Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: DarakuTenshi
Thread ID: 4508
Thread Info
There are 7 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1994 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Card Fighter Project
DarakuTenshi
I thought I might drop the video for you guys to see. I'm nearing the end of the redesign... it's been almost a year to date since I started the redesign, and I'm rather happy with the way it's been moving. Though I couldn't have done it without the people who have kept me going through encouragement and those who have been gracious enough for me to use their art. I only drew a few of them myself, but to get it where I originally envisioned the project I've still got a long way to go.

YouTube Video

DarakuTenshi
Sweet... I just had to share this. I got 6 prototype decks in the mail today.
fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn2/1082549_10200631936535241_17251046_o.jpg

reelmojo
This continues to be unbelievably awesome. I never could wrap my head around how to even play the DS game, but since then I've learned Magic the Gathering so I'm sure I could learn how to play now and playing with real cards sounds awesome.

Side note: as far as the videogames go I know I started with the wrong one so if I do decide to starting playing these games I'll definitely go back and play the NGPC versions.

DarakuTenshi
Yeah, the DS game system was overly complex compared to the NGPC games. I eventually learned the system, but the game was not as fun as the originals. Actually it took me a little while to get used to the Reaction system in the 2nd game, but I learned to love it very quickly. Check out Flavor's translation of the game if you are interested in playing it.

http://cfc2englis...gspot.com/

Also I bought one of his flash carts to play it on actual hardware.

shion
Wow, nice! How did I overlook this thread? I take it you are using original artwork to get around copyright violation? In any case, the original artwork is definitely a selling point. Not sure whom would pick these up (for example, I'm pretty content playing the games in cartridge form), but cool.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
SteveDave
Tobalman wrote: Not sure whom would pick these up (for example, I'm pretty content playing the games in cartridge form), but cool.

I, for one, would be most interested in obtaining a set.
Superb work DarakuTenshi, and all of your contributors. The entire project must've taken a massive effort.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

DarakuTenshi
Tobalman wrote:

I take it you are using original artwork to get around copyright violation? In any case, the original artwork is definitely a selling point.

That was the plan, but finding original work has proven to be very difficult. In the end I'd love to have every card with fan art on it, but I'm going to release it before then. This is not something that I'm selling and I'm using the name and and characters under the Fair Use Act. I'm not making any money off of advertising, this has all just been a love for the game and for my own educational use to make a more professional looking card game than the original two designs.

I'm going to be holding a contest (hopefully posting tonight at the facebook.com/CardFighterProject page) to give away the prototype decks that I had printed up to see what a finished product would look like. I'm also giving away the T-Shirts that I designed.

Jump to Forum: