Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: DarakuTenshi
Thread ID: 4705
Thread Info
There are 6 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2866 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
HeroQuest 25th Anniversary!
DarakuTenshi
I don't know how many of if, or if any of you have heard of HeroQuest before... but, it was a big part of my youth. Who am I kidding, even my adult life. It was a game by Games Workshop that was given the rights over to Milton Bradly to distribute that is loosely based on the Warhammer franchise. Basically it's a dumbed down version of D&D. A dungeon crawler for kids. The game was ingenious in it's execution and over the past 24 years has captivated people who have been tweaking and updating the rules over the years. Now Game Zone has come on to the scene who is totally revamping the game to release in 2014 the 25th anniversary of HQ.

They are doing a kickstarter for the project (see link at the bottom of this post).
YouTube Video

They have already reached their goal, but if you are interested in getting in on the kickstarter before it's closed you still have a chance. I have backed them, but I'm a total nerd for this game. I've got my original copy of the game I bought back in 1991 and I've purchased a new copy from eBay... as well as still owning my Advanced HeroQuest that was released by Games Workshop.

Anyway... if interested check it out!
http://www.lanzan...cesidades/

LIFE_IN_2D
Never heard of, looks cool. How simple is the game? Just out of curiosity, how much are they trying to sell this for?
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Henke
Oh, are you talking about this, or did I miss something?

spelbloggen.se/files/2013/05/Heroquest_GameSet.jpg

If so, then yes I remember! Still have 2 complete sets. And this:

www.boardgamebeast.com/images/hero-quest-board-game-expansion-return-of-the-witch-lord.jpg

Had so much fun with this game!

merlin
I had heard of Hero Quest but despite really liking fantasy themed board games I never got around to trying it. I remember quite often seeing adverts for the game on UK TV.

http://www.youtub...RynOXfqWkk

That's nice that there will be a remake and it looks very good. If I do decide to give the game a try I would prefer to get the original version on ebay though. You mentioning the game Daraku has made me want to give it a try! Looks like the kind of boardgame I would enjoy.

A bit off topic but do you play any other fantasy themed boardgames? I'm a big fan of Talisman and used to play it constantly some years ago (2nd Edition). I also like Dragonhunt, Magic Realm, Wizards and Wizard's Quest, all by Avalon Hill.

rob7979
I recall many afun rainy afternoon playing this with my school mates!

Excellent fun - I always liked the wizard.
Terry

DarakuTenshi
Actually Merlin I own two copies of the original as well as Advanced HeroQuest. I only have one of the expansions that were released in the US...

LI2D -
It's a very basic game where you don't create your own characters they are already made. They all start with basic stats that will increase as you buy or find new equipment for them and plow through dungeons. It was designed for 12+ ages if I remember correctly, so it's pretty basic... but very fun. Right now the game on the kickstarter is at about $90 for the basic pack. Which is about right with this type of game. I bought a game called Descent a few years back that was $80.

Though if you buy the original HQ game from ebay it can run you $80-$150.

Jump to Forum: