Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: kakutou-meijin
Thread ID: 4850
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3697 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Combining the Facebook group and the forum
kakutou-meijin
Hi there,

I realized that it's really quiet in forum, but on the other hand the facebook group is very active.
So I wonder why you don't combine forum posts with the facebook group?

I don't know who is the facebook group administrator, but it would help the forum, if you post some links to some forum topics into the group. Or link some reviews, faqs etc. in certain intervals, so that the people won't forget that there is still a froum behind the facebook group.

LIFE_IN_2D
I dunno dude...

Let's just say that our site admin here is gone 80% of the time and the rest of the time they are very lazy.

Especially Priest. Pfft
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
When the game of the week feature starts again maybe it would be worth mentioning that on the Facebook page as well as the high score challenges. Hopefully at some point some new reviews will be added here and that would be worth mentioning too.

Kaz (Stuart) and Shiny (Sean) are the facebook group admins.

I did try to remind people on the facebook page about the forum a few times in the past and also posted about the weekly chat meets. I got the feeling though that people there are not all that interested since it's so quiet here and they seem to prefer discussing things on Facebook rather than a traditional style forum.

kakutou-meijin
I agree that nowadays people tend more to discuss things on Facebook than on a forum. It is maybe just to easy to use, but also a forum has its advantages. It looks more organized, older post can be easily found and so on.
But on the other hand I wonder why ng.com is still quite active and not ngfl?
It seems that there are many ng.com members using NGFL facebook group and there are more ng.com related topics than topics related to ngfl. Normally I should be the other way around I suppose.

Also I think it would be helpful if the forum gets "advertised" in the group again. And it would be very good, if people gets motivated to write reviews / guides (hardware etc.), post something in the forum or just introduce themselves here Smile

priest
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:Let's just say that our site admin here is gone 80% of the time and the rest of the time they are very lazy.

Especially Priest. Pfft

2D: You really do like to pick fights with the admins, dont you???

...Note to self...'Mistakenly' delete LIFE_IN_2Ds NGFL account...Whenever Im not just being plain lazy AnnoyGrinWink
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
merlin
I think your suggestion is a good one kakutou-meijin. We should try to advertise the forum on the facebook page sometimes. Like you say neo-geo.com is still very busy so the problem is more about people being put off by how quiet it is here.

Would be great if more reviews were added and that could potentially get more more people interested in the site.

kakutou-meijin
merlin wrote:
We should try to advertise the forum on the facebook page sometimes.

Sounds like a plan Thumbs Up

Maybe continuing with discussions about the game of the week/month or even bumping the old game of the week threads and link them to the facebook group could be interesting.
I don't know, but imo talking about a certain game is always fun.

Also I think it would be recommendable to focus a bit on newer members. I guess some of them have a hard time on ng.com or want to join a Europe based forum, which NGFL is more or less. Also NGFL's not restrictive sales thread is also attractive to get new members.
If this could be also advertised in the FB group, who knows, maybe it helps Smile

merlin
Good ideas Meijin. I remember a few other members were also suggesting reviving old game of the week threads. Murikov, who writes the GOTW threads, has been away traveling for 6 months but should be back home now so hopefully will continue with it. As for new members I think it's definitely a good thing if people welcome them in their intro threads and take an interest in them.

Kazuya_UK
Digging up an old thread. I wonder, if I was to add functionality that lets facebook users easily register on the site, I wonder if it would help persuade people to come here also? Sometimes people don't like having to log in to lots of different accounts, so if people access the site using their facebook account in some way it might help?

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Glowsquid
Go for it.

merlin
Sounds like a good idea to me. Definitely worth a try.

Jump to Forum: