Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: DarakuTenshi
Thread ID: 4418
Thread Info
There are 1 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 572 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
DMG-01 Score!
DarakuTenshi
Well... I think it's a score.
A friend of mine told me her husband has a Gameboy in box and was wondering what it would be worth (among other version of GB including Color, GBA, Micro) all boxed. I told them the amounts that I felt was fair.

A couple days later after thinking about it I asked if I could see the DMG-01 and I couldn't believe my eyes. This thing is in mint condition, including the box. The styrofoam inside had a chunk out of it, but everything else is spectacular.

Then I pull open the battery cover... the original batteries still in the darn thing. And as suspected leaked all over inside the console. I had to pry the batteries out of there because they had been in there for so long. At this point I started thinking... this could be my opportunity to get this for a very low price.

He says to me, "Well there goes that idea." But, my honesty took over:( and I replied, "If you trust me to take this home I'll see if I can get it working for you." So I did just that. The damage from the batteries was mostly contained inside the battery reservoir. There had been flakes of dry battery acid inside the system but I was able to clean that out very easily.

After getting it cleaned up I tested it and the power came right on. But the screen was plagued by the vertical line issues that is very common on this model. So I pulled the screen out and pulled out my soldering iron and after a bit of patience I got the the screen working 100%.

Man, I was feeling a bit upset actually. So now I've got a working console that is in mint condition with the box that is almost mint, if it wasn't for that small chunk in the cover of the styrofoam. I bring it back to him... and to be honest I was hoping that he would have given me a discount since I got it working for him.

Anyway I offered $100 for it and he took the offer. He was going to let me take it tonight, but I told him to hold onto it until I give him the money. I hope this might give him a chance to drop on the price considering the service I did for him, or that his wife might convince him to drop the price a bit.

Either way, I'm very happy with $100 for this considering the condition. I'll get you some pictures once I have it in my possession. Now my other DMG in storage is going to be getting a facelift...

This is going to begin to get expensive, because I've got a DMG-01, GBC, and NGPC that are all in need of getting modded.

Jump to Forum: