Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: merlin
Thread ID: 4820
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Razion - New NG Dev Team shooter
vas
Cthulhu I know u like to collect your arcade games , for me these are as good as unlisensed/bootlegs and will never be considered a part of the neogeo games catalog. They would be nice additions to compliment the neo but I would never pay more than the price of a normal retail games these days 39-49.

the more I watch the videos the more personally noticed things I do no like colour palette is horrid and that terminator boss common man you can't just steal the terminator and put it in your game. whats the next boss the Death Star or Godzilla? And another horizontal shooter for the neo? make it vertical at least that would be a selling point.

I would buy a dc version as its worth a punt , I try not to slam things before I play it but gut feelings is its too expensive for what it is..

cthulhu
You know, to be honest, I'm getting less and less excited about this game the more I think about it. It really expensive for something that can maybe still be considered a homebrew. Also Vas, you have a point with the color pallet and that Terminator mid Boss. I'll see when I get the funds, if I'll go for this one or the usual addition to my Cave collection...
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

vas
I wouldn't like to discourage you from a purchase, or take some cash out of a developers pocket. How I see it neogeo is a niche platform really and people who do enjoy them are ether fanatical because there real gamers, or you have the nut jobs who spend thousands on carts and protos and treats them like bling that then bump the price up because if one person sets a president and sell a kart for a lot more than there real value everyone else then thinks there carts are worth xxxx amount.

Now Ngdev has filled a gap and brought new content to the neo no doubt about it but I think they targeted the neo because they could make xxx amount more on this platform but like you said essentially is a home brew and if you wanted to complete your neogeo collection this game wouldn't be needed. Now if ngdev was a retro developer as in making games for snes nes megadrive etc i feel more comfortable with there price.

Don't get me wrong i got sucked up into the hype when last hope go released and decided to go for dc version then buy the neo version but well , like most reviewers I didn't think much of it and didn't bother.

Most of the problems I talk about ain't really ngdev fault its our fault as fans of the system that we crave more neo games and they are providing a service they are a legitimate developer but not a great one , I do wish them well but I hope they look at there product and produce something polished this time , even if you have to delay release make something that would challenge metal slug as the neos king.

But Cthulhu if I was considering dropping that on a kart I personally think what else I could get for that.. And if you have a vert cab like you have do you really want another horizontal shooter as you suggested a cave game that's what I would do and you know you make your cash back off a cave pcb even if you had it for 10 years but would you with a unlicensed home brew game that will no doubt be bootlegged or put on a device like a ever drive in the future that devalues your legit copy I ain't a gambling man but odds ain't in the favour of these type of releases .

Sorry for rambling on

cthulhu
No problem! I'm not really being discouraged by you, I've just realised that R-Type kind of shmups aren't really my cup of tea (except for R-Type itself...that game's still awesome). I'm more into Bullet Hell shmups like the ones by Cave and the last time I played Pulstar, I grew bored pretty quickly...I'm afraid that'll also happen with Razion, so it'll be a pretty expensive sedative. If I wanted to buy another horizontal shmup I'd go for Akai Katana.
Not only that, but I don't do pre-orders, I just don't want to spend money on a game I've never played before and in this case when there's only a work in progress video.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

vas
I started quite excited about it but now I am sitting on the fence now, maybe we all just getting older and wiser with our cash, see what they do in the coming months I think.

merlin
Ninja I can understand where you're coming from. If the game is similar to Dux and you already have that it's understandable you might not feel like paying a large amount for Razion. Personally I didn't pay any attention to Dux since it isn't a Neo Geo game and can only judge Razion on it's own merits. Surely though there must be a significant amount of differences between this game and Dux e.g. bosses, level designs, possibly scoring system?

Unlike some other people in this thread I don't have any issues with the colour palette and think the game looks very nice graphically. I very much enjoyed NG Dev team's previous games and put many hours into Last Hope NGCD. Last Hope's graphics although good were obviously inferior to their newer games since they are more experienced now and have graphic artists working for them. I was always hoping they would bring out a new horizontal shooter so I'm really looking forward to playing this.

Although their games are unlicensed, NG Dev Team are a professional game development company so I don't think of their games as being 'homebrew'. I think they got into developing for the system because they love Neo Geo themselves. I seem to remember they said at neo-geo.com about not making all that much profit from AES/MVS games and that they made most of their money from the DC ports.

Although the price for Razion (399+ Euros) is a lot of money for most people, me included, I don't think it's in any way unfair considering the amount of time they put into developing these games and all the costs involved.

Obviously you could buy other arcade games which are better for a significantly cheaper price such as Carrier Air Wing but it's understandable that hardcore Neo Geo fans love to buy and play new good quality games for/on that system.

shion
I imagine they will come out with, at most, one more run 'n' gun. Being that spaceship shooters are their specialty, I would expect those to be the definite offerings from now on.

I am watching this development with mild interest. (Got my hands full with Neo XYX atm)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
merlin
Interesting to read that, after Razion, their next two games won't be shooters. Yes I'm also expecting one of those to be a run 'n gun and it's quite likely that will have the two player mode they talked about. I wonder what the other game will be. I would love to see a Gamshara style game from them.

NG Dev Team mentioned on Facebook that they are adding a third gameplay mode and an extra character to Razion.

RiKo
Merlin wrote :- Although their games are unlicensed, NG Dev Team are a professional game development company so I don't think of their games as being 'homebrew'.

I agree with that +surely Fast Striker is the best vertically scrolling schmup on the system? from a technical point-of-view it's heads and shoulders above anything else too.

I will say though I do get the feeling with their last 2 releases that they are milking their schmup engine a bit. To my eyes both have close similarites to F Striker.

I'm waiting until their run and gun unless Raizon *really* looks amazing when its released.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
I preferred XYX over Fast Striker myself RiKo partly because of the graphical style. I need to spend more time with Fast Striker though since I've only played it a few times.

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:

Ninja I can understand where you're coming from. If the game is similar to Dux and you already have that it's understandable you might not feel like paying a large amount for Razion. Personally I didn't pay any attention to Dux since it isn't a Neo Geo game and can only judge Razion on it's own merits. Surely though there must be a significant amount of differences between this game and Dux e.g. bosses, level designs, possibly scoring system?

Seriously, it's BEYOND similar to Dux. Watch some videos of Dux, Dux 1.5 & ReDux and you'll "see" exactly where I'm coming from.

I'm really quite shocked, in general, at how many members of the NeoGeo community have seemingly NEVER played Dux at all, considering the work the brothers @NGDEV do for the NeoGeo.

It fucking boggles my mind! Hmm

I cannot be the ONLY person to turn around and notice all the obvious similarities, surely?

It grates, seeing as everyone was so hyper-critical of the work Rene did with Dux (which I thought, aside the lousy player craft design, was pretty damn good) but are happy to jump on the Razion bandwagon. It feels hypocritical.

On the flip side though, I truly hope that, moving forward, Razion is every bit a better game than it's predecessors and finally delivers on the potential shown in Dux and ReDux...
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
Here's a new video showing the first three stages. Looks very good.

YouTube Video

Sensi
A couple of days ago the game has been delivered at my local post office.
I will pick it up tomorrow and test it upcoming weekend.

chacha
Hello guys.

I received RAZION a few days ago !

image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/51/1418823706-razion-1.jpg

image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/51/1418823707-razion-3.jpg

image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2014/51/1418823708-razion-2.jpg

Here is my first play with it :

YouTube Video

It's a VERY VERY VERY GOOD game :

- controls are good
- graphisms are good
- musics are good
- difficulty is high

All is in for a very good game.

I play only with 1 credit, i want to finish this game with only 1cc, the life of the game is more longer in this case.

In this game, bonus are very important :

the bonus-rate increase with collecting them; in the end of first stage, the value of the boss is 1000 points, but if the bonus-rate is about 3000, when you kill the boss, 3 000 000 points are collected !!!

So the target is to increase the bonus-rate during the stage; my max for 1st stage is about 4200 !! ==> 4 200 000 points for the first boss ^^!

The bean is cool too : you can save your life with it, and/or increase the bonus-rate with the color of thses bonus !

But against the bosses, if you do 3 bean, the bonus-rate reduce.

This is what i know about RAZION for the moment.

VERY VERY GOOD GAME, the best of NG-DEVTEAM for me.

cypher
he looks like very cool,iam pressed to play with mine in april 2015,may be!

chacha
received ?

cypher
img11.hostingpics.net/pics/974675DSCF07921.jpg

Headbang

RiKo
I wish I had got Raizon instead of holding out for NGDevTeam's run 'n' gun game. I think Raizon looks pretty good Thumbs Up Do you think they will do a reprint?

cypher
hi
Sorry but they says: no reprint and they don't put it on other supports!

I am desapointed about it:
the ship is too slow
the missiles are too big, almost so big as the ship!
i don't like the bullets pink, yellow, green etc...
sometimes, there are objects in first plan which genent

RiKo
Sorry to hear that Cypher, sounds like it depends on your taste. Chacha really liked it. I guess the slow ship is part of the game mechanic - it does look slow in that vid but maye you can weave in and out of bullets easier and also I noticed him using the big beam to destroy bullets.

I'm not sure if I would like it without playing it. But sell your Raizon to me? Smile

Shame there can't be a demo first level released somewhere - but i suppose NGDevteam will always sell out of these games first - they don't need to make demos. I noticed Kraut Buster had sold out crazy fast!

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/Krautb_zpso5ut0c77.png

Jump to Forum: