Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: vas
Thread ID: 4289
Thread Info
There are 8 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1969 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Back after so so long
vas
Hi, everyone i haven't been around on here for probably a few years kaz could probably tell you how long Pfft, i have acquired a wife and a child along the way , as my games collection got smaller as i sold a lot managed to keep hold of all my snk games on playstation ports but only left with one mvs cart and a 1 slot mother board:( but still here Grin .

anyways i am arranging a retro games night for my family and friends and would like some suggestion of what we could play, will be around 10 of us and i would like to get some real competition going and was thinking of 1 credit highest score wins , will have 3-4 pc's setup as i will have to emulate it all .... looking for around 10 game suggestions the most high scores wins game night basically but you will only have 1 credit . also will be having a 2 x ps3 setup for a end of night fifa tourney. but iam stuck on what arcade games to use doesn't have to be Snk game any games you would consider to be fun & fast .

thanks vas

LIFE_IN_2D
Hey Vas, nice to see a member return from a long hiatus.

I'd really like to suggest some games, but are you looking for 2P co-op type games? Perhaps 4 P? Or are you only looking for games that are good for 1P high score challenges?

Any particular genre your family or friends prefer? Beat 'em ups? Shooters ? Platformers?

Let me know, and I'll try my best to help.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

RiKo
Welcome back Vas Thumbs Up i remember your name. You def have to have a 2D shooter style game, something fairly conventional so people understand it. I think Viewpoint would be a good one. Also an old school game like Asteroids could work well for score attack. Those kind of games you don't have to do much explaining.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
vas
Thanks for welcome peeps, and suggestions. most of us are hardcore game fans , it's just were all different age's so our game taste are different iam 80's so bit of a beat em up whore , will have A N64 Dreamcast Mega Drive PS3/2/1 Wii and various pc's/laptops setup Rseat Evo v3 With a logitech dfgt force feedback wheel setup also a projector. just games iam struggling with .

so far shortlist i got is

Arcade High-score Challenge

Pacman
Puzzle Bobble
Metal Slug number?
Tetris

Vs Beat Em Up Arcade Knockout

Mortal Kombat 3
Killer Instinct
Street Fighter 2
WWF Arcade

Ps3

FiFa99 knockout cup
Fifa 2013 Knockout Cup
Granturismo 3 hour endurance race ( 15-30 mins drivers swap)

end of night Final game N64 bond Golden eye

What i would like is somebody playing something all the time no waiting around variety would be great shooters 2/4 players all suggestion welcome arcade racers especially if they have force feedback , a vertical shooter would look awesome projected also ... looking forward to your suggestion my brain powers all out cant think past games i just like Grin

merlin
Welcome back Vas. I do also remember you. Hope you will visit us more often.

Here are a few game suggestions from me: League Bowling and Exvania. The kind of games which almost everyone enjoys. League Bowling is perfect for a high score challenge and Exvania is very addictive with 4 players.

For a great multiplayer racing game I would suggest Street Racer for SNES. It has 4 player split screen mode. The rumble mode is really fun.

I fixed that Retroware TV video link you mentioned.

bojan4o
Although i don't know you but i have seen several posts of yours while i was digging around this forum and Welcome back
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Chiba3010
Welcome back, good sir! I appear to have joined NGFL during your hiatus, so it's nice to now make your acquaintance. Sad to hear you had to sell so much SNK gear, but such are the times we live in and life will change in ways that require sacrifice for a greater good. Glad to see your return to the forums. Wink
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

TF73
Welcome back! Our wife's makes us do all strange kind of things, like selling games in our collections. Can't live with them and can't live without themShrug

Jump to Forum: