Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: boogiepop
Thread ID: 453
Thread Info
There are 51 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 20391 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What Manga Are You Currently Reading?
boogiepop
Title says it all. Just like the anime thread.

I currently have subscriptions for Negima!, Battle Vixens (I hate that name), and Berserk and well as the very slow releasing Seraphic Feather, Shadow Star, and (the cancelled?) 3x3 Eyes. I enjoy all of them but Berserk is probably my favorite right now.

So how about you guys?
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Midian
I'm currently not reading any Manga at the moment, but I probably should check out some other series of the JoJo manga, and not only the one with Jotaro. Pfft
Edited by Midian on 15. August 2007 10:51
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Kazuya_UK
3x3 eyes is still running? I do have a couple of the mangas and loved the animes. I would love to actually read the series properly, but I would have no idea where to start or even where to get them from.

Kaz
gamercards.exophase.com/224299.png

http://www.neogeoforlife.com
Shiny
Currently I'm re-reading my old Blade of the Immortal GN's, I must admit that I haven't bought any new manga for ages.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Johnny99
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. Really need to get the new one asap. I'm thinking about getting into Yu Yu Hakusho and Ranma 1/2 next.
"All our lives we sweat and save, building for a shallow grave".---Jim Morrison

Raiken
Bleach, Naruto, One Piece, Yotsubato, Old Boy and D.Gray-Man.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

cthulhu
Bastard!!, Berserk, JoJo's Bizarre Adventure, Devilman, Neo Devilman and Amon: The Darkside of Devilman (although the last 3 are in Japanese, so I can't really read them...yet).
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

boogiepop
Kazuya_UK wrote:
3x3 eyes is still running? I do have a couple of the mangas and loved the animes. I would love to actually read the series properly, but I would have no idea where to start or even where to get them from.

Kaz

Dark Horse Comics had released a few volumes but I guess stopped at number 8.:(
I want more. Same as Guardian Angel Getten. I can't believe I can't read the rest of it now.

Neorebel
blade of the immortal and vagabond.

Yue
I'm currently into Vampire Knight and Ouran high school host club. Can't wait for the next volumes! I got one of my younger sisters into them too, hehe. They really are interesting you know.
C'est la vie

sukotsuto
Jojo's Bizzare Adventure, Cromartie High School and Crying Freeman are the ones I'm reading recently.

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
NEO GEO DRAGON
Fist of the blue sky vol.2. Awesome fighting prequel to Fist of the north star.

Shiny
So I've decided to start reading Naruto... I don't know why I've avoided it for so long, I love the anime, but I bought volumes 1 - 6 yesterday. Now reading vol. 4. Only about a dozen to go.

And when I'm done, Bleach I reckon.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/avbar5.png

Raiken
Shiny wrote:
So I've decided to start reading Naruto... I don't know why I've avoided it for so long, I love the anime, but I bought volumes 1 - 6 yesterday. Now reading vol. 4. Only about a dozen to go.

And when I'm done, Bleach I reckon.

The Naruto Shippuden anime bored me cuz it's so slow paced right now but I'm still keeping up with the latest chapters of Naruto. It's getting really good at moment. You should totally read Bleach as well Shiny. It's still got me hooked with the latest chapters too.
oi61.tinypic.com/ettchv.jpg

Midian
I'm considering buying the Devil May Cry manga/novels, and a volume or two JoJo and D.Gray-Man.
img386.imageshack.us/img386/9493/ballinqq8.gif

Spooky
The weekly Naruto manga. The story has gotten pretty interesting as of late. I went to Barnes and Nobles though and started reading some of the older manga books, those issues where Shikamaru's team fight the sound 5 are so good.
Long long ago, there were a man..

Yue
I'm still reading Ouran and Vampire Knight, now I'm also into Shinshi Doumei Cross (Gentleman Alliance), Naruto, Bleach, Honey Hunt, 7 seeds, D. Gray man, Hellsing, Skip Beat and lots of other shoujo manga....I'm getting a little to into this.

Anyone know any (VERY) interesting manga that's not particularly shoujo?
C'est la vie

sukotsuto
I now work at a Japanese import goods shop and we sell a whole library of manga there so manga is pretty much all around me Grin

@Yue: Recommendation? I don't know what you may like but one thing you should know, don't read what I read because my tastes are either weird, manly, brutal and ruthless, or a combination of those Pfft

Currently reading: Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, Cromartie High School and Garouden (well... scanlations and raws of Garouden)

http://www.abyssalchronicles.com
boogiepop
Yue wrote:
I'm still reading Ouran and Vampire Knight, now I'm also into Shinshi Doumei Cross (Gentleman Alliance), Naruto, Bleach, Honey Hunt, 7 seeds, D. Gray man, Hellsing, Skip Beat and lots of other shoujo manga....I'm getting a little to into this.

Anyone know any (VERY) interesting manga that's not particularly shoujo?

If you can handle the gruesomeness, Berserk is an incredible read.

cthulhu
Still reading Berserk, Jo Jo's Bizarre Adventure and Bastard!! (all three recommendations if you like your manga weird, gruesome or just plain funny and crude). Just finished Gyo a Lovecraftian horror manga by artist who did Uzumaki. Also read Uzumaki again...still awesome and watched the movie again afterwards which is also really good.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Jump to Forum: