Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: DarakuTenshi
Thread ID: 4848
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1786 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I appreciate this community
DarakuTenshi
I just wanted to let all of you know how much I appreciate this community! As you have seen by some of my recent posts I have been getting into TG16 ... like a lot! I have become more active at the PCEngineFX forums and that place just sucks. There are so many people there who act like complete butt wipes.

Sure there are some disagreements here, but that common thread (Neo-Geo ... or even video games in general) keep all of us together. I just wanted to let you guys know how great it is to be involved in an online community with such wonderful people.

reelmojo
Yeah this place really is an anomaly. Dip your toes into neo-geo.com's forums and you'll see that the love of SNK isn't what makes people nice either. I think a lot of us here are just so good at dealing with assholes that when they show up they're completely ineffective and they just leave. Sure that means we're a smaller community, but quality over quantity.

merlin
Glad you decided to join and become an active member Daraku. I also really enjoy being part of this little community. It definitely seems like NGFL has been getting a lot quieter in recent times though. We could really do with some new active members who stay in the long term.

LIFE_IN_2D
I am very glad that you decided to make this thread DK, as I am sure that most (prolly all) of NGFL memebers would say the same about the site.

It's good to have good newer members like yourself, Chiba (hope he's ok these days) and CQ. It's nice to see a new thread pop up in the news section.

Have to agree with Merlin though, this place can be quite dead sometimes. Luckily we have almost weekly chat meets on Sunday. I extend the invitation to those that don't usually attend, it's nice way to talk to others about games and get a sense of who members of this community are ; outside of their nerdy gaming sides.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

The eccentric cat
Yeah, hehe, this place is pretty special. We're all busy with real life and things like that, yet we always find time to go back here, that says a lot about this community, we're a very tight and awesome family.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

cthulhu
Yeah this is a really nice forum with generally laid back people. We don't have fights like at Neo Geo.com (awful place full of trolls and drama queens). I do not post as much here as I used to, but I still frequent the site as a semi lurker...I'm more active on a Dutch arcade forum. I do think it's a shame some of the older members just vanished in thin air. Still, those people that stuck around make this nice community that it still is today.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

RiKo
Great post Darakau. Yes I wish this forum was more active but there are a great bunch of people here. I think Neo Geo.com can be quite interesting but find the 'pretending to be a bad ass' thing that goes through the whole-site tiresome now.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Master Tasuke
i too appreciate the level headed peaceable nature of these forums, especially after my pair of depressing attempts to settle in at NG.COM,
and my recent VERY BRIEF and VERY FINAL failed attempt to join NINTENDO AGE.

i should really try to be a part around here more, participate in the sunday sessions and such. we''l see if i can manage to make the time...
i291.photobucket.com/albums/ll310/shaorin-chan/Avatars%20-%20Signatures/MikuruS25-24-142425_zps1ffc1247.png

https://www.facebook.com/tasuke.shichiri.1
LIFE_IN_2D
Yeah, MT, you're welcome in chat whenever. Lately people haven't been showing up though. It's really sad to see that even chat attendance is waning.

Consider this site a sort of City of Refuge, for all your failed exploits at other sites. This site has mods that won't tolerate excessive flaming, and I doubt anybody from N-G.com would bother and harass you here.

In all honesty, this site is so dead that all new thread are welcome, even strange Doll threads.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: