Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Neorebel
Thread ID: 4724
Thread Info
There are 3 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1598 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Craft beer/small batch spirits
Neorebel
I searched for craft beer and nothing came up... soooo I thought I'd start this conversation. Who out there is a beverage guru? I am a big beer geek and I also like sake and amber spirits.

The last amazing beer I had was Bell's Black Note stout which I had been saving from last year. It's a flawless barrel aged imperial stout.

If you like beer, what is the closest microbrewery to you and what do you like about it? I have some brew pubs near by, but it's rural out here. Nearest great place is the Weyerbacher brewery in Easton PA, which does big beer very well (full-bodied, near 10%ABV)

LIFE_IN_2D
Hmmm.

I am by no means an aficionado, I like to just pick up whatever I see that I haven't tried out. I really like all beers, yes I can drink domestic piss-water and still enjoy myself.

Some of the more"fancier" stuff that I enjoy is Anchor Steam, Goose Island IPA, Blue Moon Short Straw, and Kilt Lifter .

When it comes to beers with higher ABV content, I enjoy Old Rasputin.

Then again, I usually just want to get sorta tipsy and forget how shitty my life is, so anything will do. : p

Oh yeah, I really enjoy a couple of German beers, mainly Weihenstephaner and Spaten. I would like to be able to drink these alll the time, but I'd prolly get a beer-belly and turn into a REAL alcoholic.

The German beers taste best to me and I enjoy eating with them, A LOT. Really like them with stews, steaks and hamburgers.

I will have to try and find some of this " Weyerbacher brewery " stuff.

Again, I know I got shit taste, but I really do love drinking beer, as long as it doesn't have the "lite" in the name. BLECH.

Gonna run to the store, grab some chips, then crack a few beers open.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Neorebel
I LOVE German beer. I've been to the country a few times and made sure to 'sample' a great variety of them. They do pair very well with a lot of foods, and besides the Pils and Hefeweizen styles there are also many others popularized over there. Weihenstephaner I believe is the world's oldest brewery btw.

Old Rasputin was one of the first imperial stouts I've ever had and remains classic.

I don't think you have shit taste... The only beer you mentioned that I don't like is Blue Moon... if I'm in the mood for a Belgian White I'd rather have a Hoegaarden.

Drinking craft beer is tough because you can't drink a lot of it without the risk of gaining weight. But like anything else - moderation is key. Also, when it comes to alcohol, I will drink whatever anyone serves me, I'm no snob.

Remember - you're only as healthy as you feel YouTube Video

Jump to Forum: