Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: vas
Thread ID: 4818
Thread Info
There are 9 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3561 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Cmvs with a twist
vas
Pictures say it all really I made this mock up , and would like a few opinions if it be a fail or win.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v336/vasiliflame/imagejpg1_zpsef28a5eb.jpg

NeoStrayCat
Hey, I've seen pics of customized "superguns" or consolized arcade systems, so yeah, its OK, I guess.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
vas
Ah ok , I don't want to ruin it and be shunned by the neo community the plastics in fairness is quite scratched anyway.

I was thinking of filling and fixing the case graft the screen on the back. But the screen is only for artwork mini marquee's character moves think of it like a digital instruction manual . You could add video I suppose too for the moves. It would be blended in like it was meant to be there, and use remote control to change art.

It Will have stereo mod of course and rgb out , and the ports .

Only question is black with blue snk logo or gold.

LIFE_IN_2D
Not to be a "tosser", but I don't really see the appeal of something like this. The LCD screen would prolly cost just as much as the bare-bones-looing CMVS itself. The CMVS would have to be very good looking for the LCD screen to blend in, then we are talking serious money. At a high price, most people couldn't be arsed.

Hope this helps.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoGeoNinja
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

Not to be a "tosser", but I don't really see the appeal of something like this. The LCD screen would prolly cost just as much as the bare-bones-looing CMVS itself. The CMVS would have to be very good looking for the LCD screen to blend in, then we are talking serious money. At a high price, most people couldn't be arsed.

Hope this helps.

It doesn't help. It isn't an LCD screen. Just looks like one. It's just a moulding designed to hold move sheets or basic gameplay sheets, per game.

Having said that, although I applaud your innovative streak here Vas, I think it's a bit fruitless. You really won't be able to fit a great deal of info in that window.

A pointless venture I think dude...
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
NeoGeoNinja wrote:

It doesn't help. It isn't an LCD screen. Just looks like one. It's just a moulding designed to hold move sheets or basic gameplay sheets, per game.

hugelolcdn.com/i700/258076.jpg

-------------

In all seriousness though, if this wasn't meant to be an LCD screen why did Vas mention adding video?

vas wrote:

...think of it like a digital instruction manual . You could add video I suppose too for the moves.

i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

vas
Yeah , it would be a LCD screen like 2d said. It will cost around 30 pound to mod with filler paint etc and screen . I already own a mvs so no cost there still just running jamma ATM... I been meaning to cmvs it since I had it. But I think I will go balls out and just go for it. He who dares rodders he who dares

P.s iam UK so I can just rgb it and not mess with any of that NTSC bollocks so cost is minimal

merlin
Although I prefer CMVSs which are enclosed I do quite like your design Vas. Definitely an original idea. Never seen one like that before. Good luck with your project.

vas
Thanks bud, in all honestly its low on my priority list got a few projects on the bench , I can't say 100% I am going to do this anytime soon, just a idea I been playing with, I also wouldn't have it open like the picture I just grabbed a image off google just to represent the the motherboard.

I still have a few projects to finish too
1. Headphone amp using a sega menacer receiver (on hold awaiting parts)
2. Scart to vga cable (on hold as I can't find my solder)
3. RadioGram conversion to Media Gram. Gut internals either replace or repurpose valve amplifier, add High end component alpine speakers, install the a pc in there and mount a monitor in the pop up lid ( I have all parts just no time)
4. Decorate and install more power outlets in the game room.

there just my projects lol I still have to rip into every room of the house too kitchen bathroom livingroom etc house is in great shape but too much cream and magnolia Cool too bland

Jump to Forum: