Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 4054
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 2 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bought a new NEO GEO game? - tell us about it here
Sensi
AES games are always sweet buys, great to see all your purchases!
Nobody afraid to buy converts? It is a bit remarkable the AES (price) market hasn't suffered from it. I'm glad I bought all the AES games I wanted years ago, before scamming broke loose. But I have to admit, I'm not 100% sure mine AES collection is totally clean of it.

@Riko, really sweet buys dude! Especially Neo Geo Cup and Razion. I was lucky to get Razion from NG.DEV directly with all these great extras. Gorgeous artwork.

@Chiba, again a nice solution. It's even better to use a shockbox instead of the carton box you can buy League Bowling. Carton boxes suck and aren't 'Neo Geo ish'.

neoman
Tempted to buy metal slug 5 conversion just for the hell of it,

-SD-
So, I fancied a trip to Scotland for a round or two....

i.imgur.com/vU1o1cjh.jpg

Sealed Raguy and Super Baseball 2020

i.imgur.com/85eDfU8h.jpg
Edited by -SD- on 10. February 2016 14:04
Beard Complete UK/Euro Clamshell NEO•GEO Pocket Collection Headbang
39 Color & 2 Cover Variations, 5 B&W

RiKo
Nice buys SD, good to see someone going for the CD games. I only have Raguy out of those. They look in great condition.

Sensi wrote:- @Riko, really sweet buys dude! Especially Neo Geo Cup and Razion. I was lucky to get Razion from NG.DEV directly with all these great extras. Gorgeous artwork.

Thanks Sensi Thumbs Up The Razion was Neomans. I wish I had that! I did get Neo XYX though so more than happy with that. Kind of hoping I don;t find a Razion for at least a month or I might have to go without food to be able to afford it Smile

Sensi wrote:- Nobody afraid to buy converts? It is a bit remarkable the AES (price) market hasn't suffered from it. I'm glad I bought all the AES games I wanted years ago, before scamming broke loose. But I have to admit, I'm not 100% sure mine AES collection is totally clean of it.

I actually thought my Neo Cup might be a conversion before I bought it but I asked the seller who said it wasn't and now I have it, it does look like a genuine AES game. Even if the insert is very good, the give-away with every conversion I have seen to date is that the manual will be printed on the wrong king of paper. They always seem to use a more rigid type of paper. I do have a Blazing Star conversion and that's *very* good but again the manual feels too rigid.

Still I would guess they are making perfect conversions by now, so I suppose there's no 100% way to be sure without opening the cart.Shrug
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Salvio007
Hello all!!
Long time no talk!
I hope you are all well. Over the past 2 years I've collected pretty much 75% of IGS PGM 1 games ever made, purchased a PGM2 with a few games, an Atomiswave with 6 of the best games ever made for it and my NeoGeo collection has gotten much bigger. Same minty fresh original labels w/serials and all.
Best of all, I was able to get a Sega Blast City from a group buy for only $550 and had an optional hackpad box to play Xbox360 on it when I want to.
This is not all of my NG games, I still need to buy more shock boxes to put them in and purchase a new shelf for extra space!

As some of you know from my old posts, I renovated my Big red with NOS parts, sandblasted my panel and repainted everything. Still havent got around to reapply the original side art that I have laying in my closet.
Sanwa Denshi joystick conversion with octagonal gate on her too!
Much love, and I owe most of this passion to you fellas who motivated me into falling deep into this hole lol.
Here's some picks I had laying around.
Salvio007 attached the following images:
11933449_10207642372118953_2514248764941295725_n.jpg 12227568_10208127414524710_4453723372441338548_n.jpg 12249700_10208228330847555_3952262060642460388_n.jpg 12240012_10208228331567573_1009993221871649802_n.jpg 12295333_10208228331247565_2268292050942992483_n.jpg

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

Salvio007
Part 2

This was only a few toys.
I also got a NG CD Version 1, boxed up in my closet along with a Sega Dreamcast hackpad box to play DC on my Blast Cab Smile

That's my lady kicking ass on martial Masters
Cheers!!
Salvio007 attached the following images:
11888147_10207642402679717_8023373832697810087_o.jpg 11947424_10207642370998925_1507331625509859818_n.jpg

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m527e2p3hM1rxyg89o1_400.gif25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ljzgezNc6s1qjpq6to1_400.gif

Sensi
Salvio, welcome back! From I recall, you were a regular here and it's always nice to see old members dropping by again.

Well, you've got a tidy game room to be jealous of friend!
Awesome to have such space to stall your equipment.
Everywhere screens, seems to be hell of a arcade.
No cables or carbage in sight, real neat man.

The PGM system with his games is great to own.
Protect your boxes from the sunlight in that open closet.
Please post some more of your Neo games.

Salvio007
Thanks Sensi! Great to speak to you again.
It's no where as cool as what some of you guys have as your setup, but I made the best I could with the space I had in my extra bedroom.
When not in use, I close the blinds in that room, so that no sun gets through Thumbs Up
Once I get some time, I'll post more pics of my other goodies and closer shot of my NG MVS collection Smile

Sensi
Nice, looking forward to see more pics off your Neo Geo collection in the collection section. Please feel free to post more of your other systems in the appropiate topics, always cool to see passions of other people.

Really beautiful cab you have there. Would like to know more of the hackpad your were talking about. Didn't know such thing excisted.

Salvio007
Really beautiful cab you have there. Would like to know more of the hackpad your were talking about. Didn't know such thing excisted.

Sure thing!
A good pal of mine who goes by Lemony Vengance in the Neo-Geo.com Forums makes them.
I'll take a pic for you soon, but what he does is solder the inputs from 2 pcb pad boards onto a jamma finger board so that controls on your cab correspond to the DC or Xbox 360. You will need to get a VGA plug that is available for both of those consoles but also keep in mind this will only work on a Tri-synch monitor or cabinet like the Blast City with VGA plug built in.. You can also get the original xbox working on it, but it's a most costly process because you'll need another board to connect the scart plug to and make it visible on the cab since there's no vga option for the old xbox. This method will work on any cabinet though, as long as you lower the resolution within the xbox setting Wink
The hackpad of your choice will cost anywhere between 130-200$ depending on your needs. he also installs audio amplifiers on these things. If you buy from him, tell him Sal sent you and I'm sure he'll give you a break.

-SD-
i.imgur.com/wOTyXUy.jpg
i.imgur.com/etp5Oux.jpg

I've always wanted one of these ever since I first saw it in Telegames. As far as I'm concerned it's the best looking hardware SNK ever released. I never thought I'd actually own one as I didn't expect to find one in minty condition at a reasonable price. But I did. And now I do. Headbang
Edited by -SD- on 26. February 2016 14:29

Sensi
@Silvio, I don't own a cab (only a CMVS), but thanks for the offer and explanation.

@SD,

- Saturn Headbang
- PS2 Clap
- Neo CD Thumbs Up

What's next?

- DC? Headbang 2
s7.postimg.org/sk9u8o4y3/KOF_new.jpg

-SD-
Already got a Dreamcast, just need to install the USB GD controller PCB.

I'm after a Duo R next....

RiKo
COngratulations SD Clap So this is your first Neo Geo console? Great you can finally enjoy the games as they were made to be played. Hope you have loads of fun. Joe

SD wrote:- As far as I'm concerned it's the best looking hardware SNK ever released.

Although... Best looking hardware is definitely the AES! Wink

Sensi
Picked it up last night from another Dutch collector, really nice guy.
Neo Geo talk and played some Trash Rally, tempted to buy the AES version now.

In the near future I will buy a shockbox+insert for it, also for some other loose MVS carts .

s25.postimg.org/ne337a1jz/IMG_1099.jpg

RiKo
Nice purchase Sensi Thumbs Up I know that's your favourite Neo Geo shooter!

I'm not going to be buying anything for a while (letting my bank balance regenerate!) Smile

Sensi
Thanks RiKo. This was one of those MVS games I had my doubts about to buy, but I'm glad I did. What I've seen, it's a real pleasure to play. But hard as hell. I'm aiming to get more shoot 'm up experience with easier games before I try to nail this one.

Smart to save some money for the right moment. I'm sure it will come eventually, so you can add something nice to your collection.

Sensi
s25.postimg.org/hyigu4e3j/IMG_1103.jpg

s25.postimg.org/8cowdtmxr/IMG_1112.jpg

s25.postimg.org/tdexyqqfz/IMG_1117.jpg

s25.postimg.org/ynjwq1aov/IMG_1120.jpg

RiKo
Great purchases Sensi. You said you were going to get Thrash Rally and you did ClapThumbs Up I am quite interested in Bang Bead myself. What do you think of Sengoku 3? I think that is a bit of a love it or hate it game. I half like it but wish you didn't keep fighting the same enemies all the time and that they took less hits to kill. I found it a bit repetitive in that way.

Sensi
Cheers. The last couple of months I'm more busy hunting down the MVS titles from my must have list.The prices have gone up considerably and I want to avoid AES prices in the future. Still 15 to go. Twinkle Star Sprites & Pleasure Goal are already out of bounds, I'm afraid I will never get them for a decent price anymore. I really should get Pulstar and Windjammers soon before they walk away for good. But always for the right price, never paying ridicolous amounts for them.

Bought Bang Bead due liking Flip Shot. Don't know why, but I simply can't resist the simple Pong mechanic. It's always nice to play a couple games, but in the end it always results in more then intented Wink

I still have to play Sengoku 1 (AES) Pfft Bought chapter 3 for the future. But I'm still looking for Sengoku II (MVS). Played a little bit though to test it. Animation looks nice, rest of the graphics a litttle bit dim. Nice you can choose your route.

Any games you are looking out for Riko?

Jump to Forum: