Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: TheBurningPunch
Thread ID: 4582
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3023 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Gaming news that caught my eye
TheBurningPunch
First off yatagarasu's campaign generated alot of money to the point that they will add new balance changes to the current 8 characters, 3 new fighters, GGPO support and commentators like maximilian and ultradavid, forgot the other guys name lol.

the 3rd fighter which had the most votes is AJA Salisbury the blond chick that probably is just another hibiki which specializes in quick draw techniques. i also remember johnny from guilty gear has a style like that too. i wish nene was chosen as her multiple copies of herself style would be the best for somewhat easy setups and crossups.

http://shoryuken....character/

also the game is coming to the PS vita named Legend of Raven by Nicalis. The 3ds version was probably cancelled.

http://www.eventh...ease-year/

http://nicalis.co...ndofraven/

about KI3's new fighter, no details about who she is is not revealed yet but we gotta wait till pax prime 2013 as double helix games will be there.

YouTube Video

DarakuTenshi
Yeah character looks cool. But... I don't like that you have to buy the characters all separate. Or... but a pack for $40 with only 8 characters and then buy more as they release them down the line.

reelmojo
The $40 version has extras, you can buy all 8 characters for just $20. I like that they're experimenting with new pricing models. It's going to allow casuals to try it out while the hardcore crowd isn't really effected since they'll just jump in at the $20 point anyway.

Also, really looking forward to Legend of Raven. Between that, Chaos Code, and Aquapazza all releasing in the west soon it's a great time for fans of Japanese fighting games.

TheBurningPunch
reelmojo wrote:

The $40 version has extras, you can buy all 8 characters for just $20. I like that they're experimenting with new pricing models. It's going to allow casuals to try it out while the hardcore crowd isn't really effected since they'll just jump in at the $20 point anyway.

Also, really looking forward to Legend of Raven. Between that, Chaos Code, and Aquapazza all releasing in the west soon it's a great time for fans of Japanese fighting games.

oh i cant wait for those games too. as for the prices for KI, 20 bucks for 8 fighters is not bad at all. the free to play gaming is here to stay but we have the choice to not buy the extra stuff to keep playing it. i hate tekken revolution's FTP system though.

reelmojo
Yeah, I was addicted to Tekken Revolution for roughly a week, then the whole FTP system grew old. It was especially annoying once I started playing players at a little higher skill level because many of them actually aren't more skilled, they've just played more so that they can buy more skill points. You can tell who these people are when they send you a message after they lose a fight just to complain that you were spamming. This happened to me like five times in one day! It was especially hilarious because I'm not a spammer (I've fought plenty of spammers in TR, I actually know my character's move set) and if I actually was a "n00b spammer" shouldn't they have easily beaten me?

Still, it's a system that rewards persistent play in a different and perhaps more accessible way for newcomers than most fighting games. It got my room mate who doesn't play fighters to play Tekken nearly every day so if it gets new players into the series then it's doing its job. Hopefully they move on to TTT2 eventually though.

Chaos Code is a game I've literally been looking forward to getting my hands on for years now. I'm so happy I finally get to play it soon! I honestly never followed news about Aquapazza since I really never thought it would come to the west. I guess I should start paying attention now!

All of this talk of doujin fighters has me wondering what the hell ever happened to Melty Blood. I'd love a new version of that series (or even just Actress Again Current Code) for PSN/XBLA. Apparently the developer is busy with Under Night - In Birth right now though.

Gah, there's just too many fighters to follow! It's no wonder I never get really good at any of them!

DarakuTenshi
reelmojo wrote:

My problem is this is forcing people to never being able to actually owning physical copies of the games. I hate the fact that a game collection is now turning into non physical media. Things like this will force it upon us. This will cause video game stores to go out of business or completely change their business model.

Yup... I must be getting old.

TheBurningPunch
reelmojo wrote:

Yeah, I was addicted to Tekken Revolution for roughly a week, then the whole FTP system grew old. It was especially annoying once I started playing players at a little higher skill level because many of them actually aren't more skilled, they've just played more so that they can buy more skill points. You can tell who these people are when they send you a message after they lose a fight just to complain that you were spamming. This happened to me like five times in one day! It was especially hilarious because I'm not a spammer (I've fought plenty of spammers in TR, I actually know my character's move set) and if I actually was a "n00b spammer" shouldn't they have easily beaten me?

Still, it's a system that rewards persistent play in a different and perhaps more accessible way for newcomers than most fighting games. It got my room mate who doesn't play fighters to play Tekken nearly every day so if it gets new players into the series then it's doing its job. Hopefully they move on to TTT2 eventually though.

Chaos Code is a game I've literally been looking forward to getting my hands on for years now. I'm so happy I finally get to play it soon! I honestly never followed news about Aquapazza since I really never thought it would come to the west. I guess I should start paying attention now!

All of this talk of doujin fighters has me wondering what the hell ever happened to Melty Blood. I'd love a new version of that series (or even just Actress Again Current Code) for PSN/XBLA. Apparently the developer is busy with Under Night - In Birth right now though.

Gah, there's just too many fighters to follow! It's no wonder I never get really good at any of them!

i'll admit to sending a message to a guy that beat me on DOA5 that he was spamming the same punch combo. i'm not gonna say it since i dont want to break the rules lol. I rarely do that but it was due to me having a bad day. but yea i can never get at a decent level at fighters cause its so many. KI3 will be the first fighter i'm not much hyped about.

TheBurningPunch
DarakuTenshi wrote:

reelmojo wrote:

My problem is this is forcing people to never being able to actually owning physical copies of the games. I hate the fact that a game collection is now turning into non physical media. Things like this will force it upon us. This will cause video game stores to go out of business or completely change their business model.

Yup... I must be getting old.
i'm getting close to being 30 so i consider myself old school but i can say that we can either adapt to these new practices or just stick with older consoles and find games we missed like i have for the past year and due to emulation and pretty much luck, i was able to aquire them all.as for microsoft, i dont see myself buying one cause of how they just shut down most of their services just to prepared for it.

reelmojo
I would much rather have physical copies of everything too. And I'm 31, so maybe it is an age thing. Still, if a physical copy doesn't exist I'll gladly take a download over the possibility of a game not even existing. The low monetary risk for publishers in releasing digital downloads this generation is allowing for some awesomely innovative stuff, as well as titles (like Yatagarasu and Chaos Code) that would probably never have left Japan otherwise. Basically, I see it as a necessary evil and if we don't embrace it we miss out on some awesome games.

But I would never ever buy a game I could buy at retail as a digital download. I even hesitate to buy games that should have retail versions but don't which is why I still haven't played DeathSmiles IIX.

As much as I have never been a fan of the series, the Killer Instinct reboot should definitely be a retail release. I really think it would sell just fine.

TheBurningPunch
reelmojo wrote:

I would much rather have physical copies of everything too. And I'm 31, so maybe it is an age thing. Still, if a physical copy doesn't exist I'll gladly take a download over the possibility of a game not even existing. The low monetary risk for publishers in releasing digital downloads this generation is allowing for some awesomely innovative stuff, as well as titles (like Yatagarasu and Chaos Code) that would probably never have left Japan otherwise. Basically, I see it as a necessary evil and if we don't embrace it we miss out on some awesome games.

But I would never ever buy a game I could buy at retail as a digital download. I even hesitate to buy games that should have retail versions but don't which is why I still haven't played DeathSmiles IIX.

As much as I have never been a fan of the series, the Killer Instinct reboot should definitely be a retail release. I really think it would sell just fine.

yea i just can't fathom that both XBone and ps4 will lack BC of older games too but there is a petition i found on SRK or event hubs i think that you can sign so double helix make it not only a physical disc along with it being digital.

i forgot the link lol

Jump to Forum: