Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 4476
Thread Info
There are 15 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2839 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
E3 2013
reelmojo
With the pre-E3 shows starting today I figure it's time we start our E3 2013 thread. We can use this thread to talk about general E3 news, but if you think something deserves its own thread, don't hesitate to give it one.

One of the big things that's piqued my interest so far is from Capcom. They've released their list of games they'll have at the show and they said they'll also be bringing a big surprise. Many people are guessing it's something to do with Megaman (such as Legends 3 being uncancelled) but my money is on a new fighting game. Their line-up only includes one retail game (Lost Planet 3) and not a single fighting game. So a new retail fighting game from Capcom? Street Fighter V? Darkstalkers 4? Capcom Vs. SNK 3?! We'll find out in a few days.

Other cool news that came out today: Kiefer Sutherland is playing Big Boss in Metal Gear Solid V. As a long time fan of the series I've always said that if they made a MGS movie Kiefer Sutherland would be the perfect choice to play Snake. Now he's actually doing it in a game and I couldn't be happier.

Other pre-E3 news:

Hatsune Miku: Project Diva F is coming to the west (did not see that coming!)

There will be a new Smash Bros trailer. Being co-developed by Namco is there any way a Digimon isn't going to be in this game? Also, I'm calling the name right now... New Super Smash Bros.

SquareEnix will unveil "the future of Final Fantasy" whatever that means. I just hope that FFVersus XIII is shown and that it has been rebranded Final Fantasy XV and is still a current gen title (that I can play this year, preferably).

Sony has promised to show 40 games across all three of their systems. What are the chances that one of them is The Last Guardian? Again, if they do show The Last Guardian I really hope it's still a PS3 game.

shion
Pardon my English, but it's the same shit over and over. New Capcom fighting game? Blah. Smash Bros.: you've played one, you've played them all. Square-Enix are a shell of their former selves. It's really sad to see companies focus on one big game than many, smaller, unique games. What if I don't like a company's big offering? (I'm SOL) I'm betting at least half of those 40 Sony games are FPSs and a dozen are sports.

I do hope something came out of that demo Capcom showed during the Sony conference (Dragon fighting), and it's not just vaporware. The Sega Spectrum sounds interesting, but knowing Sega's track record this past decade, it's probably just an official emulator. There's no way it can be a brand new console considering they just signed the next three Sonic games to Nintendo.

Overall, I'm very weary of things considering the directions the big console makers have decided to go. It's all become so corporate and impersonal. Hey, at least watching the console warz on Neogaf.com for the next few months will be entertaining.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
DarakuTenshi
New Capcom fighting game... I'd look forward to it if it happens.
New Smash Bros... one could only hope.
Square Enix... meh! I've been tired of them for a while now.

So I guess if this is what happens I could partially agree with you. I look forward to Nintendo franchises like Smash Bros, Mario Golf, Mario Kart, these games are always fun on every iteration.

bojan4o
So no SNK news?
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

NeoStrayCat
bojan4o wrote:

So no SNK news?
Nope, SNK is hardly a hit at E3. >_>
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
reelmojo
Yeah SNK hasn't been known to show anything off in recent years. Was KOFXIII even at E3 prior to release? Also, it's possible whatever their follow up to KOFXIII is isn't anywhere near ready to be shown yet. Plus, assuming their next big project is a fighting game Evo would be a great place to unveil it.

Then again, that mystery Capcom game could very well be Capcom Vs. SNK 3.

DarakuTenshi
If that's the case that would be a dream!

bojan4o
Evo is close so basically there will show the game if exist pretty soon
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

DarakuTenshi
Dang stupid Killer Instinct 3... I'm sold on the Xbox One.

-SD-
I'm quite happy with the software Nintendo have announced in their Direct presentation, it's just unfortunate most of it is due next year. I'm really surprised that Mario Kart won't be out this Xmas.

But Mario 3D World and Wind Waker will be out for the festive season, along with the new Sonic game, which looks awesome, and The Wonderful 101.
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO‚ÄĘGEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

DarakuTenshi
I've not seen the Nintendo one yet... I'm going to head over there and check it out right now.

marktheshark
I don't really care for either Sony's or Microsoft's conferences. Nintendo's was bittersweet if anything.

Pokemon X/Y - Although the game is fully 3D, the world still feels very cramped. Wouldn't be surprised if it's linear like Grandia 2 & FF13

Zelda: A link between Worlds - Turning into a painting is pretty stupid. The game in general just doesn't feel groundbreaking like the older Zelda games are.

SBB 4 - I'm quite interested in this. Nice to see that Nintendo is doing more for Megaman than Capcom did in the last 2 years.

Super Mario 3D World - I'm not sure how a multiplayer 3D platformer would work. It's nice to see characters having different abilities from one another. I hope Ninty incorperates this into 2D Mario also. Unfortunately, the game just looks boring and a bit too-slow. The cat power-up looks lame.

Mario Kart 8 - Does the series really need zero gravity tracks? That stuff belongs in F-Zero, NOT Mario Kart.

Pikmin 3 - I don't really this helping the Wii U out in terms of sales, but it looks interesting.

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - I'm mildly interested. Can't wait to see what Retro does with this game.

Monolith Software "X" project - Looks awesome. Nice to see more open world JRPGS.
www.theotaku.com/guru_results/2613_Wind.jpg

DarakuTenshi
Okay as I'm watching the video I'm typing this. Let me just say that even though Nintendo was missing from E3 this year for the big press conferences I think they still have best in show.

The only thing I'm excited about for Sony or Microsoft was Killer Instinct 3 and even that was a mild excitement. It does not look as fun as I would hope it to be.

But the previews of upcoming Nintendo games... man I can see many mind blowing hours of entertainment in those games.

RiKo
I havent seen any of the games yet, but i hope that Capcom game is Rival Schools 3 Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
reelmojo
The Capcom surprise game is Dead Rising 3, and it's an XBone exclusive. Admittedly, it looks pretty awesome. And that's coming from someone who's not really a fan of the first two.

While there has been lots to be excited about at E3 this year (and it's almost all on PS4 for me) Mirror's Edge 2 easily tops my list. I wouldn't have thought I'd be most excited by something at EA's conference!

I wish I had been wrong about Killer Instinct... especially since it's being developed not by Rare but by Double Helix, a studio "famous" for Front Mission Evolved and Green Lantern: Rise of the Manhunters. As an oldschool Rare fan (and I mean the NES days) I wish they had resurrected literally any other Rare property. Oh well, here's hoping Double Helix does for KI what Nether Realm did for Mortal Kombat with MK9.

Other things that look awesome: Metal Gear Solid V, Titanfall, X, Megaman in the new Smash Bros, Infamous: Second Son, The Walking Dead: 400 Days, Sonic Lost Worlds, Mirror's Edge sequel, Final Fantasy XV, Zelda: A Link Between Worlds, Super Mario 3D World, Destiny, Rain, Mercenary Kings, Batman: Arkham Origins, Crimson Dragon, Watch Dogs, The Crew...

Lots of stuff vying for my cash this year!

Also, while I normally don't give a shit about the war between Call of Duty and Battlefield I have to comment on it based on what we've seen so far. The first time we saw the new COD they showed us arm hair, a dog, and fish that know how to swim away from you (they presented that as if it was a new thing... seriously). When Dice showed off Battlefield 4 they immediately showed a battle in a sinking aircraft carrier, and a battle in which an entire skyscraper was destroyed in the middle of a multiplayer match. I think it's pretty easy to see which one was more exciting to watch. Hell, I'm almost thinking about actually playing Battlefield now!
Edited by reelmojo on 13. June 2013 05:33

Jump to Forum: