Donkey Kong
Spooky
is the new champion in
Helicopter with 1125 points
Helicopter

Thread Author: priest
Thread ID: 4054
This Thread Is Sticky
This thread is sticky & may contain important information. There's also files attached.
  View Thread
Who is here? 1 guest(s)
 Print Thread
Bought a new NEO GEO game? - tell us about it here
Sensi
Nice to have Windjammers. Looking also for the MVS version.
So happy with your purchase? Do you have a shockbox for it?

Chiba3010
Lately, my AES purchases have been few, far between and (by AES standards at least) modestly-priced. Picked up Galaxy Fight on the cheap around Christmas time and it finally arrived today! After cleaning the case and applying a few touch-ups where needed, it now meets my game library's aesthetic bottom line of "very good" condition. Wink
Galaxy Fight is a strange bird; flawed but unique and enjoyable enough to deserve a spot on my shelves. Thumbs Up

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/Mobile%20Uploads/image.jpeg
i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8b2527a9.jpg

Sensi
Congrats with your purchase Chiba!
Never delved too deep in this one but after watching some videos it's a strange bird.
Gameplay and animation looks decent though. So confident enough you bough from a reliable seller? Although I don't think these there is a less chance you can go wrong with a older AES title.

Chiba3010
Thanks, Sensi! Yeah, I'm pretty sure the cart is a legit original. Like you said, Galaxy Fight is an earlier release, somewhat obscure and (to my knowledge) not in high demand. At present, I doubt anyone would go to the trouble of making a GF bootleg and certainly not for the price I paid for it. Wink

Chiba3010
My latest AES acquisition! Scored a loose Kabuki Klash cart in pretty good condition a few weeks ago. I outfitted a spare soft case with a custom insert from Southtown Homebrew for the game. To be honest, I like this alternative cover art better than the original anyway. A complete set with snap-lock case and manual would've cost hundreds more and given my current financial situation, I'm perfectly content with my "franken-case" pictured here!
KK is a very good fighter from Hudson Soft and in my opinion, quite underrated. I've never played the JRPGs series this fighting game was adapted from so I'm probably missing out on some of its novelty here but it's still a very fun title. Thumbs Up

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/C93DC5E8-0C39-465B-B743-BDC6A1BB0E7D_1.jpg

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/28506387-BC55-4AAC-BEE7-2F279FD07F7F_4.jpg

RiKo
Very Nice Chiba, Looks good! I want to give some time to Kabuki Klash. I've always thought it looked like a pretty good game Thumbs Up
Mini-Reviews of films I have just watched : http://richwatmov...press.com/
Mini-Reviews of ZX Spectrum games : https://iplayzxsp...ress.com//

http://www.youtube.com/user/PhoenixRisen7
Chiba3010
Thanks, RiKo! Kabuki Klash is a neat little fighter that caught my interest only recently after being overlooked for many years. I'm still just beginning to get familiar with it but it's been a lot of fun so far. It's definitely among the upper-tier, non-SNK fighters I've played on the Neo. Give it a try sometime! It's no Last Blade or Garou but can be very enjoyable when appreciated on its own eccentric merits. Smile

cthulhu
Great buy, I really like Kabuki Klash. A very nice and I think underrated game.
My arcade stuff

"ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn! Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"

Murikov
Wooo, congrats on another AES aquisition, Chiba. Good to see some love for loose carts. Thumbs Up

I still fondly remember Kabuki Klash's final boss - a typical SOB in the tradition of Neo Geo fighting games. Wink
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

Sensi
Using the insert en shockbox from Southtown is a great solution Chiba.
Don't know anything about the game so I can't comment on it, but nice to hear you are liking it. So you are looking after the cheaper AES titles, any titles you still look for?

Henke
Chiba3010 wrote:

My latest AES acquisition! Scored a loose Kabuki Klash cart

Cool, seems like a nice looking game! I've never played it or the PCE RPGs either.

I made a great deal with forum-member Priest yesterday at a retroconvention in Sweden:

www.vintagegames.se/forum/images/collection/collection_item_20711.jpg

Thank you very much Priest, it was nice to meet you "IRL"!

Murikov
@Henke:
Definitely a must-have in every AES collection. Personally I prefer LB1 over the sequel, almost a perfect game. Good purchase! Thumbs Up
i.imgur.com/aLu1k0m.gif

priest
Henke: Thanks for another smooth deal, I hope you enjoy LB....And yea, it was relly nice meeting you face to faceBeard
i149.photobucket.com/albums/s49/huwuno/userpriest.png

Used with the kind permission from their creator "Shiny"

http://www.motalaarkadhall.se/
RiKo
Good to see you Priest Thumbs Up Keep us updated on your arcade

I'm very proud of my 3 new Neo Geo games although, maybe a couple will be a little surprising to many. I do love Neo Geo Cup on MVS so I had to get the AES version. I've never been that keen on World Heroes in the past but I found out recently I really like Perfect, so I had to get that. That's probably it for the Neo Geo for me for a while Smile Ouch!

i468.photobucket.com/albums/rr45/RimShot69/SNV81020bb_zpswgp7lwcb.jpg

neoman
Had this for a while now
i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p559/neoman40/image_zpsnrjlb77b.jpeg

Chiba3010
Congrats on your new games, Henke, RiKo and neoman! I still don't have any of the NGDEV releases. Some of their shmups look pretty damn sexy, Razion and NeoXYX among them. Wink Hope to get my hands on at least one of them someday, it just seems I'm never in the right financial circumstances at the right time to catch one of their limited AES cart runs.:(

Both Last Blade games are brilliant with a audio/visual presentation bordering on an interactive piece of fine art. They're stunning and the gameplay is virtually flawless. I'm sure you'll have a blast with LB1, Henke. Thumbs Up

RiKo
Thanks Chiba Thumbs Up I'm really enjoying Neo XYX so far. Well worth getting if you can find one. I had to get mine off Ebay but I think for a fairly good price and it came with all the posters, Soundtrack CD etc.

neoman wrote:

Had this for a while now
i1155.photobucket.com/albums/p559/neoman40/image_zpsnrjlb77b.jpeg

You made me very jealous Neoman! I like the artwork too. I always go for Japanese AES carts where I can. I've been half-looking for one myself but so far only seen US AES versions. Let us know what you think of the game when you play it Thumbs Up

Chiba3010
@Sensi: Yeah, between having less disposable income lately and the ever-soaring market prices of AES games, my latest purchases have been chosen from the less expensive end of my AES "want list". Savage Reign *was* among those titles but over the past two years its going rate increased by more than $150, putting it out of my range for the time being. As far as other (still) less pricey games I'm interested in are concerned, I just got one of the last titles I've been keeping an eye on... League Bowling!

Chiba3010
Picked up a loose League Bowling AES cart and just like I did with Kabuki Klash, I outfitted a spare old-style case for the game with a Southtown Homebrew insert (again featuring a design I like more than the original art. Wink
League Bowling a lot of fun for a quick set or two and also one of the few Neo Geo games my wife is interested to try out in 2 player mode!

i1152.photobucket.com/albums/p488/Chiba3010/8922614A-FC26-4520-9043-970D99588144.jpg

neoman
Chiba3010 kabuki Klash that a fine catch ,have to admit looking at the those screen shots the game looks very tempting to buy,
Last blade has been on my radar for awhile
But there a snk vs capcom on eBay going for a decent price.
Damm

Jump to Forum: