Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 4419
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2662 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
A new Chinese fighter with KOF characters in it.
reelmojo
Chinese company Tencent Games is developing a fighter for PCs called Xuan Dou Zhi Wang that many people have said is so similar to the KOF series that it's practically just a rip off. Well, not only did SNK not feel slighted by the game's similarities to KOF, they must have felt honored as they're now teaming up with Tencent Games and including Terry Bogard and Benimaru in the latest update of Xuan Dou Zhi Wang! The game is still in beta and no final release date has been announced, nor do we even know if it will ever see the light of day outside of China. Still, it's a cool oddity either way.

Story on Shoryuken

DarakuTenshi
I've seen this game on another forum, but had no idea about the SNK properties in it. That makes this game a bit more appealing to me now.

bojan4o
Well apparently they announced that more playble characters fron Kof are coming so get ready cause this smells like a crossover game and it would be nice
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Murikov
Really interesting news, in fact I'm looking forward to the final release (if it ever gets released in the Western hemisphere). I liked how the CEO's of Tencent Games and SNK Playmore celebrated their cooperation at a PR ceremony. Even KoFXIII's producer Kei Yamamoto was there!

YouTube Video

As for the game itself, which is called Xuan Dou Zhi Wang/King of Combat, it looks like a really blatant KoFXIII clone so far. Check the Athena clone for example.

YouTube Video

^ Also interesting that the Chinese developers are promoting the Liaoning by implementing it as a background stage...
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

reelmojo
The way the characters move seems to have a surreal stop-motion animation feel to it. I like it. The game does seem to play a lot like KOFXIII, but you know what game is awesome? KOFXIII! We could use some more of that! I'm sold. Bring it to the US please!

DarakuTenshi
Yeah I would so buy it... I'd rather a console release and not a PC game though.

bojan4o
Actually Xuan dou zhi wang is avaible for you to play on Pc you can download it and play it
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

DarakuTenshi
I tried figuring out how to install it, but they want you to install all sorts of other crap on your computer first. After I got that installed I couldn't even find the game.

reelmojo
Yeah, I've read a little bit about the hoops that you have to jump through to play it right now. Combine all of that with the fact that it's still in beta and I think I'll just wait for a proper release, like Tenshi said hopefully on consoles. I can wait, it's not like I don't have a ton of shit to play right now anyway.

DarakuTenshi
A ton to play and no time to play them:(
Edited by DarakuTenshi on 22. April 2013 20:22

Jump to Forum: