Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: marktheshark
Thread ID: 4273
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2819 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I hate the future.
marktheshark
Am I the only one who hates the future? Job prospects are getting worse and worse for starters. The economy doesn't seem to get any better lately. Even people with college degrees have an incredibly hard time getting a job. I've heard stories in which unemployed college-educated people sent in many, many applications to many places, yet they are still empty-handed. Young people like me are no exception. I have a HS degree plus I spent some time in a few work programs (I'm in one right now), but I don't know if even that would be enough. My family may be economically well-off compared to the others. However, my mum is divorced for many years now and if she were to be either laid off or injured severely, she'll practically be done for financially.

Then there's the government. To be honest, I have a bad feeling that the US will very soon become a dictatorship. I don't really need to say much here. Anyone who's reading up on the govt's current doings should know what I'm talking about.

I wish I could move to another country. Problem is, I don't even have enough money to do so and even then, what should I do after I moved? From what I understand, it seems like a lot of countries are going through the same problems that the US has.

I really don't know what to do. I wonder if I should stay and make the best of the situation or if I should just move out and start a new life.
www.theotaku.com/guru_results/2613_Wind.jpg

TF73
I don't hate the future at all! Sure it doesnt always look so bright, but the economies will always go up and down. I remember back in the 80's and early 90's the situation was the same, but then things turned around again. There have been tough times in Norway also in recent years. But now it seems to go better again, but as always it will take some time. In Norway the unemployment rate is somewhere between 3-4%, so I guess we are kind of lucky at the moment.
When I finished my education in the early 90's I was sureI was going to be without any job. But out of nowhere I suddenly got an offer without even applying for the job. So you never know what will happen!

Hang in there, be optimistic to life and life will smile back to you!Smile

Salvio007
Move while you can!! Trust me, it aint getting any better than this..

This is NOT a free country anymore and you haven't seen anything yet!
I was thinking the same for a while and wanted to move to Italy but things are the same there..
If you have a trade, I would move to a different country and make the best of it there because the USA has no future..we're all F$%^ked and that's the truth my friend.

Taxes went up, Social security went up ridiculously and we won't even be seeing it.
Sad to say but this country has nothing to offer anymore. In a few years we will all be chipped, barcoded and controlled like robots. (we are seriously going there)

Even though I have a good job, I'd love to relocate to a different country and start fresh.
This will be the only option within the new few years...
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

cthulhu
Nope, I don't hate the future...yes, everything gets more expensive, taxes are going up, the age at which you retire goes up etc. But I have a great job without any danger of losing it, a decent income and am quite happy where I am at the moment. No problems here.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

RiKo
On the rare occasion where people have asked me which time period i would like to travel to I always say the future beacause we have come some so far in the last 100 years, I just want to see where we end up. Some of the things we have now are like magic to people of the past.

I do agree there are a lot of bad things like not many jobs, but thats just the current economic climate. i do think people are more isolated now and people are generally suspicious of each other. Theres less community spirit than in the past, on the plus side we have lots of cool things to save us work, and its hard to imagine doing without the internet now. We also have a huge range of fresh food to choose from and its cheap too.

As for games consoles and games they are cheaper than they have ever been. If you account for inflation some of the consoles and computers from the past cost an absolute fortune! However I do hate how games are becoming like films, I am not sure why they do this, make them like games as we already have films.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoStrayCat
On the contrary, we know times change, and that's the sort of thing we have to deal with.

Just take things one step at a time, deal with it, and live life to the fullest.
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
bojan4o
Why would we want to hate the future we need to work and fight for a bwetter future what we should hate is the present(not talking about your own present but the world as it is now but on the other side nothing have changed since the birth of human kind we only want. more and more and we end up making wars injustices and etc etc like that
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

LIFE_IN_2D
Yeah, the job market sucks here in the US. Unfortunately, I too am pessimistic about it. The situation is bleak, but all you can do is not give up and keep yourself sharp. For example, I'm currently studying for a huge professional exam to become a certified Civil Engineer. This, I hope, will better my life and provide me with some stability.

Just don't give up Marky, remember..."What matters most in the end is how well you walk through the fire..."

Times are dreary, and hope is hard to come by, but remember the resilience of the human spirit, it lives in us all. Sometimes we need to rekindle it ourselves.

Ok, I'm just sounding overly dramatic. I'll shut my yap. Pfft

PS: The US Government is slowly morphing into "Big Brother", I hope I'm dead and forgotten before it gets there. If not, I'll be in the front line against it.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

DarakuTenshi
I don't know why I didn't see this post before, and I usually don't like talking politics... but yes I totally agree. The lies that Obama spreads with all the false hope that he has been brainwashing the American people with has got to stop. When are people going to open their eyes to what he is really doing to this once great nation! He's keeping the poor people poor, and bringing down the rich with them. Taking away our freedoms one piece at a time and destroying the economy though poor leadership. Honestly I don't think it's something that he is doing accidently either... I'm sure his plan is falling right in line. He has been destroying the United States since day 1, and people worship this pitiful excuse for a man - let alone for a president.

By the way... The Future Is Now!

bojan4o
To Daraku Tenshi: you think that if somebody else comes it will be better? no it won't cause all goverments around the world are ruled by the rich people the goverments are actually there cause of the rich people (the higher class) so whatever they say he/she will do its not to blame one person but to blame are all people living in one country cause they are not doing anything about it although its so obvious what's going on...
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

DarakuTenshi
Yes I do think it would eventually get better rather than gradually worse. You have to start the healing somewhere... like these 29 new government programs that Obama says will not increase our debt? Just like Obama Care wont increase our debt.

So... yeah I think it would be better with someone else. Someone who is not a complete idiot. But, then again I don't think Obama is that dumb, he knows what he is doing. The Divided Social States Of America will rise if this monarchy continues.

Jump to Forum: