Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: reelmojo
Thread ID: 4200
Thread Info
There are 11 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 2760 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Buy Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom while you still can!
reelmojo
For anyone remotely interested in Tatsunoko Vs. Capcom, Capcom lost the rights to sell Tatsunoko games recently so whatever copies are left in the stores are it. Anyone who remembers how expensive Marvel Vs. Capcom 2 was after they lost those rights will tell you that you're gonna want to buy the game now while you still can.

Personally, I just bought a sealed copy (despite not owning a Wii at the moment). I'll probably try to leave it sealed and find a cheap used copy somewhere soon too so I can play it. Tatsunoko is obviously not as popular as Marvel in the west so there's a good chance the price won't skyrocket, but there's also a good chance that unlike MVC2 Capcom will never be able to reissue it.

Bullet
The most unfortunate part of that news is that Capcom didn't renew the license and that means no sequel is in the works. I wish that game wasn't Wii exclusive, so that more people had the chance to play it.

I really like the game a lot and hope this gets more people out to grab a copy.

I personally already have both the import and north american release and 2 of the official sticks. I don't mess around lol
i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii174/Bulletsonnet/opr00FUJ.gif

DarakuTenshi
I don't think that game was worth a sequel anyway; I was so disappointed in that game. They over simplified the gameplay.

Bullet
DarakuTenshi wrote:

I don't think that game was worth a sequel anyway; I was so disappointed in that game. They over simplified the gameplay.

I really couldn't disagree more with that, but to each his own.

reelmojo
I have yet to even play it but I know it has a few fans around here. I definitely wish it had been ported to 360 and PS3 at some point, but I guess it's cool for Wii owners to have an exclusive fighter all there own.

I won't be able to play my copy for a while as I don't really have the funds to purchase a new Wii (saving for a new PC instead). I'm definitely looking forward to finally getting to play it though.

DarakuTenshi
If this game was released before Street Fighter IV the story may have been different. By this time I was really into SF4 so this game was way to simplistic.

Bullet
As the french might say, Le sigh.

Are we gonna have one of those conversations where you think SF4 is deeper, because it has 6 attack buttons and TVC only has 3 attack buttons?

Virtua Fighter has punch , kick and block. The deepest fighting game period.

It is unfortunate, really. Since the larger SF4 community doesn't string every last bit out of a game, you don't think it has depth. The real problem that TVC faced, was MVC3, it was overshadowed because that game was on the horizon and that it was on the Wii, not because of any lack of depth.

The top players pushed TVC aside and used it as a tournament stop gap game as MVC3 had a better chance at being more mainstream and attracting more players as it would appear on 360 and ps3.

bojan4o
I was watching some videos recently of virtua fighter game play and i wish i would have a chance to play it cuz it looks so great and its really great cuz you can use a lot of combinations to attack defend grab throw and etc etc
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

marktheshark
bojan4o wrote:

I was watching some videos recently of virtua fighter game play and i wish i would have a chance to play it cuz it looks so great and its really great cuz you can use a lot of combinations to attack defend grab throw and etc etc

You can get the VF games for very cheap usually. I got VF4 Evolution for around $10 and it's very fun.
www.theotaku.com/guru_results/2613_Wind.jpg

DarakuTenshi
I can't remember the last time I played a VF game... I think it was VF2 on Saturn.

bojan4o
marktheshark wrote:

You can get the VF games for very cheap usually. I got VF4 Evolution for around $10 and it's very fun.

the only problem is that i dont own a console
2.bp.blogspot.com/-ydrrBL7IMp4/TcJO0vWWqzI/AAAAAAAAAfU/7iKc_MKXqaY/s1600/The+Lone+Wolf.jpg

Jump to Forum: