Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: LIFE_IN_2D
Thread ID: 4798
Thread Info
There are 19 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5003 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Why Merlin is mad at me...
LIFE_IN_2D
To those wondering why Merlin locks me out of my account...

Merlin harbors much residual hate for me, stemming from old 4P Kaillera plays of Metamorphic Force.

For those that don't know... Kaillera is a program that enables MAME users to play multiplayer games over the interwebs. At one time, NGFL had a few members who would play on kaillera on a weekly basis.

Now, this Kaillera group often played Komai's "Metamorphic Force". Basically, Merlin was the slow on the "character select" screen and always ended up being the pot-bellied bear. Nobody wants to be the pot-bellied bear, he is a horrible character.

img.gamefaqs.net/screens/5/c/d/gfs_31617_2_34.jpg

For those not familiar with the game. The bear can be seen in the upper-middle of the screen-shot, choking the pink lizard (no pun intended).

Apparently, Merlin was emotionally scarred that he had to play as the bear countless times.

Unfortunately, I am the only active NGFL member left, of that Kaillera group. Merlin just chose to focus that hate on me, as I am an easy target.

Merlin's hate for me was further rekindled after a very nasty verbal tussling that happened a few weeks ago in chat. Merlin made SGFX cry and vow to never show up to NGFL chat again. I called Merlin a "bully", and he said he would " ..show me a true bully" .

Anyways, if this mod abuse goes on any longer... I will have to leave NGFL. I've been a member here for a few years... it'll be a shame to leave.

Unfortunately, I have no recourse .

Hope this clears things up.
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 27. April 2014 22:36
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoStrayCat
C'mon, can't you guys just get along...>_>
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
Baseball Star
Is this post serious lol? It is a forum and we are all adults for the most part. Chances are one day you guys will do business or trade or have a game the other needs etc. Its not worth having cyber enemies.

STE C
Is this some sort of weird late April fools type prank. I find it very unlikely that anyone could make SGFX cry he is a man of mature years like myself as is Merlin. I have been meaning to get into the chat again on Sundays as I wanted to catch up with you guys. Bit daft falling out over a game if that's the case.

reelmojo
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
Merlin's hate for me was further rekindled after a very nasty verbal tussling that happened a few weeks ago in chat. Merlin made SGFX cry and vow to never show up to NGFL chat again. I called Merlin a "bully", and he said he would " ..show me a true bully" .

I laughed so freaking hard at this. Bravo.

For those who don't get the joke, Merlin is like the nicest guy on the internet. Calling Merlin and bully is like calling Santa Claus a bully.

...although Merlin literally gave me a NeoGeo AES for free once which actually makes him better than Santa Claus.

RiKo
LOL

Mojo wrote:- Merlin is like the nicest guy on the internet. Calling Merlin and bully is like calling Santa Claus a bully.

That's true , although on his spam account and his troll accounts it's a different story. Merlin must be stopped! before his egotistical rampage brings down NG4L for good.

Anyone remember that photo in Japan where he forced all those monkeys to pose with him? Well - those weren't monkeys but 28 Japanese War Veterans on coach trip who he forced to dress and act like monkeys...
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
cthulhu
The bastard! He's got to be stopped!
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

LIFE_IN_2D
Oh, so I am in mental and emotional anguish and all I get are JOKES?!

HUH?!?!

Merlin's cruelty is obviously contagious.

HE MUST BE STOPPED!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

The eccentric cat
Hi guys! Its been a long----

*notices the ongoing bloodshed between 2D and Merlin*

*slowly shuts the door*

.... Clearly I have been away for too long.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

cthulhu
The battle rages on...
My arcade stuff

The eccentric cat
A true champion must rise.
Without love, the truth cannot be seen.

NeoGeoNinja
Not a match... Struggle!
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

merlin
Very funny thread which made me laugh a lot! LOLLOL

Don't worry I haven't been abusing my admin powers and promise I don't have any sinister plans so I don't need to be stopped!

It is true however that I was repeatedly forced to play as the pot-bellied bear in Metamorphic Force and cruelly mocked by Life_IN_2D while we were playing. He said I actually look like that bear in real life!

reelmojo wrote:

For those who don't get the joke, Merlin is like the nicest guy on the internet. Calling Merlin and bully is like calling Santa Claus a bully.

...although Merlin literally gave me a NeoGeo AES for free once which actually makes him better than Santa Claus.

Thanks Reelmojo! I felt bad that you must have been excited about owning an AES system, had to wait 2 months for it to be delivered and then couldn't use it because it was PAL system not a US system as I had mistakenly said. Hope you have been able to play on it since then.

RiKo wrote:
egotistical rampage

LOL

cthulhu
LIES I tell you! All LIES!!!
My arcade stuff

merlin
LOL

NeoStrayCat
Oh, merlin, lol. XD
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
DarakuTenshi
Potbellied bear? I always assumed you were a hot Japanese chick for some reason???

merlin
DarakuTenshi wrote:

Potbellied bear? I always assumed you were a hot Japanese chick for some reason???

It did actually happen twice that someone here thought I was a girl because of my avatar! Grin

By the way there was another sighting of a wild Daraku a few weeks ago. I found the game in the Taito Hey arcade but unfortunately it was only there for a few days after which they replaced it with Dan Ku Ga.

DarakuTenshi
Man, I would have to crap a load ticks (yes ticks... because bricks is over used) if I ever saw one in the wild.

Jump to Forum: