Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 453
Thread Info
There are 51 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 20508 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What Manga Are You Currently Reading?
bojan4o
I am reading trough noblesse a web toon and the breaker newwaves a manhwa (korean comic book)
that's a second part of the breaker

i higly reccomend everybody here to read MONSTER master keaton 20TH CENTURY BOYS pluto ouroboros holyland SANCTUARY
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Chiba3010
Elfen Lied, following up by Shigurui: Death Frenzy.
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

Murikov
bojan4o wrote:
i higly reccomend everybody here to read MONSTER master keaton 20TH CENTURY BOYS pluto

A while ago I've read through 20th Century Boys as well, a fantastic manga in my eyes. Have you watched the live-action trilogy as well? I think the movies were quite faithful to the manga, the cast was superb too.

roberthood.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/20thcenturyboys-poster.jpg

Monster looks pretty interesting too, furthermore it's drawn by the same mangaka.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

bojan4o
Murikov i watched only the first two movies and planning to watch the third movie soon till nnow yea they were faitfull to the manga on one side but because they are movies on the other side there were some key points of the story left out (the try to assassinate the pope and etc...) bu the movies were great nonetheless
anyway those other mangas that you quoted were from the same mangaka (manga artist for those who don't know) and really good actually the other mangas that i wrote in my post are very similar to 20th century boys but not really similar its just the story telling is really good i mean they are not like your everyday mangas where the main character goes and fights stronger and stronger guys every 50 chapters (like the mainstrem mangas) i think you understand me
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Murikov
bojan4o wrote:
Murikov i watched only the first two movies and planning to watch the third movie soon till nnow yea they were faitfull to the manga on one side but because they are movies on the other side there were some key points of the story left out (the try to assassinate the pope and etc...)

Yup, true. The filmmakers made some significant changes to sum up the plot, especially in the third movie (you'll see). Therefore I still prefer the manga, but even then the movies are still really good (although I don't appreciate Japanese filmmaking of nowadays that much, I think Koreans and Hongkongese make a better job over all).

Another fantastic manga would be Eden: It's An Endless World. To put it in a nutshell, it's futuristic (but realistic), brutal, disturbing and thought-provoking as a manga can be. A criminally unknown masterpiece that deserves far more recognition than it gets. If anyone of you has a bit spare time to read through all 18 volumes (each over 200 pages!), you won't be dissapointed. If there's a modern manga that deserves to be made into a high budget anime la Akira, then it's that one.

i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/Manga-Anime/edenv13036nj1_zps379df883.jpg i1181.photobucket.com/albums/x434/Murikov/Manga-Anime/Eden_manga_example_zps50038531.jpg
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

bojan4o
Murikov japanese industry of film making is like that cuz japanese don't bother about films they use their money to make animes with that said you know why chinese and korean movies are better but they lack in the animation department anyway that looks like a great manga i will give it a go after my exams

Neorebel
Blade of the Immortal and Vagabond. I've been reading them for like 10 years now, both equally enjoyable.

rollinsonphilip
One Piece

https://huge-it.com/
RiKo
Just started reading the first Akira volume.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Murikov
I'm still reading the still-ongoing Berserk. I can't wait until the story continues this winter. What an epic story.

RiKo wrote:
Just started reading the first Akira volume.

Woah, brace yourself for some epic stuff. If you already liked the anime, you will absolutely love the manga, this I can promise you. Pray

While the Akira manga starts a bit slow, it gets utterly fantastic as soon as Tetsuo starts seizing the city.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

RiKo
Thanks mate. Definitely looking forward to it. I wanted to read some graphic novels and manga and this seemed to make most people's top 50 lists on the net.

It's very strange for me because I normally have a good memory but I watched the anime film years ago and actually can't remember much about it now apart from the part where a guy mutates and his arm kind of grows. Looking forward to finding out why this happens! Grin

Will have to check out Beserk after.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Jump to Forum: