Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Raiken
Thread ID: 463
Thread Info
There are 14 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3484 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Wii surpasses 360 sales
Raiken
http://kotaku.com...292442.php

Good job Nintendo. Now if you weren't so tight assed about region encoding.
Edited by Raiken on 13. September 2007 01:12
oi66.tinypic.com/zyjcpl.jpg

Goemon
I'm happy for them, they've succeeded in their mission to appeal to non gamers. I just wish they'd get back to making games that were even slightly challenging (or releasing games more often in general) to appeal to frequent gamers like myself.

Atomduck
*proud happy Wii owner*
I've owned one since early December, problem is, not enough good games but I've already Pre-ordered Brawl.

Shiny
Go Nintendo!! Grin

Oh ye of little faith, never count out the big N.

phry
Good going Nintendo!

Though to be honest, I don't really see the 360 and wii as competing against each other. Each console has their own exclusives, the play styles differ and the both machines have aimed at their own markets. Personally I see them as complimentary rather than as strict rivals (unlike 360 vs PS3)

I wonder if a lot of 360 owners have a wii as a second console?

Midian
Next console I'm getting will definitely be a Wii. I know there aren't many good games out right now except for Metal Slug Anthology, but Smash Bros Brawl will rock, and I'm really looking forward to NiGHTS. I might also check out the Resident Evil comes for Wii.

I love the Wii (Wii play and stuff is kinda funny) and co-op MS rocks.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Raiken
I have Pangya, Zelda, Wario Ware, Metal Slug Anthology, Trauma Center and Resident 4 for wii and I find all of them to be solid titles. Hopefully my copy of Metroid Prime 3 will be coming in soon.

Spooky
Uh, sorry to burst your collective bubbles, but XBOX 360 has some amazing games, not only is Assassin's Creed coming out in November, but you guys haven't seen anything yet until you've played one, and one game only, Bioshock. It pretty much pisses in Shigeru Miyamoto's face, and looks so damned good doing it! And yes, I have a Wii and it's badass, but damn, 360 has so much to offer. Can't believe I'm the only one who thinks this..
Long long ago, there were a man..

Midian
Well, the only game that I would want to play for Xbox would be Blue Dragon. I'm not really into fps and stuff. Bioshock didn't interest me that much.

candycab
Spooky wrote:
Uh, sorry to burst your collective bubbles, but XBOX 360 has some amazing games, not only is Assassin's Creed coming out in November, but you guys haven't seen anything yet until you've played one, and one game only, Bioshock. It pretty much pisses in Shigeru Miyamoto's face, and looks so damned good doing it! And yes, I have a Wii and it's badass, but damn, 360 has so much to offer. Can't believe I'm the only one who thinks this..

I agree, but too me they arent in the same catagory as gaming machines go simply because the way you use them is so vastly different. Considering the price differences between the two the 360 is automatically lagging behind for alot of folks who cant afford more than a Wii or just dont want to pay more etc.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
candycab wrote:
Spooky wrote:

I agree, but too me they arent in the same catagory as gaming machines go simply because the way you use them is so vastly different. Considering the price differences between the two the 360 is automatically lagging behind for alot of folks who cant afford more than a Wii or just dont want to pay more etc.

The 360 is obviously a great machine, and I have decided to buy one finally, but unfortunately there's just not much on it that turns my head at the moment... Most of the FPS games are so similar they might as well be the same game and most 3D adventure games are flawed thanks to shitty camera angles and sluggish controls. One area where the Wii (and Nintendo generally) outshines the 360 is character, something almost all modern videogames lack to a certain degree imo. Sure everything looks really realistic but where's the flair? The heart? Seems to me that the more realistic visually the games become the more character they lose.

So far the only games I've seen on 360 I'm going to buy are VF5, Sega Rally Revo and Resident Evil 5, not much else really appeals at the mo (not even Halo which I still don't understand people's fascination with) though I'm sure that will change in time. Especially now that there's talk of Metal Gear Solid 4 maybe making it onto 360...

Anyways, although there's a small difference in price the fact that the Wii's sales have caught up with the 360's already after Microsoft's year long headstart is nothing short of amazing. They took a huge risk and it paid off, good on 'em! Thumbs Up

Spooky
Well, I'm one of those people who likes to have every console available. I'm holding out for a PS3, but I'm gonna buy a PSP Slim first. Still though, I love my 360 and my Wii, both are awesome consoles. But yeah, Nintendo has an awesome marketing strategy. Why can't Sony catch on huh?
Long long ago, there were a man..

Raiken
It should be noted that Microsoft also has a huge handicap in that 360 doesn't sell for shit in Japan(the ps3 is beating it for crying out loud). Microsoft had the same problem with the original xbox. It seems they just can't sell shit in Japan.

Midian
Well, the Xbox did sell a little better in Japan cause of Blue Dragon I believe. Smile

Jump to Forum: