Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Neorebel
Thread ID: 4722
Thread Info
There are 4 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 899 times.  There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hi there
Neorebel
Hi everyone,

I'm a long time member, very infrequent poster... I comment a lot in the FB group however, and I do like the reviews on this site very much. I believe I initially discovered this website as a lurker along with others such as Neo-Geo.com, Neo Alec's site, Orochinagi, Madman's cafe, etc. Those were the days I did not actually have my own Neo-Geo, I was more interested in how to get a game running in NeoRageX! NeoGeo Freak drama was new, and there was still a 'Neo Geo Land.' Chinatown Fair in NYC was still open in its original incarnation and my favorite online shop was Lik Sang.

Those were the days.

Anyway...

I live in NJ, USA and at the moment my interest in retrogames is at an all time high, especially w/Neo-Geo of course. I mostly play MVS carts on the cabinet, but I do have a couple of home carts, a NGPC, and the ports on the other consoles/handhelds as well. Fighting games and shmups are what I'm finding myself mostly getting into. I suppose my second favorite system is the PC Engine followed closely by the Saturn.

Ultimately I am just bored and glad to get into any geeky conversations about games, music/audio, films, etc. Smile
Edited by Neorebel on 11. January 2014 11:02

priest
Hey and welcome to NGFL, Neorebel. I hope to see you around the forums, you seem really active already Thumbs Up

What kind of arcade cab do you own? (pics please)
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
LIFE_IN_2D
Great to see you be more active. We are all about geeky gamer's convos here, that... and drinking like fish. WUZZZZZZAH!

I hope you stick around.

Cheers!
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Neorebel
Thanks guys! I just have a basic conversion cabinet with a jamma mv-1f in it. I would have gotten a big red but it would not fit through any door in the house.

The original game that this cab was designed for is 'Blasteroids,' so, it's not like anything great was sacrificed. I got it for about 200 bucks and it required a lot of fix up (cleaning, sanding, rust removal, painting, replacing parts, etc) The monitor is nice and bright and just took some degaussing and adjusting.

I looked into changing the buttons but I didn't end up going through the work to find a metal shop guy that could do the custom job. In the end I just moved them around to the ACBD box config, which is how I play KOF XIII on my Hori stick. It works out well that way.

One of these days I'm going to end up replacing it with a Blast City. For now though, it is definitely the most fun games machine in the house. It's been the centerpiece of many a rowdy drunken night with friends. Sometimes I just stare at the screen and marvel over the scanliney glory. Grin
Neorebel attached the following images:
dsc07311.jpg blasteroids_arcade.png

Edited by Neorebel on 12. January 2014 03:38

Jump to Forum: