Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 4248
Thread Info
There are 33 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 12899 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Merry Christmas NGFL and happy bd. Jesus
LIFE_IN_2D
@ SGFX : Can't tell if you're seriously offended or if you are pulling my leg. Either way, go to hell, you sod.

@ DK - I didn't mean for that image to be offensive at all. In fact I don't see how such a stupid and nonsensical picture like that could offend anybody. Sorry, I didn't know we had any very sensitive Christians at NGFL, or I'd not have posed that completely ludicrous image. When I see Jesus cradling a baby dino, I think "WTF?!" not "what an awesome way to visually say 'fuck Christianity.' "

In short, sorry for being an inconsiderate asshole...
Edited by LIFE_IN_2D on 28. December 2013 01:01
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

Supergrafx
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:

@ SGFX : Can't tell if you're seriously offended or if you are pulling my leg. Either way, go to hell, you sod.

LIFE_IN_2D we both know only one of us is going to hell and it isn't me. Good fun loving,video game playing,god fearing christians like myself are going straight to the almighty's arcade in the sky when we leave this world. Chodes such as you will be getting his nuts BBQ'd daily down in satan's cesspool for inconsiderate assholes.

sanny_torkilsson
A little bit late but Merry Christmas and a happy new year to all of you Joe

www.aikhockey.se
cthulhu
Come on, get a sense of humor! Why do a lot of so-called devout religious people take everything so extremely serious and get offended by anything, not everything is meant to offend.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Supergrafx
cthulhu wrote:

Come on, get a sense of humor! Why do a lot of so-called devout religious people take everything so extremely serious and get offended by anything, not everything is meant to offend.

Quite obviously you don't know that me and LIFE_IN_2D are very good friends and will often take the piss out of each other here. My sense of humor is very dry while LIFE_IN_2D's is more droll and very gay oriented. To be honest i think all religions are stupid and should be ridiculed at any opportunity.Headbang 2

LIFE_IN_2D
Still laughing at the 'BBQ'd nuts' bit.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

cthulhu
Quite obviously you don't know that me and LIFE_IN_2D are very good friends and will often take the piss out of each other here. My sense of humor is very dry while LIFE_IN_2D's is more droll and very gay oriented. To be honest i think all religions are stupid and should be ridiculed at any opportunity.Headbang 2

Nope, didn't know that...you did come across as being quite serious...good job fooling me!
I'm a bit sick and tired of over religious people and I used to be pestered a lot on the streets by bible pushers trying to convert me (which is useless because I'm a agnost). Even in Japan me and my wife were bothered by Jehova's Witnessess. That's the reason why I may over react to posts like that (sorry about that).
My arcade stuff

Supergrafx
cthulhu wrote:

Nope, didn't know that...you did come across as being quite serious...good job fooling me!
I'm a bit sick and tired of over religious people and I used to be pestered a lot on the streets by bible pushers trying to convert me (which is useless because I'm a agnost). Even in Japan me and my wife were bothered by Jehova's Witnessess. That's the reason why I may over react to posts like that (sorry about that).

No problem, even LIFE_IN_2D has difficulty picking when i am serious or just taking the piss out of him. I also have an intense dislike for Jehova's Witnesses too as they usually come knocking on your front door fairly early on a sunday morning. The more abuse you throw at them seems to give them some kind of determination to convert you to their religion and they just keep coming. I had a rather amusing incident with a group of them one sunday morning that seems to have got me blacklisted as they have never been to my house since.

One sunday morning i was home alone and asleep totally nude when i heard a knock at the door. I got up and threw my robe on trying my best to hide the usual males "morning glory" hard on and answered the door. There were 4 of these Jehovas Witnesses there (a man and what i presumed to be his wife as well as two teenage girls) all smiling and asking after my health etc... The man went straight into his spiel about how bad things were in the world and how i could be spared all of this by believing in Jehovah etc etc....He then offered me some of those magazine things that they like to hand out and i reached out to accept them only for my robe to fall open displaying a half mast mongrel to all before me. Well all hell broke loose with this guy doing his best to cover the eyes of the teenage girls and yelling at me that i was some kind of devil. His wife just stared at my rude bits and i'm assuming she had quite possibly not had such a sight before her eyes in a long time.

After they left i returned to bed still chuckling about what had happened which had been in all honesty not a deliberate act on my part. An hour later there was another knock on the door and i was confronted by two policemen wanting to have a chat regarding a complaint they had received about my earlier behavior. I invited both of them inside and told them exactly what had happened which prompted the 3 of us to have a damn good laugh about it.
They left shortly after and i never heard anything more about it nor have i ever had another visit from the Jehovah's Witness's.

cthulhu
Ha! That's really funny. Now you know you can actually be added to a black list and then they won't come over again. At least the woman appeard to have had some fun. Never had them at my door, but I had when I was living at my parents, even some mormons... those guys were really scary, two blond guys that appeared to be clones of each other with name tags so you can differentiate one from another. Don't get me started on Hara Krishna freaks...
My arcade stuff

merlin
No offense to anyone but I find it quite funny that people thought SGFX was being serious. Extremely unlikely that he would have have been 'deeply offended' by that dino picture. Grin

DarakuTenshi
LIFE_IN_2D wrote:
@ DK - I didn't mean for that image to be offensive at all. In fact I don't see how such a stupid and nonsensical picture like that could offend anybody. Sorry, I didn't know we had any very sensitive Christians at NGFL, or I'd not have posed that completely ludicrous image. When I see Jesus cradling a baby dino, I think "WTF?!" not "what an awesome way to visually say 'fuck Christianity.' "

You know LI2D - Something like that may be offensive to some, but I'm not offended. It takes a lot to offend me. I was simply stating that things such as religion are shunned on forums, yet things like that are still allowed.

I see no reason to retaliate. You have your views and I have mine... I may want to share my views with other people I'm not one to force feed it to anyone. Just as you have the right to share your views as well. I have no reason to attack back because words (or pictures) can't physically harm me, nor is it going to change my views.

Don't worry we're cool.

(BTW it's not the picture that is offensive it was the comment with the picture that was more offensive).

In the words of Duke Nukem Wink
assets.diylol.com/hfs/c11/07c/6d7/resized/dukenukem-meme-generator-the-duke-says-let-god-sort-them-out-cc3448.jpg

cthulhu wrote:

I'm not out to slander and bash any of your belief system or lack there of. But, just to get it out there cults like Jehova's Witnessess I don't even consider a religion. I understand where you are coming from, about being "bible thumped" because it's what Christians endure day in and day out from the non-believers. Non-believers get some witnessing done to them from time to time, but it's nothing like what happens to believers.

-------------------------------------------------------

Each one of us here at NGFL have a common ground in which we stand... we each have our views on certain topics and there is no way that a large community will ever be 100% compatible.This is also why discussion like this is forbidden on forums to keep topics like this one from getting out of hand. I learned long ago that Christ was hated by the world and it because of that hatred towards him that has caused the hatred towards Christians who follow him. And yes there are other factors in there such as Christians who live a life that is so hypocritical, just as the Pharisees did. I can't say that I blame those people who are angry at Christians like that, but not all Christians are like that. It's sad that we all have to be lumped in to one basket.

Anyway guys, thanks for listening. Let's stick to our common ground rather than trying to cause dissension between us.
Edited by DarakuTenshi on 03. January 2014 18:27

shion
Worst general discussions: politics and religion. That's why I always keep it about food and clothing with pretty much everyone.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/1stTobalMan/contribu
priest
Im surprised that no-one was offended by my Thor pic, at least no-one have expressed any such feelings in the forums...

...The purpose wasnt to offend anyone, after all...
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
Jump to Forum: