wiki, it has great information on all games: http://darkstalke.../Main_Page
Did a search and found out that best episodes are the first one and the Savior.
What do you personaly prefer: Super Street Figher 2 or SS2T?
 
merlin
Green Beret I was just wondering do you use emulators at all? If you haven't played some of these games before I think it's a good idea to try them out using Mame before you buy the PCBs.

All Capcom arcade beat 'em ups are excellent. I'd say Knights of the Round is the best one. That game and The King of Dragons are my favourites followed by (in no particular order) the D&D games, The Punisher, Cadillacs and Dinosaurs and Warriors of Fate. IMO The Punisher is equally as good as AVP.

The CP System II has some excellent games but I think the CP System has overall an even better library of games. Games like Magic Sword, Three Wonders, Carrier Air Wing, Ghouls 'n Ghosts, Strider etc. would be very nice additions to your collection. One of the great strengths of the CP System are it's platform games which, together with Cannon Dancer, are the best arcade platform games in existence.
 
green beret
I don't use any emulators, I judge by watching YouTube. Vampire is known for me from psp ports and arcades back then. I like AvP concept a lot. I know Cadillacs and Punisher from back in the day. They are really expensive though. I may buy them in the future.
D&D are on the list. I don't know which one first. Then it is X men Children of the Atom, Progear, Super Street Fighter 2
I had to make a start and thought of AvP and Vampire 1 both games with a+b boards.
Carrier Airwing is a nominate and Primal Rage another.
I will check all these you recommend though as I am sure to like them
 
cthulhu
You really should use emulators to be honest, they're really useful. I always try games out in an emulator before spending a lot of money on them, so I can get the feel of the game which is something watching videos can't really do. I play the game in an emulator and watch quite a lot of videos and that'll give me a good indication to wether I think a game is worth buying or not. Also emulation is really useful in finding out the DIP settings for some games or even translate some menu options from Japanese to English.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
green beret
cthulhu wrote:

You really should use emulators to be honest, they're really useful. I always try games out in an emulator before spending a lot of money on them, so I can get the feel of the game which is something watching videos can't really do. I play the game in an emulator and watch quite a lot of videos and that'll give me a good indication to wether I think a game is worth buying or not. Also emulation is really useful in finding out the DIP settings for some games or even translate some menu options from Japanese to English.
please give me a link of a good and working emulator with roms.
Will try to play Knights of the round, king of Dragons and more.
Where do you put your PCBs for storing? Do you buy from somewhere anti static bags? Or you are putting them in carton boxes?
I want to buy Primal Rage pcb and carrier air wing but I worry about how to keep it stored when not playing.
 
LIFE_IN_2D
First game I'd buy is a Jap version of Final Fight.

The mere historic value alone warrants it's purchase. Unfortunately, I've not got the money to start collecting for another system.

Final Fight is where the game changed. It will always be the Alpha when it comes to beat 'em ups.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...
 
green beret
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

First game I'd buy is a Jap version of Final Fight.

The mere historic value alone warrants it's purchase. Unfortunately, I've not got the money to start collecting for another system.

Final Fight is where the game changed. It will always be the Alpha when it comes to beat 'em ups.
You are right. The only problem I got is with PCBs without enclosure. I don't like to own them with the guts exposed. Must find a solution or won't buy them.

For me the best is Cadillacs and dinosaurs and I will buy it for Christmas if I can find it. I love the theme, love the gameplay where you pick up guns and you got instantly the upper hand for a short time. Played it younger at arcades and was my favourite!
 
cthulhu
green beret wrote:
You are right. The only problem I got is with PCBs without enclosure. I don't like to own them with the guts exposed. Must find a solution or won't buy them.


Just keep them in Static free bubble wrap (the blue or pink kind) and you'll be fine. I wrap my PCBs in the static free bubble wrap they came with and put them in mailing boxes...looks tidy and they're protected against dust and static electricity.
If you play your games using a supergun, just loosely wrap the PCB in the bubble wrap so it can't overheat.

This is how I store my PCBs (the boxes on the left), old picture as I've added quite a few more since then:

i21.photobucket.com/albums/b256/rot_in_pieces/_DSC0285.jpg

For me the best is Cadillacs and dinosaurs and I will buy it for Christmas if I can find it. I love the theme, love the gameplay where you pick up guns and you got instantly the upper hand for a short time. Played it younger at arcades and was my favourite!


Great game, but pretty difficult to find and quite expensive...it also has a suicide battery.
Edited by cthulhu on 04. November 2014 11:40
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"
 
Jump to Forum:

  Similar Threads
Thread Forum Replies Last Post
Arcade games collection Non SNK Console/PC Gaming Discussion 144 02. November 2017 17:05
Neo-Geo Games That Should Have Been An Anime Series/Movie Anime Discussion 16 04. July 2017 17:40
What are 10 of your most favorite NeoGeo Pocket games? Neo Geo & General SNK Talk 5 26. June 2017 09:55
Homebrew Games Thread Non SNK Console/PC Gaming Discussion 4 05. May 2017 20:19
The PGM System & Games Non SNK Console/PC Gaming Discussion 303 02. November 2016 14:22