Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: k1ngarth3r
Thread ID: 4657
Thread Info
There are 16 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2946 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Hi
k1ngarth3r
Although I've been a member for a couple of years it appears I haven't actually said anything!

My names Tom but go by the name K1ngArth3r due to my love for the Ghouls N Ghosts series.

I'm a big fan of Neo Geo since around 1990/1 although I didn't own a Neo Geo in any form until 2001/2 by that time I wasn't that bothered about the system!

Now I'm on my 8th AES system (this one's staying) I'm collecting US/Euro release AES carts (CICool and so far collected 42 games...

I mainly do all my gaming on the Electrocoin 6-Slot MVS cabinet... Currently i'm enjoying the Art of Fighting Series (Just finished the 1st and onto the sequel).

merlin
Welcome K1ngArth3r! Hope you enjoy it here at NGFL. I sometimes visit the Arcade Otaku forum and remember you from there.

Sounds like you've got a very nice AES collection. That's a lot of AES consoles you've been through!

I also love the Ghouls N' Ghosts series. I used to play the Mega Drive version constantly when I was younger and now have the CP System PCB.

LIFE_IN_2D
Hey man, hope you start posting more.

Out of curiosity, why to you sell a total of 8 AES consoles? That's a hell of a lot.

Second question ; Top 5 favorite Neo games?

Also, if you ever get super bored on Sundays, you have a Sunday chat meet. You're welcome to come and talk about whatever nerdy stuff you wish. Starts every Sunday at around 3pm California time.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

k1ngarth3r
Thanks for the welcome.

Yes, Merlin I recognise you from ArcadeOtaku Forum also.... Nice to see some familiar faces so to speak.

My Neo Geo collection is certainly growing, I would like to own the full library released in US/Euro format but no doubt Ill skip Kizuna Encounter and Ultimate 11.

I also have Ghouls N Ghosts CPS1 board although it's the SF2 conversion.... I do have the original Ghost N Goblins board also though Smile

Why did I get through 8 AES? Well I think it was because I really wanted to love the system due to my obsession with it when it was released but couldn't. I kept buying the system with the same cheap games and then selling because I was using it.

This carried on from 2002 > 2011 which is the date since I've decided to keep the system and build up a focused collection.

I think buying a MVS cabinet helped because I was able to invest time into the games which made me realise how great the Neo Geo actually is.

Top 5 Neo Geo games is a tough one, you have to realise that I've not played the entire library and I have a obsession with the earlier games. This list will no doubt change once I've invested time in other games Smile

NB. These aren't in order...

1. Art Of Fighting
2. Last Resort
3. Blazing Star
4. Fatal Fury
5. Robo Army

Some of those are because of a nostalgia (original a Fatal a Fury and Robo Army)

Thanks for the invite for the chat meet on Sundays, I'll have to check it out one Sunday Smile

priest
Hey k1ngarth3r and welcome to NGFL. I hope that youīll enjoy your stay here...

Iīm really interested in your Electrocoin cab, as I used to own one of these beats Wink

Got any pics of it?
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Murikov
Hey Arthur, welcome on board! Please enjoy it and join our discussion as much as possible, we appreciate it more than it seems! Smile

And again Last Resort makes an appreance in a Top 5 list, just love that game! Ever considered in participating at one of our High Score Challenges?
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

k1ngarth3r
priest wrote:

Hey k1ngarth3r and welcome to NGFL. I hope that youīll enjoy your stay here...

Iīm really interested in your Electrocoin cab, as I used to own one of these beats Wink

Got any pics of it?

Thanks for the welcome...

I have some pictures of the cab yes Smile

I wish I had the original red sticks though :-(

i376.photobucket.com/albums/oo207/K1ngArth3r/2013%20Video%20Game%20Collection/Neo%20Geo%20MVS/1_zps31b945d6.jpg

k1ngarth3r
Murikov wrote:

Hey Arthur, welcome on board! Please enjoy it and join our discussion as much as possible, we appreciate it more than it seems! Smile

And again Last Resort makes an appreance in a Top 5 list, just love that game! Ever considered in participating at one of our High Score Challenges?

Thanks for the welcome Smile

I've only recently (In the last 2 months) picked up a Euro copy of Last Resort on the AES, i'd quite like it on the MVS too, that's where I do most of my gaming...

I looked at the high score thread and there are some pretty high scores on there for the majority of the games I have :-) I will do my best though.

RiKo
Welcome to NG4L Arthur

Arthur wrote :- I also have Ghouls N Ghosts CPS1 board although it's the SF2 conversion.... I do have the original Ghost N Goblins board also though

^^ very Jealous of this!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
priest
Thanks for the pic! Thatīs exactly the kind of Electro coin cab, that I used to ownThumbs Up Mine didnīt have the original joysticks either, I think the ones I had were more responsive. Your cab seems to be in a great condition too, which is niceSmile

k1ngarth3r
RiKo wrote:

Welcome to NG4L Arthur

Arthur wrote :- I also have Ghouls N Ghosts CPS1 board although it's the SF2 conversion.... I do have the original Ghost N Goblins board also though

^^ very Jealous of this!

There great games and really pleased to own them Smile

k1ngarth3r
priest wrote:

Thanks for the pic! Thatīs exactly the kind of Electro coin cab, that I used to ownThumbs Up Mine didnīt have the original joysticks either, I think the ones I had were more responsive. Your cab seems to be in a great condition too, which is niceSmile

I don't know if I ever used the original sticks, I bought the cabinet with these sticks attached... They certainly do the job but i'd prefer to keep it original if possible... Maybe one day i'll come across some refurbished original sticks...

Edit... Why did you sell the cabinet? I have a Astro City also so been tempted at times to sell this one and just get a 1 slot but this was my first cab and love the mini marquees at the top so can't bring myself to sell :-)

priest
The Electrocoin Fullsize cab was actually my first cab, which I parted a great chunk of my hard earned money for Smile

But I decided to dedicate my arcade collection to candy cabs, that is why I sold this otherwise great machine.

My apartement and the cabs I currently own:

YouTube Video

Becides these I also 'own' 1/3 of an arcade, please check out our website:

http://www.motala...

k1ngarth3r
Wow you have a nice collection of candy cabs, the Neo Geo games look great running on them compared to the smaller screen of the Electrocoin.

I made a video of my collection back in July (it's quite embarrassing now but I'll share).

The rooms changed a lot and i've a lot more AES games now also

YouTube Video

Edit: Forgot to say how great the arcade looks too, must be pretty good to own 1/3 of a arcade :-)

priest
Wow!!!! That is some collection, you have nothing to be embarrased aboutYummy

Impressiv Sega master system collection and the EURO / US AES collection. I think that you mentioned a SEGA megatech (?) cab thatīs beeing restored when the video was shot...?

Would be nice to see this cab as well.

In my video you se a SEGA ASTRO CITY cab in my livingroom, thats sold now and is replaced with another EGRET 2.

k1ngarth3r
Yes there is every european Sega Master System game there, I made another video on my channel for that if you wanted to see.

There was about 36/37 AES US/Euro games at the time of that video, I'm up to 43 at the moment with the aim to buy them all eventually.

The Sega Mega-Tech is still no further forward, I've stripped it and currently removed one side of the vinyl (but go the other side and front of the cab to go before repairing the chip board...)

I have new CP art and cleaned all the sticks/buttons/mb/cables etc.

I really need to get that finished... I've now added a shelf where the cab supposed to go so will either turn my garage into an arcade or wait until I move house which i'm planning to do in 2015.

I really like the Astro City, The Egret II is very nice too - I like the colours on that cab :-)

I'm probably going to pick up some more candy cabs in the future but do like the original dedicated woodies too... :-)

The plan eventually is to turn a double garage into a arcade full of all my dream cabs... But we'll see how that works out :-)

Jump to Forum: