Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: Henrythefirst
Thread ID: 4202
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2855 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
You are a collector or a gamer....
Collector only wanna see and own the boxes and stuff Collector only wanna see and own the boxes and stuff 0%[0 Votes]
Gamer this things are made for using them Gamer this things are made for using them 50%[7 Votes]
Both of them a lil Both of them a lil 50%[7 Votes]
Total Votes : 14
 Print Thread
What you are? A collector or a gamer
Henrythefirst
I read a lot on ng.com and i wonder if this guys play the games or only see them like articles for trading. Whats here? You using the games and enjoy them or you more in collectimg them? I really play a lot the games i own.You?

Coligion
Recently, I've definitely been more of a collector. I haven't really sat down in a while and gotten engrossed into a game. I recently acquired Magician Lord, but I have not gotten myself motivated to try play through it yet. Previously, I would play a lot of multiplayer on the Neo. I'd have friends that would play 18 holes of Turf Masters with me and also a fair share Windjammers. I also used to have large numbers of people gather to play Twinkle Star Sprites.

DarakuTenshi
Yeah I'm with Coligion. I used to be a hardcore gamer, but for the past couple years because of my job and now because of school I've become mostly a collector. About the only thing I play is Neo or other short games on my 3DS.

Henrythefirst
The most people here will have the system and games for a long time and only play once in a while i see.

cthulhu
Both a gamer and a collector. Collecting games without playing them is a waste of money in my opinion. A have an obsession for rare and expensive games and also for arcade games that weren't released on any console (I have a few). I've spent huge amounts of money on games the past few years, but I've also spent huge amounts of time playing them.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

SteveDave
Gamer at heart, collector at the moment. Life happens lol.

However, I am EXTREMELY lucky to have an operating and fully stocked retro arcade 10 mins away (1984), that's been my Friday night gaming routine for a while now. While my home gaming time is pathetic, I have once again embraced my arcade roots.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/kof-13-logo-1.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v206/GenAn/userstevedave.png

img814.imageshack.us/img814/6951/44988.gif

lee gray
I play games occasionally but there are also some games I just buy that I wont play.

RiKo
I'm a gamer who doesnt have enough time to play games:( I would say i collect some games but then they are games i play too! There is a limit to how much pleasure you can get from staring at a factory-sealed game on a shelf.
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Chiba3010
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/C9027A8B-2BFD-42AA-8CC0-118B8A010AB2-573-00000125DD67DA1C.jpg

Not into the whole "sealed, never played display piece" collecting mentality, personally speaking. I play all of my games, though some get much more attention than others which have, admittedly, only been played a couple of times.

I do put a lot of effort into obtaining games in "very good" to "brand new" condition and do all I can to make sure they stay that way, regardless of how often I play them.

Only problem these days is finding the time to enjoy them. It's frustrating that opportunities are limited but such are the burdens of adulthood. :(
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

merlin
I voted for 'Both of them a lil'. The vast majority of games I buy are ones I really want to play but sometimes I'm guilty of buying too many so there are quite a few games in my collection I haven't put much time into yet. Buying the SNK ports for Saturn, as great as they are, is more of a collecting thing for me since I own most of them on NGCD anyway and prefer to play them on that format.

marktheshark
I'm kinda both. I rarely own games just for the sake of owning them and I make a point of playing all my games at least a few times upon acquisition. However, if there's a good deal on something, I won't hesitate to act upon it.
www.theotaku.com/guru_results/2613_Wind.jpg

TF73
When I was younger it was mostly gaming only. But as I have gotten older I have also become more keen on collecting. Also as a married man with kids the time I have to play games have been reduced dramatically. But I guess I have played enough as both kids are addicts to gaming.....

Jump to Forum: