Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: neoandy
Thread ID: 4389
Thread Info
There are 10 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2139 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Back where I belong
neoandy
Hello everyone, I've been "lurking" on the site for a long time, but I'm a life-long SNK fan. My wife and I just bought a 1-slot MVS with Metal Slug 4 and that prompted me to get back on this site and become active in the community again. We're picking the cabinet up this weekend and I will be sure to post pics.

Metal Slug 4 is my least favorite of the series, but I'm still looking forward to playing it. I've been warming up on the ps2 port in preparation. In the future, I'd like to get a copy of Puzzle Bobble as it is my wife's favorite and a nice, accessible game for guests to enjoy. Personally, I'd like to get a get at least one good fighter, shmup and sports game.

I grew up with KOF and I think that '98 is my personal favorite, but I have spent hours on every single one. If I had to choose a fighter other than KOF, it would be Waku Waku 7 or Breakers. As for shmups, I love Blazing Star. I could easily spend just as much time with Pulstar, Strikers 1945 or Prehistoric Isle II. Finally, we play hours and hours of Neo Turf Masters and would love to finally have a "pure" version to play, although our emulated version on DC is more than acceptable. Baseball Stars 2 is one that I've always pictured myself owning as well.

As for the rest of my collection, I have a large assortment of SNK ports on various consoles. I had a LARGE NGPC collection, but I left my system, official carrying case and about 15 games in a airport while traveling. The memory haunts me to this day. I have another Pocket and will probably build that collection back up some day as well.

Well, thanks for reading my long-winded intro. I'm happy to be back on the site and look forward to talking to you all in the forums.

Murikov
Glad to see you back alive and kicking, neoandy. Thumbs Up In fact we're happy about any newcomer or returning member who's up for any discussions, insights or thoughts about our favorite arcade system. Don't hesitate to post some stuff!

Sounds great that your wife seems interested in Neo stuff too, unlike other domestic partners we've heard of from other members. Enjoying Neo Geo games as a pair is much more fun anyway. Any other games you're thinking of picking up?
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

neoandy
I have never once taken the fact that my wife is a gamer for granted. She's not as hardcore as I am, but it would be difficult justifying some of the expensive game purchases if she was't a bit of a fan.

As for other games, I've been giving that some thought as I cruise around the net. I really enjoy Mutation Nation and could see myself pouncing on that if the price was right. I would also be interested in any Metal Slug. 3 is my favorite, but I love them all. I've been thinking about Neo Drift Out as well. That is a surprisingly addictive game.

If money were no object, I would look into the Neo Geo Dev Team games. Those guys are doing really great work. Unfortunately, I don't think I'll be able to play their stuff on anything but the DC. I am a student and I don't exactly have $500 lying around.

DarakuTenshi
Hey welcome back! You gave me the best idea ever, so I have to thank you for that. I've been wanting to pick up an MVS and my wife loves the Puzzle Bobble series. Though she is by far not a gamer, but there are the few games she really gets hooked on from time to time. You know the usual Mario Party, Tetris, Dr. Mario, and Puzzle Bobble. The most shocking to me was when she played through Vandal Hearts on the Playstation (has to be my proudest moment Wink ).

Nice to see ya, as though I've never met you before. I hope you stick around and I can't wait to see some pics of your cab.

neoandy
It sounds like we have similar situations. I definitely recommend using Puzzle Bobble as leverage. It worked beautifully for me. The best part is that it's hardly a compromise. I mean, who doesn't like Puzzle Bobble? I can't wait to play it on my own machine.

DarakuTenshi
Amen to that brother!

RiKo
Welcome back Bob you have good tastes in games Neoandy. Breakers and Blazing Star especially are 2 of my favourites.

neoandy wrote:- I left my system, official carrying case and about 15 games in a airport while traveling. The memory haunts me to this day.

Sorry to hear that:( I would be gutted. The lost property guy probably has very enjoyable breaks now :/

who doesn't like Puzzle Bobble?

I love it too but that music - once it enter my head, it never leaves. classic earworm.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
neoandy
I have had that music stuck in my head for 20 years. I still find myself humming it in the shower.

neoandy
Pics of my MVS posted in the "bought a new game" thread if you're interested.

LIFE_IN_2D
Welcome back. Hope you stick around.

We have chat meets around 0300 pacific time, on Sundays. It's hit-and-miss but you'll usually find a couple of us there.

About the NG DEV games, yeah buy a DC, that's the best route to go.

PS: Oh yeah, dewd, Mutation Nation is the cat's pajamas! Buy that shit.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Jump to Forum: