Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: NeoGeoNinja
Thread ID: 4665
Thread Info
There are 18 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3509 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
NeoGeoNinja: Return of the Ninja Master...
NeoGeoNinja
Well, close enough:

www.brofist.org/m/src/132373759376.jpg

You get the idea Smile

-

It has indeed, been quite sometime since I last visited these great shores at NGFL.

Basically, I had a 'knock at the door' from a fellow member and friend from the site who endeavoured to locate me elsewhere... like Ninja!

Anyway, as I think I'd said in the past, my computer used to give me plenty of sh*t whilst trying to navigate this forum and, after a while, I just gave up. I had no need to replace the computer, as it ran fine anywhere but here. Annoying!

So, my Mac died recently, so I upgraded it slightly as a result: extra RAM and a bigger HDD. Also, the guy who repaired it furnished it with a newer OS and, well... it seems to be on fire lately. Luckily, not literally. Although, I was tempted! Annoyed

Sadly, I lost a lot of stuff on my old HDD, including software etc BUT... I'm not here to talk about that really.

I hope to be back for 'good' and look forward to our usual future discussions and very much looking forward to seeing those old familiar faces and the new ones I've missed appearing too.

What can I say?: NeoGeoForLife!
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

NeoGeoNinja
Also, I'm gonna go back and dig up some topics from over the last 12 months. Just so you're aware! Ninja

cthulhu
It's been a really long time since you were here last, I wondered what happened to you...welcome back!
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

NeoGeoNinja
cthulhu wrote:

It's been a really long time since you were here last, I wondered what happened to you...welcome back!

Well, you know what? I just had a stark reminder this very evening when it took several minutes to even get into the site.

Plus, this afternoon, I got a few Internal Server Error 500's after spending time replying to topics.

I thought all the issues may have dissipated but it seems there is more to these issues than meets the eye, as I'm sure no one else has these issues?

I even recorded a video of it happening, which I'll upload later.

Good to see you btw Smile

reelmojo
Yay, Ninja is back! I can't tell you how many times I've thought "this thread needs one of NGNinja's super long, detailed posts in it." And since you plan on digging up older threads, that might happen now. Great to have you back, man!

I've seen those Servor Error 500's a couple of times and had the site not load for a few minutes too. Luckily with a community this small not being able to log on until later doesn't mean you'll have a ton to catch up on when you come back, so it hasn't bothered me too much. If it's a persistent problem posting about it on the NGFL Facebook is a great way to quickly bring it to Kaz's attention to get it fixed.

priest
In short: Welcome back, Ninja. Good to have you backThumbs UpThumbs Up

I´m sadly unaware of the problems you´re mentioning. Makes me wonder how many preumably Active members that´s having the same issues with NGFL...?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
cthulhu
Well, to be honest I have a lot of trouble accessing the site. A lot of Internal Server Error 500's or even not loading at all. Sometimes everything works great and fast, but sometimes extremely slow. Even posting this took a couple of tries and took very long. The most troublesome forum I visit, but I still come back from time to time. I'm using Firefox by the way.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

LIFE_IN_2D
Welcome back, Ninja boyo!

Really happy that we got you back in the ranks. Of course, I probably have a good idea who planted the notion to return in your head.

You've always been one of the best posters on this wee site... no ass-kissing, just fact.

Joe
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

NeoStrayCat
Yay, the Ninja is back! :3
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
NeoGeoNinja
Thanks for the greetings guys Smile

Nothing particularly earth shattering has transpired in the last year since not being here. Although, that was only a fleeting visit, so it could be more like 2 years by now! Shock

Anyway, during my ranting at the computer, I basically 'set it up' for a fall and prompted catching it in the act, as it were.

i.e. I filmed the site having me over! Pfft

Here's said video (apologies for the very average quality)...

https://www.youtu...G00KDi3lgI

This happens to me more often than not not. The biggest issue is that, whilst it is connecting (to reply etc) the screen becomes uninteractive, so you can't scroll over your text to 'select all' and copy it. The problem being that IF the connection time out, and you end up hitting 'back', your entire post is lost! Thus, I now am copying my entire post before hitting reply. Jeez. Also, there have been a good few times where I just haven't bothered posting/replying because numerous, repeated attempts have failed. It even hangs when cycling between thread pages too sometimes! Shrug

As Cthulhu has pointed out, it could perhaps be a browser issue (as I too use Firefox), so I have reinstalled and started to use Safari JUST to access this site and, fingers crossed, everything is acceptable (a bit slow) thus far.

Like Cthulhu, I too have ZERO issues with any other sites on the net. Just here... which massively sucks btw.

I'll just try and work my way around it the best way I can. Although, it looks VERY quiet around here nowadays. Is it... or is it just me? Ninja

-

EDIT: And just for amusement, I used a screen record utility (figured it out since) to record myself creating this reply, and first, this is what happened!:

http://www.youtub...e=youtu.be

Shrug

There's really no hope for me, eh? Also... I can't remember how we post video's here. There's something daft you have to do to the address line, isn't there? Can't remember what it is though!
Edited by NeoGeoNinja on 28. November 2013 16:34

reelmojo
Just put the code from the part of the address after "watch?v=" inside the YouTube tags. So for your first video you'd put "kG00KDi3lgI" inside of [ movie=youtube][ /movie].

I've never seen any other site that does it like that and I remember it taking me a bit of time to figure out when we first switched to that system myself.

merlin
Welcome back Ninja! Good to see you posting again. It has been a very long time since we last spoke.

The '500' etc. errors have been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Hopefully the problem will be resolved soon.

Supergrafx
The other day i went on thesaurus.com and searched for "neogeoninja". The computer told me "neogeoninja cannot be found". Well played neogeoninja, very well played. Welcome back to NGFL ninja dude.

NeoGeoNinja
merlin wrote:

Welcome back Ninja! Good to see you posting again. It has been a very long time since we last spoke.

The '500' etc. errors have been an ongoing problem for quite some time. Hopefully the problem will be resolved soon.

It's good to see you too. I see you still have a thing for Rio? Wink Have you met her yet??

Indeed, it has been a very long time. Too long tbh. However, the recent issues I've still been battling with accessing this site reminded me why I just gave up in the end. It's IMPOSSIBLE if the site prevents you from posting, to communicate. It's crazy!

Anyway, glad to hear I'm not the only individual being subjected to such issues. I only wish I knew what the issue was. I always suspected it was a Mac compatibility thing, as I have since downloaded other browsers, and they too were unable circumvent the problem (and accessed all other sites just fine).

I'll just post up as and when I can Smile

NeoGeoNinja
Supergrafx wrote:

The other day i went on thesaurus.com and searched for "neogeoninja". The computer told me "neogeoninja cannot be found". Well played neogeoninja, very well played. Welcome back to NGFL ninja dude.

I'm happy to have impressed you... again! Ninja

Thanks for the official welcome back. For those who were intrigued, it was indeed our resident supergrafx fan who made his treacherous pilgrimage through the mountains to my secluded Ninja Hideout in Iga Ninja territories, specifically to seek me out! Very dangerous. And, I'm sure, Hayabusa, Rikimaru, Hotsuma, Joe Musashi etc would all agree.

Still, a stealthy well placed grapple from the chain end of a Kusari Gama managed to ensnare my left ankle and 'bring' me back to NGFL!

Murikov
HOW DID I MISS...
the legendary, unique structure and the outstanding diction of a NG-Ninja post! It's always a delight to read through another one that's both informative and aesthetically written. Like 2D already mentioned, no bottom-kissing intended.

THEREFORE...
welcome back on board and go on pleasing this community! Thumbs Up
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

merlin
It must have been very frustrating for you Ninja and I can understand why you stayed away. Good to hear Safari is working ok for you at the moment.

It has been very quiet here at times so you returning and some new members joining has really given NGFL a much-needed boost. Your long posts are always interesting to read and definitely help to stimulate some good discussions.

Would be nice to see Ste C becoming active again too.

We do still have chat meets occasionally on Sundays. Hope to see you in there at some point Ninja. Smile

To answer your question yes I have been lucky enough to have met and spoken to lovely Rio at various events this year. I've made 4 trips to see her so far and am going back again in 2 days time. You must have 'met' her many times while playing Yakuza 4 Ninja! Her performance of Rain Drops was definitely the best I think. Wink

RiKo
Good to see you back again Ninja Thumbs Up I never have any trouble accessing the site on any of my laptops. I am not technical enough in that respect to help in any meaningful way but I always use Firefox and a Windows laptop for information.

Hope you stick around now bud! Joe
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: