Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 4617
Thread Info
There are 2 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2000 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
reelmojo
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax is a recently revealed 2D fighter by Sega. It's a crossover fighter featuring characters from Dengeki Bunko and Sega.

So, while Sega is obviously the reason I'm posting this I looked into Dengeki Bunko to see what the hell it is too. They publish light novels, and the only titles I recognized were the ones based on videogames. The only ones of those that might be represented in this game are probably Sakura Wars and Persona, since both are owned by Sega (Sega just bought Atlus like last week).

Considering Dengeki Bunko's involvement I assume the Sega character selection is going to have a very Japanese focus. No Sega characters have been announced but the fact that Valkyria Chronicles was mentioned seems to support that theory. Because of this, I fully expect someone from Sakura Wars to make the cut. Also, we'd be very lucky if the game ever leaves Japan. I'll still keep my fingers crossed that Streets of Rage or Golden Axe will be represented though.

As for the gameplay, we know very little so far. It looks like each character will have a support character helping them, and "anime fighter" rules apply (air dashes, crazy combos...). Here's a very very short teaser to keep us speculating featuring the only two characters revealed so far, Asuna from Sword Art Online and Shana from Shakugan no Shana. Their support characters are Leafa and Wilhelmina, respectively:

YouTube Video

Oh yeah, and the stage they're fighting on is from Valkyria Chronicles.

Hopefully more news will come soon. We don't even know who is developing it right now!

EDIT: Purely speculation, but I almost guarantee the first Sega character announced is Hatsune Miku. Japan loves it some Hatsune Miku.

EDIT again: ...instead of a double post since I seem to be the only one interested right now. It looks like Sega will be showing off the game on October 6th.
Edited by reelmojo on 25. September 2013 01:44

reelmojo
First full trailer:

YouTube Video

New characters confirmed:

Shizuo Heiwajima from Durarara!!
Kuroyukihime from Accel World
Misaka Mikoto from A Certain Scientific Railgun
Kirino Kosaka from My Little Sister Can't Be This Cute

No, I have no idea who any of those characters are either. That's six characters revealed and none are from Sega yet. It is worth noting that Shizuo is male, so this isn't an all female fighter despite the fact that the other five revealed characters are girls.

Siliconera has a breakdown of the systems in the game here. It sounds very Arc System Works inspired.

Jump to Forum: