Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 4593
Thread Info
There are 19 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4750 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gunlord 3DS/WiiU Indiegogo campaign.
reelmojo
Gunlord 3DS/WiiU Indiegogo campaign.

First off is the news that NG.Dev Team is now a licensed Nintendo third party developer. While that is awesome news, they still need funds to actually make a game for Nintendo systems and they've chosen to port the awesome Gunlord to both 3DS and WiiU. This could be huge for them since it will definitely introduce their work to new audiences and they've even said that the more Gunlord sells on 3DS and WiiU the more money they can put into their next NeoGeo game "to reach SNK/Nazca quality." And I'm sure if it does well more ports will follow, but before all of that happens they need 40.000 to do the Gunlord port. If you've never supported a crowd funding campaign before as a NeoGeo fan this is definitely the best time to start.

I don't own either system but I'll be supporting them. I'll probably own a WiiU before the game is finished anyway.
Edited by reelmojo on 03. September 2013 23:49

DarakuTenshi
The link you posted does not work.
http://www.indieg...nd-wiiu--2

Anyway... this is something that I can definitely get behind.

reelmojo
Yeah, they changed the campaign to fixed funding (which means they don't get the money unless it's fully funded) and lowered the goal. I fixed the link in the first post too.

And yes, the more people we can get to play Gunlord the better.

RiKo
I like the idea of more games for the Neo Geo althogh I don't actually care myself about playing Gunlord on 3DS or Wii U. It's a NG game for me. If they had a campaign for funding a classy-looking Neo Geo game I would def help fund that. Hope this campaign goes well even so though Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
merlin
Fantastic news that Gunlord is also being released for PC. I've always wanted to play this. I just pledged 10 Euros for a digital copy.

Murikov
merlin wrote:

Fantastic news that Gunlord is also being released for PC. I've always wanted to play this.

Second that, 10 for an assured digital PC copy sounds tempting as well. Would be great to see Fast Striker, Pink Bullets and Neo XYX for the PC as well!
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

merlin
Yes it would be nice if more NG Dev Team games were released for PC. I've only played Last Hope on NGCD and Fast Striker a few times in an arcade and have no plans to get a DC. I am disappointed that there probably will never be a Gunlord NGCD release. It would be even better to play the game on Neo Geo hardware.

hitorkori
yeah a neo cd release would have been great even with loading times shame as mvs/aes is just too exspensive for 1 game.
id defo get it on 3ds as it needs this type of game my dreamcast version is fine for now Wink

what the hell happened to Andros dunos cd ?

merlin
hitorkori wrote:
what the hell happened to Andros dunos cd ?

Good question Hitorkori. NCI haven't posted any updates for a long time and Neo Ayato, where I pre-ordered the game, have removed it from their website. Someone posted on the NCI Facebook page that Neo Ayato said 'please be patient it's delay to the beginning of August, all box in stock just need to put a seal on all'. I emailed Neo Ayato and they said 'NCI delay it at september sorry my friend'.

I just asked NG Dev Team on Facebook if there is any chance of a Gunlord NGCD release and they replied:

We have no plans for NGCD. People used it to make bootleg cartridges of Last Hope.

DarakuTenshi
That's why I think the 3DS or Wii U version is a good idea. It gives me a chance to play the game when I know I would never put money down on a NG cart like this.

shion
Aw man, I'm so on the fence about this... As an author, I can understand wanting to get my media out to as many channels as possible (in the name of profit). However, the integrity behind the piece must remain in tact; Gunlord was special because it was a N-G exclusive (okay, okay, so not totally the DC got a port, but that was acceptable). The specialness is fading now that these guys are selling out!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
merlin
Surely it can only be a good thing Tobal that many more people will be able to enjoy Gunlord with it being released on more platforms. I don't own a DC and if I still had an AES or MVS, like Daraku I wouldn't be willing to pay the high price for the cart version. Judging from the videos I've seen and reading what other NGFL members said about the game I'm excited about finally getting the chance to play it.

hitorkori
im now a wii u owner so maybe il get it on wii u if it reaches its goal Roll Eyes

DarakuTenshi
Tobalman wrote:

Aw man, I'm so on the fence about this... As an author, I can understand wanting to get my media out to as many channels as possible (in the name of profit). However, the integrity behind the piece must remain in tact; Gunlord was special because it was a N-G exclusive (okay, okay, so not totally the DC got a port, but that was acceptable). The specialness is fading now that these guys are selling out!

I understand what you are saying here (and see that you are torn between two worlds), but to me that is the Neo-Geo Elitist mentality. I wouldn't call it selling out, I'd call that smart business. If they want to increase profit off of a game they made they need to reach out to the current market. They can't make much money from selling their games to just the NG and DC scene. Those who bought the game on the AES I'm sure would not be happy about this because that could potentially make their game drop in value, but video games were meant to be played and not invested.

shion
As I understand mine is not the popular view (or, at least, vocally popular), I won't detract too much more from the discussion other than: even if I didn't have an original copy of Gunlord, I'd still feel the same way about what they're doing. Of course, that feeling is strong because I've been in a similar situation.

You do bring up a convincing point that the devs need to do this (and not necessarily want to). I was kind of under the impression they were doing well enough to sustain their side business with N-G and DC media alone. (I guess the iPhone port of Fast Striker bombed?)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
DarakuTenshi
Tobalman wrote:
I was kind of under the impression they were doing well enough to sustain their side business with N-G and DC media alone. (I guess the iPhone port of Fast Striker bombed?)

Honestly though, so was I. Who knows maybe they are and they just want to become a full blown developer.

reelmojo
Well, the campaign failed. I'd guess a lot of their fans have already spent so much money on the game that pledging even more wasn't such an intriguing prospect. Hopefully the PC version at least comes out still. The extra exposure that will give them might help fund the 3DS/WiiU versions. Also, with the way Sony has been bending over backwards to get more indie games on their platforms lately maybe they should look into PS3/Vita versions as well.

DarakuTenshi
Well, outside of Neo-Geo and Dreamcast they are relatively unknown. I couldn't see them making their goal for this venture. I hope they do find a way to still do this because I am interested in playing that game.

merlin
Disappointing. I'm surprised only 21 people pledged for the PC version. NG Dev Team did say they might try again next year though.

Jump to Forum: