Helicopter
Neo Beast
is the new champion in
3D Stick FPS with 79375 points
3D Stick FPS

Thread Author: DarakuTenshi
Thread ID: 4078
Thread Info
There are 12 posts in this thread, and it has been viewed 1141 times.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Where do you buy Neo games from?
DarakuTenshi
Most of the time I buy my games from eBay but finding a game at a good price there can be rather difficult at times. Most of the time people charge way too much for games there. Right now there is a Fatal Fury 1 (J) for almost $70.
I would like to buy from Amazon but they never have enough information with them so you never know what you are going to get unless you contact the seller first. By that time your game may be gone.

LIFE_IN_2D
I now only buy through neo-geo.com . Why? Because E-bay is overpriced and a hive of scum and villainy.

Plus, people at n-g com don't mind posting board pics nor packing things nicely.
i780.photobucket.com/albums/yy86/sevenheadedunicorn/sig-1.jpg

shot in the eye
shot in the brain
shot in the ass...

DarakuTenshi
I've only bought from N-G.com twice.

Chiba3010
I usually go with sellers I know and trust on eBay who have generally reasonable asking prices or are willing to accept "best offers" between 10-20% lower than their "buy it now" price.

I've also purchased a number of titles from the "selling" forums here and, like 2D, on neogeo.com.

Amazon is indeed useless for AES collecting. The selection is abysmal and usually ridiculously overpriced. I did get my copy of Cyber Lip there but since there are no pics of individual items it arrived in fairly beat up condition despite its "very good" description provided by the seller. Angry Fortunately I had a spare case in great shape which I transferred it to.
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

merlin
I bought most of my AES and NGCD games from Hit Japan on eBay. Their prices are always fair and items are described accurately. Highly recommended.

http://stores.eba...-and-Anime
i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss13/merlin196/Video%20Games/perseval-6.gif

Chiba3010
merlin wrote:

I bought most of my AES and NGCD games from Hit Japan on eBay. Their prices are always fair and items are described accurately. Highly recommended.

I'll second that. Also have had nothing but smooth transactions with TokyoToyFactory, Videogameswholesale (aka ClassicGameSource) and akiba-connect.

There's also a seller "lil.tupac" I recently dealt with for the first time with no complaints- though I'd recommend bypassing his eBay listings and go straight to his full website "Akiba Games" as all active auctions are there too but at a nicely discounted price (probably to save the guy those profit deductions collected by eBay). Still, bear in mind I've only dealt with this relatively new seller only once. Hopefully any future business with him will continue to be positive.
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

DarakuTenshi
merlin wrote:

That's who I just got my World Heroes from. The game was only $35 but over charged shipping at $25.

priest
I´ve bought some games from Merlin ( Thumbs Up ), other than that I mainly buy my AES games off TRADERA (Swedish Ebay).
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
DarakuTenshi
Hmm... tradera.com does not seem to carry too much at the moment for AES. (Is that usual?)

priest
Yup! It´s quite rare that I actually find anything to buy there, to be honest. But I have found some real treasures there. There´s no comparison to EBAY in the amount of AES games, though.
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
DarakuTenshi
So true... most of the time they have 150-200 games at all times available on eBay. But, wading through them to find the ones that are worthwhile... that's a different story.

NEO-GEO man
DarakuTenshi wrote:

merlin wrote:

That's who I just got my World Heroes from. The game was only $35 but over charged shipping at $25.

Ive shopped on Ebay from all those and never an issue. Always get a perfect product and very good price. Very fast shipping.

You left out yjjy, also a top rated Japan seller, and also a regular place for me to shop. Never and issue with any of them, and always get the item exactly as described.

Daraku Tenshi, I reckon the shipping price they charged you was quite fair, it is not only the cost of the post, there is the packaging, there is the time to package the item, and then there is also the time to go there and post the item.

Jump to Forum: