Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Bullet
Thread ID: 4262
Thread Info
There are 8 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3915 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
I can't find a specific answer to this question.
Bullet
I have a large 42 inch sony trinitron wega crt tv that I keep for retro gaming as old games look terrible on hd televisions. So, my problem isn't with color but with a slight warping of the image, now this is a flat screen crt so it's not due to the roundness of the monitors surface, but a warping up of the displayed image. Now it seems like the degaussing may fix this issue due to it possibly being caused by magnetic interference, but i don't want to spend the money on a degaussing coil if I don't have to as my mvs monitor is perfectly fine at the moment and this is not a need to fix, but a hey I'd like to fix type of thing.

anyway, here is a pic of the effect it has on the tv.
If you can direct me to someone fixing that specific problem or noting it specifically, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/TheKingofFighters94_img4_zpsacb70057.jpg
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

DarakuTenshi
I had a TV that did that too... I don't remember the terminology used to explain it, but there was a setting in my TV that allowed me to adjust that. I'm assuming that you already checked your settings, if not try that.

Bullet
Yeah, its not a settings on the tv issue. My fear is that its a cap or something more serious. I really like the tv as its pretty high end for a crt and it'd be a shame if it crapped out, but it is currently just annoying me at the moment.
I just like the option of playing the SD systems on a quality SD tv.

Its just so big and heavy that dragging it to a repair shop seems like more trouble than its worth. lol

candycab
Can't say for sure degaussing will help here but it's always worth a try and certainly couldn't hurt. If you have a power drill that plugs into the wall it will work as a crude degaussing coil. Hold it sideways while running the drill close as you can get it to the CRT then spiral from the center out as you would with a coil.
I spent most of the eighties, most of my life, riding around in somebody else's car, in possession of, or ingested of, something illegal, on my way from something illegal to something illegal with many illegal things happening all around me.

James Newell Osterberg, Jr

"Last screw is hidden under a warranty-voiding sticker. Darn, cant return this thing to the store - guess Ill just have to make a laptop out of it!"

Ben Heck on PS3 Slim

Bullet
Unfortunately , I only have A few dremels and small hand drills for arcade cab work and other custom projects and their magnets aren't strong enough to effect the tv, but I do appreciate the suggestion candy cab.

I'll prolly just buy a degaussing coil as I'll likely need one at some point anyway.

Salvio007
I can confirm Candycab's advise works like a charm!!

I recently opened up a thread about my NEO-Cab CRT having a Red or Green tint come up constantly throughout my entire screen but would go away only to come back again.
I was getting ready to have fellow co-worker who's an electronics expert come by to take a look and then read this thread.

Plugged in my Ryobi electric screwgun and worked immediately and I followed his directions!

Thank you pal! Saved me a heartache!!

Clap
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

cthulhu
Salvio007 wrote:

I can confirm Candycab's advise works like a charm!!

I recently opened up a thread about my NEO-Cab CRT having a Red or Green tint come up constantly throughout my entire screen but would go away only to come back again.
I was getting ready to have fellow co-worker who's an electronics expert come by to take a look and then read this thread.

Plugged in my Ryobi electric screwgun and worked immediately and I followed his directions!

Thank you pal! Saved me a heartache!!

Clap

Glad to hear that your monitor only needed degaussing, hopefully Bullet's monitor problems are as easily solved as yours.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Salvio007
Glad to hear that your monitor only needed degaussing, hopefully Bullet's monitor problems are as easily solved as yours.

Thanks bud!

S
25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

Jump to Forum: