Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: STE C
Thread ID: 4249
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 3192 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
2012 HOW WAS IT FOR YOU
STE C
Well its that time of year again for the usual Ste C end of year post, sorry I havent been on much lately I do still visit the site daily but I guess ive ran out of NG subjects but I will try and post more next year regarding games in general.

2012 THE BAD

Had operation in sensitive area that was pretty unpleasant and frustrating.

Loosing my temper with Far Cry 3 and smashing the game box with a hammer also cracking kitchen tiles in the process ( no game has ever pissed me off like that) overrated hugely as a game.

Back/minor health issues ( could be worse )

job insecruity

no next gen XBOX/PS , the Wii U is of no interest to me.

the constant f*cking rain that has ruined my walking/cycling.

Nintendo releasing another pile of sh*t in the Wii U.

so not to bad then.

The UK economy is still screwed and keeps letting immigrants into our little country stretching the health service and bleeding it dry. Charity begins at home you f*ckwitt politicians.

lame music

THE GOOD

Got a great gaming pc as I am sick of waiting for new consoles, great stuff I did not realise how better gaming is in 1080p 60frs. Defo keep me happy until the next gen.

Still got job despite retail dying.

Max Payne 3, Sleeping Dogs, Sniper V2, Black Ops 2, Dirt Showdown , great games this year.

Marriage is good

Good health

80s Matchbox B-Line Disaster reform

rumours we will probably see new consoles in 2013.

a fast year and by no means a classic in the Ste C world.

post away guys/gals

NeoStrayCat
The Bad:

Random shit that gets me pissed off every now and then, nothing much really...

The Good:

Random shit that gets me in a good moon every now and then, nothing much really...

In short, nothing much, every day is either good and/or bad. Depending on the situation. :3
card.exophase.com/1/712966.png

http://www.youtube.com/user/NeoStrayCat
cthulhu
A pretty good year with some highs and one really low moment.

The bad:
Got in a fight with my brother over a misunderstanding and he attacked me...I consider him to be dead and not my brother anymore.

The good:
No deaths in the family this year.
I got into buying Arcade games again.
No more shit from my ex-brother anymore.
Graduated from a 1,5 year education and became a Pathologist's Assistant officially.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

merlin
Good to see you posting again too STE. I noticed you haven't been around much lately. I hope you won't have any more health problems this coming year.

STE C wrote:

Loosing my temper with Far Cry 3 and smashing the game box with a hammer also cracking kitchen tiles in the process ( no game has ever pissed me off like that) overrated hugely as a game.

Wow. Shock

I just ordered Far Cry 3 from Amazon. How come you're finding the game so frustrating?
Looking at metacritic I see the game got very good reviews from both critics and users.

2012 was mostly quite uneventful for me. Still taking some time out from working which is nice but I feel I could have achieved more with all that free time.

The highlight of the year was going back to the Netherlands again with my brother, his wife
and my two nephews. It's been quite a few years since I've been there and it was nice to see my relatives again.

I was very pleased to finally complete my PGM collection and also buy a few more lovely
Capcom PCBs.

I've become interested in amateur astronomy this year and have been doing quite a lot of
reading and observing. I'm still a beginner and have a lot to learn. Really enjoying it though. Going to buy my first telescope in the next few months which I'm excited about.

reelmojo
2012 was a good year. Lost an old girlfriend, got a new one. Still got a good job, and still collecting the fuck out of video games. I added a few great classics to my collection this year, and really started fleshing out my Genesis collection to something more impressive. In fact I started focusing on the Genesis almost singlemindedly now so this time next year the collection will hopefully be quite a bit bigger.

Game of the Year: The Walking Dead
Song of the Year: Psy - Gangnam Style
Best old game I discovered this year: Steel Empire (Genesis)

EDIT: Changed my GOTY because apparently I was brain dead when I originally posted this.
Edited by reelmojo on 01. January 2013 06:05

Murikov
2012 was a blast of a year for me. Not only that the world fortunately didn't end (lol), everything else worked out fine as well.

2012, The Good:

- Finally got my vocational baccalaureate, after a year of sweat and long nights of studying
- Basic training of my Military service, again a lot of sweat and fatigue but overall a very good experience
- Got a job right after military service, seems great so far
- Got a new Gaming PC for all my special needs
- Family and friend-wise almost everything turned out well, no health problems so far
- Got motivated for doing more than just hanging around at home
- But nonetheless experienced great video games, movies, books or new albums

2012, The Bad:

- Still no girlfriend (well, I think that sums up my only real problem so far)
- No new additions to my AES collections
- No S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2

Highlights in 2012

Game of the Year: Deponia along with its sequel Chaos on Deponia
Honorable mentions: Primordia, Sine Mora, Legend of Grimrock, Analogue: A Hate Story
Best movie seen in 2012: City of Life and Death, My Way
Best book discovered: The Cthulhu-related works by H.P. Lovecraft

reelmojo wrote:
Song of the Year: Psy - Gangnam Style

^This!
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

RiKo
It's interesting reading about everyone's years. Sorry to hear so many of you guys have been in bad health or had problems.

Highlights of the 2012

My 3DS! possibly my fav handheld ever, even more so since you can download mono-Gameboy games on it (my prev fav handheld) + finally i can save original Tetris high score table! oh and it's in 3D which improves the gameplay *a lot* in some games (Pilotwings for example). Although in others it's pointless (Street Fighter 4)

S. Street Fighter 4 (360), still love to play this, one day i will get good. and it's the 2012 version so it fits nicely.

Zarch (Virus) - they don't make games that are impossible to play anymore but they should, because it's very satisfying when you finally get good at them. Like this game.

Super Mario 3D Land My fav Mario since Mario World. It's easy (why so many lives?) but it's great, full of variety and it's good fun seeking all the medals out.

Bad Things in 2012

Mainly the dentist aarrgh! i can't have injections (allergy), but i have had a root canal and 5 fillings this year. In all honesty not that painful so far but lying in the chair waiting for it to hurt is scary. and to add insult to injury i have to suffer an allergic reaction to the filling after it is in my mouth. which can last for up to 2 weeks. *and* i pay a lot of money for this!

Mario-Boss-Syndrome - the first boss (fake bowser) in Mario 3D Land is great but pretty much all the others are the same and stupidly easy. Remember how you used to jump over all the bosses on the original games and jump on a switch to kill them. Why is Nintendo so bad at coming up with decent bosses in Mario games when it is great at everything else?
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
LIFE_IN_2D
Well, I'm with Murikov, still haven't found a solid girlfriend. I made an honest effort to go out-and-about as much as I could, this past year. Had a few flings, met a couple of cute girls, but nothing meaningful came of any of it.

That's a major failure on my part, my personality is too overbearing and brutally honest for most women. Now that I'm pushing 30, I'd better step on it if I want to find a girl that isn't a total wreck. In the USA, it's very hard to find a girl that is not a fucking nut-case.

Gaming wise, I've found a few good buddies to play with every so, often. I've pretty much become a totally social gamer, playing video games solo is quite depressing these days. Aside from playing games with buddies, one of my favorite things is to play the classics (such as Final Fight, Metal Slug) with my nephew.

So, in short, 2012 wasn't that bad... but... it could have been better if I got off my arse and tried a wee bit harder to pursue romantic endeavors.

PS:
I'd like to apoligize, formally , to Neo-Geo Man and any others I might have offended this year. It's no secret amoung older members that I'm a major asshole, pain and simple. I'd like to say that I'm sorry and I hope that all that crap I spouted can be forgotten, with the turn of a new year. Cheers.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Chiba3010
2012 and I... We are not on speaking terms.

The BAD: Horrible, horrible, HORRIBLE employment experience, carried over from 2011. Spent much of the year looking for a solid veterinary technician position. Finally found a very good spot only to be let go some months later for purely financial reasons. The hospital I worked at fired one of their three doctors and let the two most recently hired technicians go as well to avoid being overstaffed. Guess who one of the two staff members to be cut was? Currently looking for work (again) with two potentially interesting prospects. I expect a low-ball offer from one of them which I'll likely have to turn down for not meeting my "bottom line" which keeps the bills paid.

Foot injury sustained over the summer took months to fully heal.

More cold and flu contractions than I can remember ever experiencing within a year's time (probably due to all the weird weather patterns).

Low productivity in my creative endeavors.

Not as much time for gaming as I'd like to have enjoyed.

A town along the New Jersey coast I spent many childhood summers in literally wiped off the map by hurricane Sandy.

The Newtown School shooting in general, as well as it affecting a number of people I know personally.

I'll just stop there.

The GOOD:

A wonderful marriage to a wonderful little lady.

My wife graduating law school (she'll be taking the bar exam in two months).

Generally good health of family and pets.

Enjoying my new job for the short time I had it.

Moderately expanding upon my AES and Atari Lynx libraries.

Enjoying the handful of paintings and two model kits I was able to complete.

The Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall and Prometheus hitting theaters the same year.

Overall much to be thankful for, but dear god- the employment situation has been an unrelenting nightmare that at times demanded extra effort in order to fully enjoy almost everything else. Thumbs Down

I remain faithful that 2013 will be a better year with more positive developments. I'm glad to hear that some fellow members had a better time last year than I did! Smile
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

RiKo
Chiba 3010 wrote :- The Dark Knight Rises, Skyfall and Prometheus hitting theaters the same year.

i missed Skyfall but Dark Knight Rises was my film of last year. Prometheus i enjoyed but i was slightly disappointed after all the hype. The Avengers was good though!
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
bojan4o
i agree with several guys on here about girlfriend no matter as much as i hard i tried i didnt get a stable relationship all the girls i met just wanted a quick sex or just sex or just making out and goofing around nothing serious whyyy?( well looking on the bright side at least i had girls Pfft )

bad things:
was sick most of the time cuz of my job
no aes this year either. i was planning to buy mvs too or some arcade goodies nothing and no stable relationship...
a lot of big movies were disappointing for me (Avengers etc.)

good things
i quit my job yeaaaa the best thing that ever happened to me in the last year
then i found a new job and quited that one the other best thing that happened to me last year
and finally i started studying going to university to become a detective/inspector (studying about criminality forensics or whatever its called on english)
there were 80% girls of my year and they are all young 18 19 and i am 22 already as you know i am not old but still i get to have some young flesh lol
bought a new cell phone been to many weddings met new people and had a blast of a new year sleeping with 2 girls at the same time lol haha

well to sum it up it started bad but it ended in a blast awesome blast great ok thats all for now
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Jump to Forum: