Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: kakutou-meijin
Thread ID: 4842
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2178 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello mates
kakutou-meijin
Hello mates Smile

I'm from Germany, started with neo geo around 94 with a NGCD. This was, ecxept of some Mega Drive, SNES version of NG games, my first true experience of owning something Neo Geo related.
I had a lot of fun with my NGCD, especially because of the crappy first generation of 3D games. It was so good to have a NGCD at that time.

In 1999 I bought incredibly cheap a NG AES set with some games and started collecting AES games from 99-2001. I collected in that time roughly 25 games.

From 2002/03 onwards I went to the university and could not afford collecting NG anymore (with some exceptions).

In 2011 I became an arcade otaku ^^ and bought a lot of pcbs, started with MVS and bought some cabs (Sega Aero City, Capcom Impress, Sega Blast City, which I traded into a Taito Vewlix).

Thanks to MVS I'm back in the Neo Geo business again. Recenty I re-started to collect Neo Geo stuff again. Mostly AES games I'm still missing in my collection.

Atm. I have about 42 AES games, 18 MVS kits, some loose MVS carts and about 20 NGCDs. Plus a lot other NG games for other consoles and merchandise.

I'm also a member of the NGFL facebook group, which is really nice. So I decided to join this forum as well.

My favorite genre is fighting games. I'm also a member of some fighting game communities and like to play those games also on a competetive level, but it's not a must Wink
Also I really like brawlers. The NG sadly has not the best ones, but for these games I love my CPS Smile
Sometimes I also like shmups.

That's from my side.
See you soon in the forum Smile

RiKo
Welcome to the forum Kakutou Thumbs Up I'm always impressed when someone had a Neo Geo at the time. What games do you think you will be looking to get next?
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
kakutou-meijin
Oh my first reply and thanks for the welcome Smile

Yeah that time was wonderful. Still own a lot from this time.
Sadly I sold my toploader NGCD, but luckily to a friend of mine who will sell it back to me the next months (still has the original invoice in it). Memories :$

My next games are already on its way.
Last Resort (Jap, AES) and SSzeroSP (Jap, fixed). The last one was a trade.
Also a NGPC. I own a black and white NGP with two games, but never really go into NGP. With that NGPC I want to catch up some games.

Not so important for NGFL, but I will also get Zelda Musou (Hyrule Warriors). I hope it will be awesome.

What are you going to get next?

priest
kakutou-meijin: Hi and welcome to NGFL. I really enjoyed reading your first post here Thumbs Up
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
kakutou-meijin
Thanks, buddy Smile

RiKo
Good to have you onboard. Sadly never played SSZero but LastResort is a great game. There is a collection page here somewhere if you want to post your collection sometime. Priest always knows the link *hint to Priest*

Kakutou wrote :- What are you going to get next?

I really want to get Zed Blade next or maybe NGDevteam's future Shock Troopers style game.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
kakutou-meijin
I will do post my collection. Just waiting for that SSzeroSP to arrive. And I also have to clean up before I do any photos ^^
Yesterday I got Last Resort Grin Together with Viewpoint one of the two must haves in my shmup collection. Put that also in the gallery.

Yes, NGdev will do 2 games, which aren't shmups. Indeed a Shock Troopersish game would nice. I also would love to see a good brawler.
I don't think they are able to make a vs fighting game, but let's see what will happen Wink

merlin
Hi kakutou-meijin. Welcome to NGFL. I am also a member at Arcade Otaku and remember you from there.

You have an impressive collection of games and cabs. I also have a Sega Aero City. They are very nice looking cabs aren't they.

Yes unfortunately the Neo Geo is not that great for beat 'em ups (apart from Sengoku 3). I noticed recently on Facebook NG Dev Team said they are thinking about possibly making one.

It certainly is a lot quieter here than on the NGFL Facebook page. People introduce themselves here and then never post again! Hope you decide to stick around.

kakutou-meijin
Hi Merlin and thanks for the welcome.

Indeed Aeros are really nice cabs. I like those little tanks a lot. The only bad thing is the width coil to adjust h.size, but I use mine only for MVS/CPS, so mostly I don't have to do adjustments Grin

Yes, Sengoku 3 is the best on the Neo Geo, maybe also one of the best beat'em ups ever (great combo engine), but I also would love to see a new beat'em up for the Neo Geo. Hopefully they will do one.

And cheers for the collection compliment. I think compared to the collections of the other guys at AO, it's not that impressive Wink But thanks Thumbs Up

Also no worries, I will stick around.
Of course I use the FB group, but a forum is also a must (and ng.com wasn't my thing...)

cthulhu
Welcome! I know you from AO although I'm not extremely active over there (not nearly as active here as I used to be as well)...I think I once bought Asura Blade from you. Enjoy the stay here (by the way, I'm Necro Cannibal at the NGFL Facebook group).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

kakutou-meijin
Thanks mate. Of course I can remember you and I hope you have still fun with Asura Blade. I still like Blade and Buster a lot Headbang

cthulhu
kakutou-meijin wrote:

Thanks mate. Of course I can remember you and I hope you have still fun with Asura Blade. I still like Blade and Buster a lot Headbang

They're both great games and I love them both equally. I've now got a spare one of Asura Blade as I got it free when I bought Asura Buster.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

LIFE_IN_2D
Damn, I am very jealous of the fact that you have a JAP Last Resort on the way. I love that game, but it eludes me all the time.

Also, if you're getting into the NGPC I highly recommend Beast Busters: Dark Arms. Very awesome little game.

Hope you stick around and are fairly active!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

kakutou-meijin
Thanks for the welcome.
Actually I already received my Last Resort.
I post a pic in the new Neo Geo game thread Wink

Along with Viepoint, Last Resort is a must have for me. I don't need Blazing Star or Pulstar that much, but those two are important. Sadly I still miss Viewpoint in my collection. Can't find a copy for an acceptable price atm.

I will definitely check out Dark Arms Wink

Jump to Forum: