Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Atomduck
Thread ID: 448
Thread Info
There are 16 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 4140 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
What games would you like to see SNK revive
Atomduck
If you ever saw a show on G4 called, Icons (or I believe it's called Game Makers) they did an Episode on SNK. One of the spokespeople said that "If our Fans demand it, we will bring back any of the old SNK franchises"

Now, that there is a next generation of game consoles with powerful hardware and more innovations, what old SNK franchises would you like to see a return of? some games I'd like to see are:

-Nam-75 (Perfect for Wii, with the pointing technology)
-Baseball Stars (once again, great for the Wii)
-Next Gen Art of Fighting (Since the games were incredible when they first came out, imagine a AOF game on Next gen systems)

I'd also be happy for a new Metal Slug but really disliking on what they did with 3d Metal Slug, I want it the same

-Atom Duck

Shiny
Last Resort baby!!

Or Ghost Pilots, Hell, any of the shmups would get my vote. Wink

Atomduck
agreed, Last Resort would look incredible even if was a reamake!

boogiepop
The sports titles. That'd be pretty cool to see.
Edited by boogiepop on 13. August 2007 19:03
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Atomduck
yeah, and it be great if alot of the mediocre sports games are good.

Atomduck
Come on! there has to be alot of good ideas SNK should remake!

boogiepop
Well... there's a lot of stuff that I want to see sequels of. It's just that I don't want Playmore touching it. I know it's a silly way to look at things but I somehow know the magic just won't be there (in the new installments).

Shiny
Playmore aren't perfect but at least they're trying to keep our beloved series' like KoF and Sam Sho alive. Take note Capcom and make with SF4 dammit!!

Anywho, on topic, aside from the shmups I've mentioned already I, like boogiepop, would love to see some 21st century Baseball Stars or Soccer Brawl. C'mon SNKP, you know it makes sense!

Atomduck
yeah good point you guys, I was so caught in the past I forgot the original SNK was Dead. I even have dreams of seeing a new Baseball Stars. If they do make a new baseball stars, and actually spend time working on it, it could be great.

merlin
I would love it if they brought out a new 2D game in the Fu'un series of Savage Reign and Kizuna Encounter. These games are both excellent but it's a shame no more games came out in the series. I did read somewhere that SNK did originally plan another game in the series: Kizuna Encounter Special Edition which probably was only a slight update adding a 4 player link option which would still have been pretty cool. I think it is extremely unlikely they would ever bring out a new Fu'un game but at least they included King Lion in NGBC.

boogiepop
Oh, there is something I'd also like to see and am perfectly cool with SNKP doing it. Sequels to all of the Neo 64 titles. A new Buriki would be quite nice, though I'd settle for ports too.
Aren't they doing a new Sam Sho like that?

Atomduck
yeah, they are making a new Samurai Shodown. There wasn't much at the trailer it just remakes the opening of the original. It's all over the internet. I Think a new Buruki would be nice, at first I really hated the controls but then I got used it it and thought it was a pretty good game.
Edited by Atomduck on 21. August 2007 13:20

TaZaR
I think they should make a new a King of Monsters. The idea of that game was something unique, and if they would put the whole thing in 3D and adding some new ideas, I'm sure it could be even a nicely selling game.
Also Garou/FF & AOF sequels would be interesting too. Personally, I think Garou's animation & graphic is quiet close to SF3 in quality. If they would just update that game for about 8 characters, and new backgrounds, I'm sure it would be still awesome. Cool

Goemon
Gekka No Kenshi is certianly in my top 3 fav. fighters, so... I think SS has been done to death (don't get me wrong, SS Tenka is perfect) and it's time to bring back LB. Maybe SNKP feels that they can't even find sprite artists good enough to continue the LB series. (I suppose we'll find out after KoF XII)
i3.photobucket.com/albums/y95/cockayus/goemonsig.jpg

TaZaR
I think the sprite artists of recent KOF games could pull out something like that, just they are not doing it, because it would look too nice compared to the other kof sprites. Okay, it's sounds a bit wierd but this is what I think. Cool

sotenga
I nominate an updated Pulstar that has all of the fun while toning down the suffocating challenge. On the flipside, I also want to see Blazing Star with the challenge raised by a bit. All will be right with the universe when that happens.

Jump to Forum: