Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: chacha
Thread ID: 4748
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3100 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hello
chacha
Hello guys and girls.

I'm chacha.

french.

42 years old.

In the world of games since 9 years old.

After many many games played, i returned 3 years ago to the basics games (real games for me) : the arcade games (mvs, pcb...).

Actually, i play almost only one game, the first game i had on NEOGEO = VIEWPOINT Joe !

Have a nice day.

LIFE_IN_2D
Welcome. Viewpoint is an awesome game, awesome but freaking hard.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

chacha
Thank you.

Haaaaa, Viewpoint is a very hard game, but very interesting :

You can read the game in 5 ways :

- 1cc (difficult)
- 1LIFE (very difficult)
- 1LIFE with all stars (23) and lives bonus (3)
- 1cc with leeching boss 6
- 1cc with leeching boss 6 + nazobugs (ultra hard difficulty)

My last score was made with only 5,5 lives and only 3 nazobugs.

You can have 8 lives in the game (3 + 2 with score + 3 bonus).

You play the game too ?

LIFE_IN_2D
No no, Chacha I have a friend who is very good at the game. Watching him play such a hard game, and do very well at it is very entertaining. I've tried many times to get good at this game, but... no dice. I am still able to appreciate it for what it is though, a very well done shooter.

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
Hi Chacha. Welcome to NGFL! It sure is quiet here at the moment so always nice to see new people joining.

Nice score in the Viewpoint high score challenge by the way! It was about time that someone beat me! I really like Viewpoint but haven't put much time into the game so am not very good.

Hope you decide to stick around.

RiKo
It is a great score and not meaning to be unfriendly but I'm not happy about people just joining the forum to post high scores. I think the whole point of the High Score Challenge should be for the community here to compete against each other, and to have some friendly competition.

There's loads of people on the net and at Neo Geo.com for example who could beat our high scores and if they all entered (and left the forum, like many seem to do) it would just be a load of strangers in the high score tables with no incentive for anyone actually on the forum to play. That's my opinion anyway, let's see what other people think.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
DarakuTenshi
I have never played viewpoint. It always reminded me of Zaxxon which I was not a fan of... I'll have to try it out some day. Welcome to the forums glad to have ya here.

merlin
RiKo you do have a point. It does happen sometimes that someone posts a very high score and then vanishes without trace. I like to think though that maybe there's a chance someone joining to take part in a HSC might decide to stick around especially if they created an intro thread.

If someone is a hardcore expert in a particular game and wants to compete against other players MARP or Twin Galaxies might be a better option.

I'm sure you'll enjoy it Daraku. Just be ready for a tough challenge!

lee gray
Hello there

RiKo
Merlin wrote:- RiKo you do have a point. It does happen sometimes that someone posts a very high score and then vanishes without trace. I like to think though that maybe there's a chance someone joining to take part in a HSC might decide to stick around especially if they created an intro thread.

Thing is once they post their score and they've been congratulated, their whole incentive for joining has gone. I think there should be a rule like you need to have been here a set time or have a certain number of posts before you can post a score.. Even if they are posting then for artifical reasons they might make some friends as side-effect of posting or find they actually enjoy discussing topics and then have a reason to stick around.

I think in the long run it hurts the HSC and the forum as a result. People are going to look at that score and think 'I'm not going to bother'. Personally I think that score is genuine but what's to stop someone we don't know posting a fake score? At least the people here we have a pretty good idea of who is trustworthy. (no offence Stray!) Smile

LIFE_IN_2D
I agree with Riko, people who are noobies shouldn't be able to join in on HSC, due to reasons we all know.

Also, I think Merlin should be banned from all future HSCs, like Riko suggested... wait a minute that's MY suggestion. Hehehe, sorreh.

Either way,ban that Chode! Pfft

BobJoe

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

merlin
Despite what I wrote before it is true that almost everyone who joined the forum to beat one of our scores did vanish quite quickly so I can see that it makes sense what you're saying RiKo. Requiring people entering to have been a member for a certain amount of time and have a minimum number of posts seems like a good idea.

Ban me from taking part 2D?!?!? How dare you suggest such a thing chode! Grin

I wonder what priest and other people have to say about it.

priest
What you guys say makes sense, for once (Pfft ). Perhaps we should tweak the rules of our HSC? Not that its the most active forum of NGFL, but still...

Suggestions on what the changes to the rules could be?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
chacha
Hi.

The suggestion for a minimum of posts to use all the site is a good idea.

Every day, i am on a french site (NEOGEOFANS ^^! ), and the new guys can't use all the site before they are accepted by moderators.

In fact, i came here to share viewpoint informations and tricks, because of the highscore ranking on this site, and because players play this game here; i don't know alls trick on this game, but i know a few.

Here is my last run on V. , but only some parts of it (it's too long otherwise) :

YouTube Video

You can see on boss 3 that i really past near death, but no in fact ^^ . And this run is improvable, of course.

Otherwise, i will have in a few days WINDJAMMERS mvs, and i will be glad to play this game with my childs !!!!

merlin
priest wrote:
Suggestions on what the changes to the rules could be?

Priest maybe it would be a good idea if the person taking part has to have been a member for a certain length of time AND have a minimum number of posts.

Chacha it seems that I misunderstood. I saw the screenshot you posted in the Viewpoint thread and thought you wanted to take part in the high score challenge but you just wanted to offer advice about the game.

RiKo
2d wrote:- Also, I think Merlin should be banned from all future HSCs, like Riko suggested... wait a minute that's MY suggestion. Hehehe, sorreh.

Yes please ban Merlin, he just destroyed all our scores (including mine) on Blazing Star. Someone that good should be drug tested before being alllowed to re-enter Wink

ChaCha you have to stick around now Smile

ChaCha wrote:- Actually, i play almost only one game, the first game i had on NEOGEO = VIEWPOINT

I find the 3rd boss very tough. you are very good on View Point. but how come you don't play any other Neo Geo schmups? There are some very good ones.

Merlin wrote :- Priest maybe it would be a good idea if the person taking part has to have been a member for a certain length of time AND have a minimum number of posts.

I agree with Merlin 100% here. We should vote on the number of posts and length of time, maybe start a thread to discuss it first.

Also we should somehow get the medals back because that will be a big incentive for people to join. On forums new people love the ranks for post counts, and medals are an incentive beyond that. Maybe we could be given images of medals or trophies to post in our signatures, if all else fails.

chacha
ChaCha you have to stick around now Smile

ChaCha wrote:- Actually, i play almost only one game, the first game i had on NEOGEO = VIEWPOINT

I find the 3rd boss very tough. you are very good on View Point. but how come you don't play any other Neo Geo schmups? There are some very good ones.

The third boos (the bee) is a difficult one. The only way to beat him easily is to traine with him ^^. The patterns are always the same : 7 waves; the first one, the second one and the 5th one are directed to our ship, the others no (7 waves with bullets = 2; 3; 4; 3; 3; 4; 5). There is a technic to steer the bullets, but it's difficult. You have to destroy the larva too, difficult (but 1 000 pts per larva, it's not negligible).

The very big difficulty in VIEWPOINT is the 4th boss : SKULL HEAD Shock : it's this boss that will do you give up... but it's another story (sorry for my english :( ).

I play other shooting-games on mvs of course = PULSTAR 1LIFE ALL, and BLASING STAR 1cc to the final boss, but not defeated (played with the ship of PULSTAR, the DINO-246, very protective one, but not enough powerfull againt the final boss).

I finished PULSTAR only one time, because of the difficulty : i saw here that another player say the same of me : when you loose a life in PULSTAR, your sheap has no more powerfull equipement. So the difficulty is very high (for me). So i can finish this only with one life, and it's very long to finish a game with only one life !!!!!!!! The day when i finished PULSTAR, i said "NO MORE PULSTAR, EVER" Annoyed

It's a good game, it's a beautiful game, but very difficult game.

I try to do my best on LAST RESORT at the moment, but the approach is very different with this game.

I would like to finish the METAL SLUG series too, but difficult for me ^^! .

merlin
RiKo wrote:
Yes please ban Merlin, he just destroyed all our scores (including mine) on Blazing Star. Someone that good should be drug tested before being alllowed to re-enter Wink

LOL

Yes starting a thread to discuss this or talking about it in the rules thread would be best. Hopefully it won't be too long until the medals return since they do seem to be quite popular. I think also having a new hall of fame would be good perhaps in a simplified form so it's less work to update.

Jump to Forum: