Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Shiny
Thread ID: 462
Thread Info
There are 6 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2355 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Sega Rally Revo
Shiny
Not being much of a fan of pretending to be a gay looking space marine or, umm, what else does the 360 do...? Anyways, as I was saying, there hasn't been much released for the Xbox 360 so far that's made my jaw drop far enough to get my wallet out. That was until I saw what Sega are up to with Virtua Fighter 5 (has it's own thread) and Sega Rally Revo. Good Goddamn, where's my cheque book? Thank you Sega for finally giving me a reason (2 in fact) to buy a 360!

Look at the reflections! The mud accumulating on the cars! The arcade style (thank the lord) gameplay! I want it! I want it! I want it! *stamps feet*

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8-YYfdd8FI[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXIXrMF97p4[/youtube]
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

candycab
For the record #2 was one of the worst driving games ever released.

If this plays anything like the Saturn release I wont be able to get enough of it Grin, that game was as perfect as an arcade racer could get in its execution. Graphically I think the new game looks like it should given the hardware but I didnt see anything that clearly set it apart from any other car game as of late.

Graphics are nice and nowdays there are no excuses to be made for poor looking games being released, but in the end it had better play well or its dumpster material.
Edited by candycab on 22. August 2007 22:30
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Flik
Since the original game for Sega Saturn is the best racing-game ever, I'll be sure to look out for this.

Shiny
I don't think it'll play quite like either 1 or 2 what with terrain affecting the way the cars handle so much, I don't know how commonplace it is nowadays but I've certainly never seen anything quite like it before. The track doesn't just look different due to weather and wear but actually is different, wetter, bumpier etc. changing the way the cars react to it in realtime. Sega are calling this realtime track deformation "revolutionary" but if all modern racers do this to the same extent then there's a whole world of racing games I'm missing out on. Wink

And candycab I can't believe you're taking these kind of graphics for granted already man. Wink They still blow me away. But I know what you mean, bad visuals would be unforgivable given the power at the developers' disposal.

candycab
Yeah its sorta weird but these days the graphics just dont have the impact they did afew years ago. Even after coming off an hour or two of playing games like Defender and Sinistar they just seem to be the norm anymore.

The deformable track thing sounds pretty gimmicky at this point but could be cool if they can implement it in a way that its subtle and not over bearing. I think if Sega tries to get too far away from arcade racing the game will dissapoint.
Edited by candycab on 22. August 2007 23:51
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Shiny
I guess there is the fear that Sega might over do it but I trust 'em, if there's one thing Sega know it's arcade racers. At worst it's bound to still be a million times better than those awful Colin McRae games.

Jump to Forum: