Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: RiKo
Thread ID: 4445
Thread Info
There are 28 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 5295 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Video Game Questionaire
RiKo
The answers will reveal......... absolutely nothing about your personality but will possibly be interesting to other people.

What was the last game you played?

What was the last game you finished?

The game with the best graphics ever is....?

What was the last game that made you laugh?

Favourite character in a versus fighter?

The 2nd best game ever is......??

Favourite music track in a video game?

Favourite Neo Geo game?

Most hated video game console?

and finally.....

What is the most embarassing game you own?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

will answer myself soon.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
DarakuTenshi
I'll bite!
What was the last game you played? - Card Fighter's Clash 2

What was the last game you finished? Super Mario Bros. Special

The game with the best graphics ever is....? This is a hard one to answer. I've been blown away by many games over the years, and this category seems to always get trumped. Here is how I will answer it though... I'm going with the most unique graphics - Killer 7 on GCN

What was the last game that made you laugh? - Honestly I don't remember. I'm sure it was sooner than this, but the one that sticks out right now is Conker's Bad Fur Day.

[img]Favourite character in a versus fighter?[/img] Ughhh... again a difficult one to answer. I'd say it's a toss-up. Ken Masters and Terry Bogard.

The 2nd best game ever is......?? - Super Mario Bros.

Favourite music track in a video game? That's an easy one! Zanarkand Theme by Nobuo Uematsu (FFX)

Favourite Neo Geo game? - So many to choose from, but this changes on a monthly/yearly basis. So right now my current favorite is Ganryu.

Most hated video game console? - I am such a VG freak that this is hard to pinpoint for my personal opinion. I like many of the conosles that most people say they hate (i.e. Virtualboy, CD-i, 3DO, Jaguar) and for the consoles I've never played I don't want to include them (i.e. Pin Pin, Gizmodo, N-Gage). So I guess even though it still holds a dear place in my heart I'll say Game.com.

What is the most embarrassing game you own? None of them are embarrassing, but if I owned this I'd have to say it takes the cake!
unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/boong-ga.jpg
Sure it's not a console, but man you have to be a perv to want this thing.
Edited by DarakuTenshi on 10. May 2013 02:59

reelmojo
What was the last game you played? Sleeping Dogs. I should probably be playing it now instead of answering this questionnaire actually.

What was the last game you finished? Guacamelee. I was sad that it was over. Incredible game.

The game with the best graphics ever is....? Ni No Kuni.

What was the last game that made you laugh? Sleeping Dogs, but I definitely laughed harder at Guacamelee.

Favourite character in a versus fighter? This question could be a thread in and of itself, and I could probably write paragraph after paragraph on the topic and never come to a single conclusive answer. My gut says Iori Yagami, so I'm just gonna go with him for now.

The 2nd best game ever is......?? Super Mario Bros. 2

Favourite music track in a video game? This is another question that I could write about forever. "Sign of Evil" from Doom was one of the first songs that popped into my head, so I'm just gonna go with that.

Favourite Neo Geo game? Garou: Mark of the Wolves.

Most hated video game console? N64. Not because it is inherently bad or has no redeeming qualities. It has a lot of great games. But it sometimes gets hyped up like it was some sort of golden era when it was really nothing more than gaming's first baby steps into 3D and many of the games people pour buckets of praise over do not hold up to scrutiny. So I guess it's more that I hate the N64 fanboys but the console is okay. Also, worst controller design for a mainstream console ever (unless you consider the Jaguar mainstream).

and finally.....

What is the most embarrassing game you own? I'm not sure I really have an answer for this one. Even the games that some people would laugh at in my collection (ie. the Burger King XBox games) I'm still happy that I own them. So I'll just answer this with a game that I will eventually own but don't yet... Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

DarakuTenshi
Sleeping Dogs was such a good game... just a bit too short.
As for DOA Volleyball I thought it was a fun game. I enjoy volleyball games though. After reading your post I realized I made a mistake on mine, so I had to go back and change it.

shion
Last game: Gunstar Heroes for Genesis
Last completion: Field Runners 2 for iPhone (Gotta give the English a thumbs up for this one)

Best graphics: very broad question... Daytona USA blew my mind back in '93 it was many years ahead of its time. Battle Arena Toshinden for PSX was awesome to have in your home back in '95, especially if you weren't exposed to 3-D graphics on computers prior. The Darkstalkers/SFA series had very cartoony graphics at a time when no one else could match them.

Game that made me laugh: Earthworm Jim 2 for Genesis the first boss encounter is a parody of Mortal Kombat. LOL
Fav. character: Geese Howard
Second best game: TNMT?
Fav. soundtrack: so many. I'd have to say Wonderboy in Monsterland as of the past few years. The Dragon's Trap has some kick ass sound too. Sega, Konami and Namco had great composers in general.
Fav. Neo-Geo game: Metal Slug with the blood turned on!

Most embarrassing game: well, they're in my possession, but I guess those games where the girl takes a bit of clothes off each time you do something right.

Least fav. console: probably N64. Hand on my heart, I can only think of three absolute must-plays: Mario 64, Ocarina of Time & Goldeneye. They delayed its release twice, without explanation (in Nintendo Power). This ruined the hype for people like me who were on board since day one. When it actually came out, it didn't live up to the expectations originally promised (Ultra 64).
Edited by shion on 10. May 2013 05:20

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
cthulhu
Here we go...

What was the last game you played? Asura Buster.

What was the last game you finished? Except for Asura Buster? Batman: Arkham City.

The game with the best graphics ever is....? Okami.

What was the last game that made you laugh? Either Gokujou Parodius, Akumajou Special: Boku Dracula-kun or Fantastic Pinball Kyutenkai...can't remember, it's a long time ago that I played these games.

Favourite character in a versus fighter? Zabel Zarock and Makaitaitei Fernandeath...can't choose between the two.

The 2nd best game ever is......?? Biohazard.

Favourite music track in a video game? Soy Sauce on Geese From RBFF2 and One Winged Angel (Orchestrated) from FFVII.

Favourite Neo Geo game? Waku Waku 7.

Most hated video game console? N64...horribly bland graphics, annoying controllers and just overall a bad console.

and finally.....

What is the most embarassing game you own? I personally don't think I own embarassing games, but if I had to choose one it has to be Chou Aniki...too weird for most people I guess.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Chiba3010

Last Blade 2

Fatal Fury

As far as visuals that "wowed" me at the time of a game's release, I'm going with Soul Calibur on the Dreamcast, and Resident Evil remake on the GameCube.

Assassin's Creed 2

Ryu

Ninja Gaiden (XBOX)

Don't know the name of the individual tracks, but Spencer Nilsen's score composed for Ecco the Dolphin on Sega CD is phenomenal.

Favourite Neo Geo game?

Real Bout Special, currently.

PS2. I'm a Sega fanboy. I've always disliked Sony's arrogance, and on top of Sega's own numerous mistakes and missteps which took their toll on the brand, Sony's buying out multiplatform titles originally in developmemt for the DC as well and turning them into PS2-exclusives (i.e. Soul Reaver 2), was the nail in the coffin for both the DC and Sega's presence in the hardware market.

Also, the 3DO was an ill-conceived, underutilized waste of tech.

Tao Feng: Fist of the Lotus (XBOX)
Edited by Chiba3010 on 11. May 2013 02:42
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

Zakatek

Thomas Was Alone

God Of War: Ascension, still have many games to beat but can't find the motivation.

I like 2d graphics better so Garou: MOTW

I don't remember:(

Terry Bogard

Resident Evil 4

Tekken 5 - Moonlight Wilderness

Favourite Neo Geo game?

KOF 98

None

I don't have one.
Edited by Zakatek on 13. May 2013 15:41

Murikov

FEZ. Cool game so far!

Sleeping Dogs too! I'm quite surprised the game has been mentioned here a few times. It was great to discover Hong Kong virtually, especially for a Hong Kong movie buff like me. But after completing it, I didn't feel as satisfied like when I was with Vice City. Too much lock boxes, too repetitive and a not so interesting mission design.

Can't beat the sprite-fest that Metal Slug is.

Chaos on Deponia. I mean, really cracking up, not just giggling.

Ralf Jones. I remember picking him up first when playing '94 for the very first time.

That question is killing me, but I'd say Counter Strike: Source.

Act on Instinct from C&C Tiberian Dawn.

Favourite Neo Geo game?

Metal Slug 2. Don't count in the slowdown though.

Xbox 360. Never really could understand the hype around it.

Monsters, Inc. for the GBA. What a waste of cartridge memory.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

RiKo
Really intersting reading everyone's answers Thumbs Up, thanks for answering. like the fav Neo Geo game answers especially.

Mojo wrote:- What is the most embarrassing game you own? I'm not sure I really have an answer for this one. Even the games that some people would laugh at in my collection (ie. the Burger King XBox games) I'm still happy that I own them. So I'll just answer this with a game that I will eventually own but don't yet... Dead or Alive Xtreme Beach Volleyball.

Cthulhu wrote :-I personally don't think I own embarassing games, but if I had to choose one it has to be Chou Aniki...too weird for most people I guess.

*Gulp* i own all of those. Sadly though I couldnt play the Burger King games because they were US region. I thought Sneak King looked great where you could sinisterly creep up on unsuspecting people and thrust a Whopper in their faces.

@Murikov I like that you chose Ralf as your fav character good choice! also Metal Slug for best graphics, that's what I went for

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

somewhat predictably Super Street Fighter IV : AE whichever version it is now.

Cyberlip (Neo Geo) about a year ago now maybe. I have to be forced to finish games and I only finished it because it was for the HSC here.

2D - has to be Metal Slug 1 (Neo Geo), beautiful sprites, backgrounds and animation
3D - the game that blew me away at the time most ever was DOA2 on Dreamcast but I am going to go for Jet Set Radio (DC) because it still looks amazing today. The sequel looked better in some ways but had a darker colour palette.

Space War (Vectrex) - 2-Player game with a friend, one of the funniest games I've ever played, just the odd way the ships move and the way you can run out of fuel and ammo, with bits falling off your ship. Lots of opportunities for comedy.

Juri, I love her.

Shenmue (DC)

The music for the first level (Green Hill Zone) in Sonic 1. Just the way it combines with the visuals to create an idyllic vidoegame setting. 2nd best is the full version of Megablast on the Amiga version of Xenon II. At the time to get a track of that high quality was unheard of.

Favourite Neo Geo game?

The hardest question here, because i don't really have one, but if you forced me I would say KOF 2002 or Breakers Revenge. Breakers Rev if you put a gun to my head.

The Amiga CD32, I have one, it looks horrible, has a cheap controller, most games don't play fullscreen. It is also very underpowered, I only bought one because it plays pretty much every Amiga game ever, and you can burn all the old ones onto CD which is pretty cool.

and finally.....

I had a Strip Poker game on the Amiga but it has to be Barbarian II on the Spectrum. As well as being a terrible game, the graphics are in very few colours and the main colour used is pink.

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/Barbarianb_zps7c9f57ee.jpg

Sensi
Killzone 3 (PS3)

Resistance: Burning Skies (Vita)

ICO (PS2)

Chaos on Deponia

Ryu

Shenmue 2 (DC)

Top Gear 2 (SNES)

Favourite Neo Geo game?
SS II (AES)

None

and finally.....

Biko 3 (PC)
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

Murikov
Sensi wrote:
Chaos on Deponia

What a coincidence! How do you like the Deponia games so far, Sensi?

RiKo wrote:
@Murikov I like that you chose Ralf as your fav character good choice! also Metal Slug for best graphics, that's what I went for

The music for the first level (Green Hill Zone) in Sonic 1. Just the way it combines with the visuals to create an idyllic vidoegame setting. 2nd best is the full version of Megablast on the Amiga version of Xenon II. At the time to get a track of that high quality was unheard of.

That's right, Riko, Ralf for president. Thumbs Up

As for Xenon II's main theme, I think you could thank John Carpenter for the catchy tune. Wink Again, incredible how popluar culture influenced games in the 80's and 90's.

YouTube Video

Edited by Murikov on 11. May 2013 16:40
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

DarakuTenshi
I've never played Barbarian II, but I had Barbarian for my old 256 IBM Compatible. I hated that you had to use the "F" keys to play the game instead of just letting people use the arrow keys... it made no sense at all!

RiKo
Murikov wrote :- As for Xenon II's main theme, I think you could thank John Carpenter for the catchy tune. Wink Again, incredible how popluar culture influenced games in the 80's and 90's.

ah i have seen that film but i dont remember noticing that!

Daraku wrote :- I've never played Barbarian II, but I had Barbarian for my old 256 IBM Compatible. I hated that you had to use the "F" keys to play the game instead of just letting people use the arrow keys... it made no sense at all!

The original Babrabrian was great at the time. On the Spectrum they kind of emulated a joystick on the keyboard but it meant you had about a zillion buttons to press because the diagonals had seperate keys. I can imagine F keys would be a nightmare!

@Sensi - good choice on Ico Thumbs Up

Chiba3010
Haha, very cool seeing Shenmue I & II ranked as "2nd Best Game Ever" by RiKo and Sensi. The only reason Shenmue didn't appear as my choice for that category is that it takes the #1 spot for me- Best Game Ever. Period. Grin

DarakuTenshi
I loved the first Shenmue game, but never could get into the 2nd one. It was a game that was way ahead of it's time, but also could not stand the test of time. If a third game ever came out I'd play it, but it's no longer even in my top 10. Back in 2000 it was probably ranked as number 1.

Chiba3010
For me, the Shenmue series will always rank amongst my favorite, most iconic gaming experiences ever. True, open-world sandbox gaming has become a densely-populated genre since Shenmue's release but at the time it was so powerful, different, immersive and groundbreaking that my experience playing it remains cemented in my memory and hasn't diminished in significance even though I haven't played it in over a decade. For these reasons, the legendary status it achieved in my mind will never be diminished. As for Shenmue II, I have the Euro Dreamcast release with English subtitles. I like it very much, nearly as much as the original but still haven't completed it due to a time-limited task sequence towards the very end which I've yet to pass. Still, by a small margin, the original holds the most magic for me.

Sensi
Murikov wrote:

Sensi wrote:
Chaos on Deponia

What a coincidence! How do you like the Deponia games so far, Sensi?

Indeed a coincidence, I thought I was one of the few on this planet who still enjoys adventures Wink
I liked the first game, but I wasn't impressed by it. After the second installment, I think it's growing as a serie, because the story became much more clear and I'm accostumed to Rufus and his silly jokes. Can't wait for the last episode to be honest (coming this fall). What's your opinion about it and do you play a lot of adventures?

Sensi
Chiba3010 wrote:

For me, the Shenmue series will always rank amongst my favorite, most iconic gaming experiences ever. True, open-world sandbox gaming has become a densely-populated genre since Shenmue's release but at the time it was so powerful, different, immersive and groundbreaking that my experience playing it remains cemented in my memory and hasn't diminished in significance even though I haven't played it in over a decade. For these reasons, the legendary status it achieved in my mind will never be diminished. As for Shenmue II, I have the Euro Dreamcast release with English subtitles. I like it very much, nearly as much as the original but still haven't completed it due to a time-limited task sequence towards the very end which I've yet to pass. Still, by a small margin, the original holds the most magic for me.

I bought the DC when it was already 'dead', I think it was 2005. I was able to buy the PAL version of Shenmue II and I played the game in june, 2006. I gave the game a perfect score (10, I write reviews). Even after all these years, I was blown away by it. Only a few other games were able to give the same magic feeling. And indeed, Shenmue 1 was one of them.
Maybe we can start a Shenmue Fan Topic on a Neo Geo forum Pfft

Murikov
Sorry for the Off-Topic, but...

Sensi wrote:
Indeed a coincidence, I thought I was one of the few on this planet who still enjoys adventures Wink
I liked the first game, but I wasn't impressed by it. After the second installment, I think it's growing as a serie, because the story became much more clear and I'm accostumed to Rufus and his silly jokes. Can't wait for the last episode to be honest (coming this fall). What's your opinion about it and do you play a lot of adventures?

Both games were great so far in my opinion, nonetheless I prefer the first one because of some details. In the first game the variety of locations was a bit more impressive (in Chaos on Deponia you spent a lot of time of the game just in the Floating Black Market alone, just think of all stuff you needed to do there). Some puzzles in Chaos on Deponia were a bit of a joke too, for example the part where you got the shoe from the fisherman just by waiting next to him.

But not saying that Chaos on Deponia was bad, not at all, especially the scenes with Janosch, the dolphins or the platypuses were unforgettable! LOL I'm really looking forward to Goodbye Deponia as well, it can't be bad! I mean, alone because of the characters, the animations, cut-scenes and dirty jokes it's worth getting it.

Because of Deponia I played a few other great Point & Click Adventures like Gemini Rue, Primordia, A New Beginning or The Whispered World. Worth checking these out! As a kid I used to play other adventures like Gobliins 2 or The Journeyman Project Turbo!, but that's far too long ago. Unfortunately never stumbled across the LucasArts adventures, if you're asking.
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Jump to Forum: