Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: villain
Thread ID: 4648
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5001 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
My Neo Geo controller doesnt work
villain
The D pad works fine but all 4 buttons and the select and start button arent responding. What is the problem there the MVS system, the jamma adapter or the controller?

My MVS has also all these weird switches on the left site which i tried out all kind of combination but only the last switch seem to have an effect all other seem to do nothing, the last switch simple pauses the screen like a freeze but can be set normal by setting it off again.
Edited by villain on 10. November 2013 21:21

merlin
Hi villain. Welcome to the forum.

The NGCD joypads do get issues with the thumb stick but it seems to be rare to get any problems with the buttons. I'm guessing you only have one controller? Is it possible you could borrow a second controller from someone and see if the issue is still there?

Was the supergun built recently? If so maybe it's worth contacting the person who built it.

Are you a member of Facebook? There are a few members on the neogeoforlife Facebook page who are very knowledgeable about the technical stuff and have helped quite a few people fix problems. You could join the Facebook group and post a link to this thread.

http://www.facebo...eoforlife/

villain
anyways the problem is fixed now i had to solder something

http://yadi.sk/d/...

merlin
Good to hear you managed to fix the problem villain.

Would have been nicer if you had reacted to my post. I did say hi and also welcomed you to the forum.

villain
merlin wrote:

Good to hear you managed to fix the problem villain.

Would have been nicer if you had reacted to my post. I did say hi and also welcomed you to the forum.

hello, sorry i didnt want to offend you. I just felt a bit emberesed asking for help when it wasnt needed so i probably wanted this thread just to die quickly when i didnt replied to you.

villain

Was the supergun built recently? If so maybe it's worth contacting the person who built it.

this is what i did, i dont understand why the dude sells these if those are uncompleted, maybe they all have this issues or something as they seem to be not costume made but massively produced in china

http://www.smallc...rSQn-GPV8E

DarakuTenshi
Thanks for the info... who knows down the road that link you posted may come in handy to us or other visitors.

merlin
Ah ok I understand villain. Thanks for the reply. Glad you managed to get it fixed and I hope you decide to stick around.

wanou
villain wrote:

this is what i did, i dont understand why the dude sells these if those are uncompleted, maybe they all have this issues or something as they seem to be not costume made but massively produced in china

Hi
I'm "Wanou" from SmallCab
Your controller is special.
To work, it needs to be +5 V supply
By default, the circuit is deliberately not supply to avoid short-circuit problem with a joystick 'home made'.
By example, the original Neo Geo arcade stick does not need to be supplying +5 V.
Our supergun is an extremely versatile and adaptable to all needs of our players, either on Neo Geo MVS sytem or JAMMA
This is not a defect of design Wink

www.smallcab.net
villain
wanou wrote:

villain wrote:

Hi
I'm "Wanou" from SmallCab
Your controller is special.
To work, it needs to be +5 V supply
By default, the circuit is deliberately not supply to avoid short-circuit problem with a joystick 'home made'.
By example, the original Neo Geo arcade stick does not need to be supplying +5 V.
Our supergun is an extremely versatile and adaptable to all needs of our players, either on Neo Geo MVS sytem or JAMMA
This is not a defect of design Wink

ok thanks for clearing that up Smile

Jump to Forum: