Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: RiKo
Thread ID: 4136
Thread Info
There are 56 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 15486 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
New NG:DevTeam game - NEO XYX - Maniac Shooter
Sensi
Yesterday I received the MVS version of the game and offcourse testing it rightaway. The controls don't work and the NEO GEO logo at the UniBios screen is distorted.......
Ok, I don't want to jump to quick conclusions and give NG.Dev the chance to fix this problematic issues.
But after the bug(s) STE reported in another topic for the DC version, it isn't a suprise this feels very wrong. Keep you updated.

NeoGeoNinja
Sensi wrote:

Yesterday I received the MVS version of the game and offcourse testing it rightaway. The controls don't work and the NEO GEO logo at the UniBios screen is distorted.......
Ok, I don't want to jump to quick conclusions and give NG.Dev the chance to fix this problematic issues.
But after the bug(s) STE reported in another topic for the DC version, it isn't a suprise this feels very wrong. Keep you updated.

Hmmm.

I expect the MVS version to be fine tbh Sensi. This is probably some minor incompatibility with your UniBios. My Fast Striker (AES) isn't a fan of it either.

Sorry for the short term issues, but I'm sure they will be fixed... unlike the f*cked up DC release. Which, the more I think about it, the more shocking it actually is...
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

Sensi
I think you're right Ninja. Unibios has been set to Japan/Arcade and it's possible to skip the intro with A. Credits are 00, so I have to alter the DIP settings/credits.

Sensi
Last night I checked the settings again, and by suprise I could switch the game to Japan/AES in UniBios. Credits were set to A0 instead of 00. Finally I could play the game!
After switching off the MVS and firing it up again, things were back to normal and it was only possible to set the game to useless Japan/Arcade. Damn, I hate these random bugs. So it's the UniBios who's blocking the whole thing.

I just mailed Analogue for a easy way to update Unibios 3.0 to a newer version, because the distorted screens I have are only normal for UniBios V3.0. NG.Dev notified me it should be fixed for V3.1/3.2, so I'm really eager to get one of these versions.

Update: just tested again and I was able to set the UniBios to AES mode. Settings are stored now, so it should be ok. Contacted Analogue for the update though.
Edited by Sensi on 07. April 2014 18:36

chacha
Dear NEOGEO customers,

our NEOGEO MVS back catalog is back in stock. All MVS items listed are in stock and ship within 3 business days.

The remaining stock of NEO XYX AES [LE] is now ready to pre order too. Only few units are left.
Production of NEO XYX AES starts within the next 2 weeks.

Pink Bullets AES LE will follow soon after NEO XYX AES LE is sold out.

Best regards,
NG : DEV . TEAM

This reprinting is good for those who want to have their games, but the prise is too high. I want to have XYX and FAST STRICKER, but it's very expensive.

I have GUN LORD mvs, and that will be the only one !! Unfortunately...
Edited by chacha on 10. April 2014 08:23

Sensi
The games are indeed expensive, although that's different for each person.
I did go for Gunlord and Fast Striker, because these ones are on my top list and I missed them the first round. Neo Geo collecting has always been expensive and it seems it won't change. It's like an old Ferrari; you can buy it, but maintaining it is a hell of a way sometimes and never cheap.

RiKo
Review of Neo XYX from this months Retro Gamer Issue 128. Do you agree?

There's a nice Making of Golden Axe article, where they talk to the developer. And also Making of Zarch too (one of my favourite games!). So worth buying Thumbs Up

(Click on images and then click again to enlarge)

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/NeoX1_zps00700d02.jpg

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/NeoX2_zpsaf6b8f50.jpg
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
NeoGeoNinja
RiKo wrote:

Review of Neo XYX from this months Retro Gamer Issue 128. Do you agree?

In general, the sloppy port they did of this to the DC (re: extra screen modes for DC owners) left a bitter taste in my mouth tbh.

My opinion of the game, unfortunately, is tainted.

I'm sure that if you have access to a no-hassle TATE set-up though, that it shines. Sadly, I don't (have access so easily), thus I opted for the DC version and got stung in the process really...
i699.photobucket.com/albums/vv359/NeoGeoNinja/NGNsignatureRev1.jpg

chacha
Did anybody here command R-A-Z-I-O-N by NGDEVTEAM ?

I did .

As soon as i receive the game (mvs version ^^ ), i show you what it is.

Sensi
Yup I did, also MVS.
Last Hope: Pink Bullets (AES) has just been shipped, so that one should arrive next week.

chacha
Dear customers,

Razion for NEO GEO MVS starts shipping next week.

Please contact us if your shipping address has changed since the order. Changing your shipping address in the shop effects only new orders. The old ones need to be manually updated by us.

If you are on vacation, we can schedule your order for later shipping. Just let us know.

To process all pre-orders we will need 2 weeks. The shop system will update you automatically.

------------

You can find a picture of the Shockbox CE + gamecenter full kit here:

http://www.ngdevt...x640px.jpg

------------

Other news:

We added a new shipping option (at extra costs) to the shop. With it normal editions can be packaged/shipped like AES CEs/ MVS LEs. Shipped in a bigger sturdy box, with MVS kit contents unfolded in an extra box.

We updated our FAQ section and added information about _MVS_ reprint dates. Those dates will be adjusted over time.

http://www.ngdevt...;Itemid=58

Gigashock games:

RAZION: NEOGEO MVS: currently available (December 2014) / next reprint 2016/17 * FAST STRIKER: NEOGEO MVS: currently available (December 2014) / next reprint 2016/17 *

* Being 2017 more likely.

Normal games:

Gunlord: NEOGEO MVS: next reprint 2015 * Last Hope Pink Bullets: NEOGEO MVS: next reprint 2015 *

* Depends on the ROM configuration and PCB revision of our next game.

Best regards,

NG : DEV . TEAM

STE C
Reference to the NEO XYX review, despite freezing 30% of the time ( although I have noticed improvements using different Dreamcasts) I class it as one of the best shooters I have ever played & ive played a lot.

Amazing shooter that plays near perfect for me, yeah its hard to complete but not impossible & I aint in the same class as Ninja or Merlin ** & I have seen Ninja play shumps in the flesh he is no slouch** its a real shame it left you bitter Ninja as its such an amazing game but yeah the freezing is a killer.

merlin
ChaCha that would good if you post your impressions of Razion when it arrives. BTW there is a thread about the game here:

http://www.neogeo...ad_id=4820

Always good to see you posting from time to time STE C. It's nearly time for your 'watcha watcha' threads again!

XYX is awesome no doubt about it. I found it difficult though and could only get to stage 3 on one credit. Pity about that freezing issue in the DC version. That must be very frustrating. Thanks but I'm not really that good at shoot 'em ups. I'm sure Ninja is a lot better than me.

Sensi
After some (off)topic posting, I continue about this game in the right spot.

After two unsuccesful experiments (component-DVI cable and component-HDMI converter) to play this title in TATE, I flipped a leftover HDTV on his side. I'm satisfied with the result.
Screen quality is decent, although it can't compete with RGB.

At the moment I have some doubts about the right screen settings. Normal gives black borders but the right aspect ratio. Full or Panorama stretches the screen a (little) bit, displaying objects smaller. The screen in these settings is beautiful large.

But overall, I'm very surprised and impressed of the excitement playing in TATE Mode. It's the first time playing this way at home and it brings truly the arcade experience to your own game room. Great stuff.

@Riko, is it normal to see not everything on screen? I have a little bit of scrolling space on both sides of the screen.

s24.postimg.org/6x2vx82t1/IMG_1085.jpg

s24.postimg.org/9burhnj1x/IMG_1092.jpg
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

RiKo
Sensi wrote:- But overall, I'm very surprised and impressed of the excitement playing in TATE Mode. It's the first time playing this way at home and it brings truly the arcade experience to your own game room. Great stuff.

@Riko, is it normal to see not everything on screen? I have a little bit of scrolling space on both sides of the screen.

Well done getting it working Sensi. I was surprised too at how different (in a good way) playing in TATE was at home, epspecially on a big TV screen.

I think mine fitted on screen ok, but I didn't think to scroll it and look. I know in the official SNK Neo Geo Programming Manual for the Neo Geo they advise developers against using the far edges of the display area for critical objects or information. Because many display devices don't display the full width of the display area. So could just be that.

---------------------------------
EDIT : I wasn't thinking properly then because the screen is rotated but I think the Neo Geo still has an extra hidden area at top of screen to scroll sprites down from, so this would make it bigger than the screen height anyway. Hopefully you can just centre the display and it'll be fine!
---------------------------

Most of the photos I took are blurred but if you zoom in you should be able to check if its similar to yours by the background scenery and text on screen. Looking at mine- the main logo looks off centre on title screen though. I should check that.

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/20160215_004842b_zpslfapxuhk.jpg

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/20160215_004952b_zpslj03eh4w.jpg

Use the Demonstration text and numerals as a way to compare on this screen

Good to hear you are enjoying the game.Thumbs Up
Edited by RiKo on 26. February 2016 23:07
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Sensi
Your screenshots should be a nice reference, cheers.
I will use it when I play the game sometimes.
I have hooked up the system again on the CRT, planning to play more other/older Neo games first. And shoot 'm ups first on any other systems, I don't have much experience with the genre.
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

Jump to Forum: